Keenum to DEN, what does it mean for the WR's?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Re: Keenum to DEN, what does it mean for the WR's?

Postby hjernazian » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:31 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:44 am
hjernazian wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:56 pm I still don't see (in real life) the Broncos being more than a 8-8 team with Keenum, but hopefully he can be a serviceable QB and act as a bridge to our likely QB selection in the draft.
I don't see how this move doesn't improve the outlook for DT and Sanders at least a little bit. Agreed that Keenum isn't likely turning into Kurt Warner before our eyes, but he's definitely superior to the three-headed dungheap that Denver rolled out at QB in 2017. Nowhere to go but up really.

I'm curious hjernazian if there's any talk about Chad Kelly in Denver? I realize he's been injured/rehabbing and hasn't been able to do anything. But any chance he gets to compete, or will they simply leave him running the scout team? I thought he was talented coming into the league, but he had maturity issues that contributed to his slide in the draft.
I was actually born and raised in Denver, but currently live in Los Angeles. With that said, all of my friends/family backhome, including myself, are Chad Kelly-truthers. I believe in the kid. I know he's a late round pick, but he hasn't had a shot yet. I wouldn't at all be dissapointed if we draft the OL at the 5 spot, and Kelly a shot if Keenum throws lame ducks out there. He is definitely a home town guy that the locals want to see have an opportunity. It's just hard to pass on the likes of Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold or Jackson.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Keenum to DEN, what does it mean for the WR's?

Postby maxhyde » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:28 pm

Keenum will take more chances than Seimian did. I think better for the WR's but still not great
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams