Russell Wilson Discussion Thread - Split with Seahawks?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mullmania
MVP
MVP

Re: Is Russell Wilson still an Elite QB 1?

Postby mullmania » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:53 am

Any comments? Will this improve? Are you rolling out Wilson against Dallas or bench city?

I make a thread, get a bunch of people telling me I’m crazy and then crickets.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:44 am

I am not sure how much worry there needs to be at the moment - assuming we are talking from a fantasy perspective - Wilson still put up ok production despite being on the road against what many would be considering a great if not elite Defence, and did so without having much in the way of proven weapons.

I am sure a lot is going to depend on your leagues specific scoring settings, but in typical PPR Wilson is basically right there as a QB1 as the difference between QB10 Dalton and QB19 Goff is like 7 points. The difference between him and Brady is like .5. And this is after 2 tough games both on the road, both against strong defences.

Again, talking simply from a fantasy perspective - Wilson is producing. The Seahawks have scored 41 points on the road - thats more than any team in the NFC East in comparison - each who has had a home game and Wilson has outscored all NFC East QBs.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:48 am

What do you expect to hear back? You're now asking if people are going to bench a stud QB. Unless you have a better option like Fitzpatrick :wink:, the seahawks playing the Vikings/Jags, or Wilson is on a bye, you don't bench him. Just take a deep breath. The sky is not yet falling.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:24 am

In my leagues he is still the QB15 through 2 games and while that does not make him an elite QB1, he still looks great.
He is simply just getting used to the new.. "talent" around him.

He's still talented, Seattle just needs to put it together.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:25 am

Go look at your current top 10 and tell me where the top 5 are right now. Rodgers is at 10. Wilson isn't there. Watson isn't there. Luck isn't there. Obviously Wentz because of the injury. The cream will rise by season's end. It already does. Unless you want to believe that Fitzpatrick is going to be the #1 QB in the league this season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:03 am

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/ ... 3901378561

Interesting thread on twitter. (I don't know how to post a fancy link to twitter here)

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:15 am

He went for 300/3 in week one and then "struggled" in week 2 putting up 226/2 against an elite defense.

Anyone panicking right now doesn't understand how fantasy football works. This is what elite QBs do. They weather the storm and still give you solid production against the really good defenses, and blow up for big games against the bad defenses. That Chicago defense is going to hold a lot of mediocre QBs to a lot less than 15 fantasy points this year. And Wilson is going to have some big games in front of him.

Likewise, stop worrying about what position he's in right now. His scoring so far is generally good for the QB6-7 range once the samples settle in (and of course his scoring will likely go up from here without Chicago on the road at night on the schedule again). Right now the rankings are conflated by guys that have had one huge game that will eventually settle back into the pack.

Last year through two weeks Alex Smith and Trevor Siemian were the top 2 scoring fantasy QBs, and Wilson was QB20.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:29 am

Vcize wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:15 am Last year through two weeks Alex Smith and Trevor Siemian were the top 2 scoring fantasy QBs, and Wilson was QB20.
Excellent point.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:43 am

It's to bad the Seahawks second game against the Cardinals this season is in week 17. What a waste. His schedule from weeks 10-15 does not look very good either. Having to play Rams/Packers/Panthers/9ers/Vikes/9ers will be a tough stretch.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:07 am

Vcize wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:15 am He went for 300/3 in week one and then "struggled" in week 2 putting up 226/2 against an elite defense.

This. The answer is still yes with a disgusting O-Line and next to zero weapons. Imagine if that situation improves... :think:
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:34 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:07 am
Vcize wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:15 am He went for 300/3 in week one and then "struggled" in week 2 putting up 226/2 against an elite defense.

This. The answer is still yes with a disgusting O-Line and next to zero weapons. Imagine if that situation improves... :think:
I mean, I feel like I'm one of the bigger Wilson believers out there, but don't pretend that was an easy 226/0. Pretty sure he only had 69 passing yards (and 0 TD's) going into the 4th quarter.

This is the same Wilson/painful Seahawks offense we saw last year, where he'd have like 5-10 fantasy points seemingly every game after 3 quarters, only to pull some magic out of his bleep and end the day with 20 points. Only problem is, the offense so far looks even worse than last year. Baldwin's injury was unfortunate and he can't come back soon enough, but I think they made a mistake letting Jimmy Graham go. Or at least not replacing him (AND Paul Richardson) with someone better than Brandon Marshall or Will Dissly (granted, Dissly has been a godsend so far as a 4th-round rookie TE).

I'm still confident enough that I plan on starting him almost every week, and I do think he'd be an elite QB1 if he had just an average offense around him. But I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up more in the QB6-10 range this year. There's bad signs and red flags that shouldn't be ignored imo. The best thing going for him is the declining Seahawks defense that will allow them to play catch-up mode (like they did last night).
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Life of Pablo wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:34 am
GridironGuerilla wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:07 am

I'm still confident enough that I plan on starting him almost every week, and I do think he'd be an elite QB1 if he had just an average offense around him. But I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up more in the QB6-10 range this year. There's bad signs and red flags that shouldn't be ignored imo. The best thing going for him is the declining Seahawks defense that will allow them to play catch-up mode (like they did last night).
These things are not mutually exclusive in dynasty. I absolutely acknowledge the obstacles he is facing this season but finishing a year outside the top 5 under these circumstances does not negate his past performance nor mute his future potential IMO. If Rogers was to finish outside the top 5 this season, he remains an elite QB1.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:42 pm

I am more worried that the O-line is giving up too many sacks (12 so far in 2 games) that Wilson ends up getting hurt. Granted, DEN and CHI have some pretty good pass rushers, but still...

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:33 pm

You can remove the 'elite' from my question now ;)

He's in Tom Brady territory scoring wise. Things are scary down there :)

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:51 pm

mullmania wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:33 pm You can remove the 'elite' from my question now ;)

He's in Tom Brady territory scoring wise. Things are scary down there :)
You must be new to dynasty. Welcome to the format.