General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Landry to Browns

Postby btv802 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:42 am

JFever wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:39 am
btv802 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:34 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:49 am Deandre Hopkins catches about 55% of his balls (and that is basically true for each season of his career so far). The only reason he gets the yards and TDs is cuz he gets 170 - 180 balls thrown his way each season. Landry catches closer to 70% of his balls. DeAndre does have a 14 ypc average, where Landry only does 8 ypc. But Landry did find the endzone 9 times in 2017 compared to 13 times for Nuk.

I guess what I'm saying, if Landry had gotten 170-180 targets, he'd have about the same amount of total yards and probably as many TDs as Nuk. They just go about how they get them differently. Nuk in longer chunks, Landry in shorter chunks.

That's what makes Antonio Brown so remarkable. He gets a ton of targets, but also has a high catch rate and a very good ypc rate. So he is the best of Nuk and Landry, in one package.
You can't compare Landry to Hopkins. You just can't. It's more reasonable to compare him to his cohorts doing their work near the line of scrimmage. In that context, I'd argue if you fed guys like Golden Tate, Randall Cobb, Jordan Matthews, Willie Snead, Albert Wilson & Jamison Crowder as many targets as Jarvis Landry that they would have similar numbers to him.
I object. Speculation. I'm not convinced that Tate, Cobb, Matthews, Snead, or Crowder are near as tough as Landry. Sustained.
I mean I actually edited Tate out of my my post because I realized that he actually did put up similar numbers to Jarvis on like 40 fewer targets this year...then I put him back in when I realized you had already responded. Every player on the list I made has had near or better than 70% catch rate seasons in their career. It's not as impressive as I think many realize, only when you compare it to receivers that are legit deep threats unlike Jarvis.

Just for fun I put Tate on a 161 target pace to compare him to Jarvis this year. It put him at 1346 yards and 7 TDs compared to Jarvis 987 yards and 9 TDs.
Last edited by btv802 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:47 am

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:38 am
saw061600 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:31 pm That's a lot for a WR 3. I mean, Coleman WR1, Gordon WR2 and all (literally LOL as I type)
Only nominally. Coleman is the big loser here; it is likely he finishes a distant third to Landry and Gordon in receptions this year, assuming they all play 16 games.
Ha, my sarcasm didn't transfer well to this post.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:11 am

btv802 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:42 am
JFever wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:39 am
btv802 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:34 am

You can't compare Landry to Hopkins. You just can't. It's more reasonable to compare him to his cohorts doing their work near the line of scrimmage. In that context, I'd argue if you fed guys like Golden Tate, Randall Cobb, Jordan Matthews, Willie Snead, Albert Wilson & Jamison Crowder as many targets as Jarvis Landry that they would have similar numbers to him.
I object. Speculation. I'm not convinced that Tate, Cobb, Matthews, Snead, or Crowder are near as tough as Landry. Sustained.
I mean I actually edited Tate out of my my post because I realized that he actually did put up similar numbers to Jarvis on like 40 fewer targets this year...then I put him back in when I realized you had already responded. Every player on the list I made has had near or better than 70% catch rate seasons in their career. It's not as impressive as I think many realize, only when you compare it to receivers that are legit deep threats unlike Jarvis.

Just for fun I put Tate on a 161 target pace to compare him to Jarvis this year. It put him at 1346 yards and 7 TDs compared to Jarvis 987 yards and 9 TDs.
If only reality actually worked this way.... :lol:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:13 am

JFever wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:11 am If only reality actually worked this way.... :lol:
I'm just trying to make a more realistic comparison of Landry. Hopkins ain't it.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:24 am

JFever wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:39 am I object. Speculation. I'm not convinced that Tate, Cobb, Matthews, Snead, or Crowder are near as tough as Landry. Sustained.
you don't get to sustain your own objection, counsel
btv802 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:42 am Just for fun I put Tate on a 161 target pace to compare him to Jarvis this year. It put him at 1346 yards and 7 TDs compared to Jarvis 987 yards and 9 TDs.
Stafford > a vast distance across space and time > Smokin' Jay
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:31 am

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:24 am
JFever wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:39 am I object. Speculation. I'm not convinced that Tate, Cobb, Matthews, Snead, or Crowder are near as tough as Landry. Sustained.
you don't get to sustain your own objection, counsel
btv802 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:42 am Just for fun I put Tate on a 161 target pace to compare him to Jarvis this year. It put him at 1346 yards and 7 TDs compared to Jarvis 987 yards and 9 TDs.
Stafford > a vast distance across space and time > Smokin' Jay
Agreed but it doesn't take an elite QB to complete 6 yard passes. Sorry I'm just piling on right now..

Seriously though I'm only responding to JFever saying "just bump up Landry's target volume and his numbers look like Hopkins". He started this little game, not me.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:46 am

Scroll up. Double check that. I don't believe I was the one to say that if you bump up Landry's targets, his numbers would look like Hopkins.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:47 am

JFever wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:46 am Scroll up. Double check that. I don't believe I was the one to say that if you bump up Landry's targets, his numbers would look like Hopkins.
My bad I got confused! :oops:

So ok I'm fine with you invalidating my Landry to Tate comparison, but you are conveniently quiet on criticizing the Landry to Hopkins comparison which came first and is easily the worse of the two.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:13 pm

I'm not confident in saying that if you switched the two (Landry and Hopkins) that they'd be interchangeable and produce similarly with the same targets. It could be close, but, who knows.....

But.... I do think it is close enough to compare. I see Landry as a special talent. When you watch him play, it seems clear. OR, at least when I've watched him play, he stands out. I'm a big fan of Landry. I see him as a tough football player. I love the grit that he plays with. I don't minimize his relevance based off of a few statistics like yards per reception or even overall yards on the season because I understand / or think I understand, that the situation he was coming from wasn't normal. I think the Qb's that have been throwing the ball in Miami (Tannehill, Cutler) and the running game, as well as other wide receivers (injured or otherwise) all have to be taken into consideration. Even the scores of the games and variables like these have to be included in order to truly make sense of the stats that get brought up (YPR, total Yards, Yards per target, etc.). Over using those numbers while ignoring how the kid plays is a mistake. I don't think that guys like Tate, Snead, Matthews are near as tough. I don't think they play as hard, run as hard, and have the same mind set. I've seen them all play, and, I don't have them in the same category as Landry. If I'm a head coach or an offensive coordinator, I want Landry on my team. I don't want to pay my slot guy what my #1 outside guy will demand, but, I think we have been in a trend lately and since W.Welker, G.Jennings, V.Cruz, etc, the slot guys are much more impact-full to a good, well rounded, take advantage of mismatches - offense.

jonesmaster
Starter
Starter

Postby jonesmaster » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:19 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:13 pm I'm not confident in saying that if you switched the two (Landry and Hopkins) that they'd be interchangeable and produce similarly with the same targets. It could be close, but, who knows.....

But.... I do think it is close enough to compare. I see Landry as a special talent. When you watch him play, it seems clear. OR, at least when I've watched him play, he stands out. I'm a big fan of Landry. I see him as a tough football player. I love the grit that he plays with. I don't minimize his relevance based off of a few statistics like yards per reception or even overall yards on the season because I understand / or think I understand, that the situation he was coming from wasn't normal. I think the Qb's that have been throwing the ball in Miami (Tannehill, Cutler) and the running game, as well as other wide receivers (injured or otherwise) all have to be taken into consideration. Even the scores of the games and variables like these have to be included in order to truly make sense of the stats that get brought up (YPR, total Yards, Yards per target, etc.). Over using those numbers while ignoring how the kid plays is a mistake. I don't think that guys like Tate, Snead, Matthews are near as tough. I don't think they play as hard, run as hard, and have the same mind set. I've seen them all play, and, I don't have them in the same category as Landry. If I'm a head coach or an offensive coordinator, I want Landry on my team. I don't want to pay my slot guy what my #1 outside guy will demand, but, I think we have been in a trend lately and since W.Welker, G.Jennings, V.Cruz, etc, the slot guys are much more impact-full to a good, well rounded, take advantage of mismatches - offense.
amen :angel:
8-team SF / 0.5 PPR / TE (Full PPR) Scoring: 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2FLX, 1 SFLX, 1TE, 1D/ST, K (Only relevant players listed)

QB: Kyler , Dak , R. Wilson, Dimes, Kenny P
RB: AK , Mostert
WR: Godwin , Deebo , Dotson , Hollywood, Addison, E. Moore
TE: Andrews , Njoku, LaPorta, Washington, Mayer
D/ST: Bills / Philly

Picks : 2024: 3 firsts; 2025: 3 firsts; 2026: 4 firsts

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:22 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:13 pm I'm not confident in saying that if you switched the two (Landry and Hopkins) that they'd be interchangeable and produce similarly with the same targets. It could be close, but, who knows.....

What did I just read? :shock: Landry is certainly talented, but Hopkins can generate offense with no surrounding talent. Landry and all those slot WRs you mentioned cannot. They were all very good cogs in their respective offenses, but if you put Landry on HOU, there is a zero percent chance he would've produced the same way Hopkins did last year.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:37 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:13 pm I don't want to pay my slot guy what my #1 outside guy will demand
That's it right there. That's all I care about really. Jarvis is good at what he does and of course I want him on my football team. He may not be capable of what elite NFL WR1 type players do, but he's a good football player in the proper context.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:48 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:22 pm What did I just read? :shock: Landry is certainly talented, but Hopkins can generate offense with no surrounding talent. Landry and all those slot WRs you mentioned cannot. They were all very good cogs in their respective offenses, but if you put Landry on HOU, there is a zero percent chance he would've produced the same way Hopkins did last year.
And this is why Landry "hate" is a complete figment of their imagination b/c they think he's the (or comparable to) the best receiver in football and he's not by any measure.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:47 pm

From a standpoint of fantasy football, we can surely compare the two. And if Landry was given the targets Nuk gets, they'd score similar points across the season.

At the end of the day, it's fantasy points that matter. And Nuk achieves those points less efficiently than Landry. And that gap will only increase as Landry joins what could be a very good offense, which Miami wasnt.