UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

ASJ and the Seahawks, yes please.

Postby UATahoe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:40 am

Would love this pairing.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

nyterp
Starter
Starter

Re: ASJ and the Seahawks, yes please.

Postby nyterp » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:06 am

UATahoe wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:40 am Would love this pairing.
Curious why. It is not like Graham was fantastic there (good recently, but nowhere near as productive as he was in NO). I think ASJ is talented and was a few weird calls/plays away from being much more productive last year, but I am not seeing it in Seattle.
rosterwars.forumotion.com - IDP/Contract league discussion board. Come check us out!

IDP/Contract - Charm City Justice

Superflex - Chernobyl Toxins

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:07 am

nyterp wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:06 am
UATahoe wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:40 am Would love this pairing.
Curious why. It is not like Graham was fantastic there (good recently, but nowhere near as productive as he was in NO). I think ASJ is talented and was a few weird calls/plays away from being much more productive last year, but I am not seeing it in Seattle.
Graham is a shell of himself as a player. ASJ would be a good fit w/ RW.

gunzwil guinea pigs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gunzwil guinea pigs » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:08 am

I think it would be nice but he has to block there as many before him had to... Wilson wasn't looking too much to the TE, but if O-Line should be fixed (big IF), he could be killin it in the red-zone
2QB-Dynasty - 10 Team standard scoring - 30man roster
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, D/ST

QB: Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Matthew Stafford, Mike White, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Breece Hall, Tony Pollard, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Rashaad Penny, Damien Harris
WR: CeDee Lamb, Garrett Wilson, Stefon Diggs, Devonta Smith, Terry McLaurin, George Pickens, Calvin Ridley, Zay Flowers, Robert Woods, John Metchie, Marvin Mims
TE: Kyle Pitts, Irv Smith, Trey McBride
K: Tyler Bass
D/ST: Browns, Washington, Packers

Picks 2024: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2025: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2026: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:12 am

Mainly just the pairin with Wilson. Graham never seemed right last year and I feel like ASJ has the talent to excel. Any time you get paired with a dynamic QB i would consider it a good thing.

2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

petebusey
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby petebusey » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:26 am

Are we forgetting about Luke Wilson here? Maybe even more talented than ASJ and maybe why they are feeling as comfortable as they are to let Graham walk?
I'm too ashamed of any of my teams to post.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:29 am

I think it would be a good landing spot, and as of right now, he would probably be their second best receiver.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:50 am

I really like the pairing as well.

Even if the Seahawks have ASJ block quite a bit (and that's IF), he'll still get a ton of work in the RZ. There is a lot of RZ targets up for grabs. Graham had the most RZ targets in the league at 26 (so RW should be used to targeting the TE now), and 58% of the teams RZ targets are leaving between (Graham, Paul Richardson, and Luke Willson). That leaves 41 targets up for grabs.

Guys that might step up are: Baldwin, he may get a bit more targets, but at the end of the day he's a smallish slot WR that turns 30 this season (so who knows when he'll start to lose a step), and he'll be easier to double team since their offensive weapons are so limited. Then there's Lockett, but for whatever reason RW has never really targeted him in the RZ (I think the most targets in the RZ he's ever had was last year at 8 - nothing compared to Grahams 26). Luke Willson could be good, but he's a free agent and there hasn't been any indication as of yet that he'll be resigning.

Also, if you think about what the Seahawks offseason has been like, the legion of boom is basically gone, and their defense is a shell of its former self. Would not be shocking at all to see RW throw the most attempts of his career in 2018.

NTM, ASJ still has the speed that he could do something after the catch, unlike Graham last season.

Really like this landing spot for ASJ.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:19 am

Seahawks need a blocking TE before they need a receiving TE
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:26 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:19 am Seahawks need a blocking TE before they need a receiving TE
They've still got Vannett on his rookie deal to fill that role. I've not heard much talk about whether or not they'll bring back Willson, but ASJ would be an upgrade from him IMO. It makes too much sense for ASJ to return to the region where he played his high school and college ball now that he seems to have his off-field issues under control.

He's not going to cost too much, wants to play in Seattle, and I believe he's got a lot more to offer than Jimmy Graham at this point in their respective careers. There will also be some available targets with the seemingly inevitable loss of Richardson and Graham on the horizon.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:14 am

Am I out of the loop that ASJ is a bad blocker in the NFL?

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:20 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:14 am Am I out of the loop that ASJ is a bad blocker in the NFL?
Actually no, if I recall correctly he's serviceable to decent as a blocker. It would give Seattle a couple of TE's who can block and that could assist in the running game. I'm hoping this deal gets done. Makes a lot of sense for both parties.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

The Grudge
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Grudge » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:48 pm

Saints poking their noses at ASJ. This would be a way better landing spot imo
Team#1-12 team ppr 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/RB-WR-TE Flex/2DE/3LB/3DB/DE-LB-DB Flex 18 Starters
QB: Wilson, Allan, Big Ben
RB: Mixon, J. Taylor, Ekeler, R. Jones, Edmonds, D. Harris, Freeman, Gio, K. Hill, Tony Jones
WR: Cooper, Hopkins, Godwin, Cooks, Jeudy, Higgins, E. Moore, Callaway, Palmer, Slayton,
TE: Kittle, Jonnu Smith, Tonyan, RSJ, Parham, Albert O
K:
DE: Heyward, Hendrickson, Davenport
LB: Jayon Brown, Littleton, Leonard, Warner, Mosley, Wilson, Gay,
DB: Byard, Bell, Jenkins

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Just read that and would definitely agree.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:55 pm

Yah the saints would be nice. Feel like the landing spot would somewhat cancel each out though.

On the Saints, I could see him having way more TD upside, but less overall yardage/targets. Whereas I could see him getting a bunch of targets (for a TE), but less opp for TDs with the Seahawks.

I guess the preference would change if you played in standard or ppr.