Landry to Browns

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Re: Landry to Browns

Postby TheChicken » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:25 am

Struggling to see how a franchised player that was traded (all things out of the players control) is chasing money (as if Miami are a competitive team right now and staying would bring him glory) .... Or how any of these moves have adversely affected the ability of the Browns to acquire any of the pending free agents or to have a very good draft. Only time will tell.
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:30 am

TheEastWest wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:48 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:05 am I thought he was joking at first. Does this guy really not understand that Landry is going to sign a long term deal with the Browns?
I bet your one of those guys who thought Cousins was gonna chase the money and sign with the Browns just because the Browns had the most cap room when common sense pointed to Cousins wanting to play for a winner and wasn’t going to the highest bidder ..
Check the Board, I believe I called Cousins to Vikings long before the media sniffed it out ..
That has absolutely no relevancy to anything we're discussing. But no, I didn't think that at all.

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:42 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:30 am
TheEastWest wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:48 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:05 am I thought he was joking at first. Does this guy really not understand that Landry is going to sign a long term deal with the Browns?
I bet your one of those guys who thought Cousins was gonna chase the money and sign with the Browns just because the Browns had the most cap room when common sense pointed to Cousins wanting to play for a winner and wasn’t going to the highest bidder ..
Check the Board, I believe I called Cousins to Vikings long before the media sniffed it out ..
That has absolutely no relevancy to anything we're discussing. But no, I didn't think that at all.
I understand clearly the Browns want to break the bank and sign Laundry long term but that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen..
Now that Laundry has 100% of the levage due to refusing to sign before being traded you just assume he signs with a 1-31 team based on what?
You honestly think the Browns didn’t offer him a massive contract before the trade was completed?
Do you understand that Laundry didn’t sign for a reason?
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:01 am

TheChicken wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:25 am Struggling to see how a franchised player that was traded (all things out of the players control) is chasing money (as if Miami are a competitive team right now and staying would bring him glory) .... Or how any of these moves have adversely affected the ability of the Browns to acquire any of the pending free agents or to have a very good draft. Only time will tell.
Laundry has made it clear for well over a year he wants to get paid ..
Trust me if he wasn’t chasing the money he would have been traded for more then a 3rd RD pick and a future 5th.. Other teams simply don’t want to pay him Evans type money
I never said the Browns can’t have a good or even great draft I said I feel it’s a poor move to trade picks for a possible 1 year rental on a team that’s not a player or two away.. Why wouldn’t Laundry play on the tag and become a FA next year? The only way he signs with the Browns is if they flat out overpay .. Sounds like he’s chasing the money to me.
Why didn’t he just sign long term before the trade was completed? That’s more the norm and that’s why Maimi only received a 3rd and 5th, it’s due to the fact he wants to get paid and the Browns are the only team foolish enough to pay him 14+ million a year .. Now he holds the cards and can drive his price up even higher or leave the Browns holding the bag on a 1 year rental on a team that’s not going anywhere this year .
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:17 am

How are you so fired up over a 4th round pick this year and a 7th next year? Neither pick was likely to net much of value. Landry, even for a year, is something of value. They can still franchise him again if they really want to keep him, so it's not like they have no leverage in future negotiations.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:23 am

Wow, it appears we have found the forum's newly appointed chief expert in fantasy, prognasticator, and dictator of the relevancy and value of all posted opinions. Dude, you need some chill time.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:57 am

Nice flier for a 4th & 7th imo. I hate this as a Coleman owner tho.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:38 am

saw061600 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:23 am Wow, it appears we have found the forum's newly appointed chief expert in fantasy, prognasticator, and dictator of the relevancy and value of all posted opinions. Dude, you need some chill time.
I think he’s Coogan in disguise.
The standard is the standard.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:09 am

henry1jg wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:57 am Nice flier for a 4th & 7th imo. I hate this as a Coleman owner tho.
Same here. I hope they trade Coleman to the Bears or Niners.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:21 am

I doubt Coleman is traded away. The Browns need to know they have Landry for the long term.

Here’s a take on the Landry deal. He’s exactly what they hope Coleman can become. They paid little for Landry in draft picks to bring him in for at least a year. Coleman can learn a lot from him. Then we will see what happens next off season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Landry plays under his tag this year and goes to another team next year. Tagging Landry again after being tagged already could drive up his price too high to keep him. And Landry will probably want to see how he’s used before signing a contract unless he is offered a deal that makes him among the top five paid WR’s in the league. I have my doubts that the Browns do that. But, they have the room to do that if they wanted to.

Worst case scenario for Coleman if he does develop into a solid slot guy is that he moves on at the age of 25 like Landry is.

If I had room at the end of my roster toward the end of this season I’d attempt to get Coleman as a long term stash. And if I owned him and had the room to keep him, I’d try to be patient. Not always easy though.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:48 am

Didnt a report come out that the Browns were shopping Coleman? Regardless, unless someone comes knocking which wont happen, he isnt leaving my roster.

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:35 am

Let's not also forget that the Browns will receive a pick if Landry leaves through FA too. So that should offset the cost some.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:30 am

Landry is delusional as to his own value. He's never going to paid what only he thinks he's worth. He isn't worth what Hopkins, Evans and OBJ are worth. He doesn't have that kind of impact. He's a good wide receiver but he isn't a true difference maker. He'll test FA next season and find that nobody is willing to shell out big money for his services and he'll sign with Cleveland eventually because they'll still have the cap space to make him a reasonable offer. He needs to stop listening to whoever is putting this non sense in his ear that he's worth top 5 receiver money.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:51 am

If Cousins is coming, i could revise my assessment. Finally if in people mindset he lost value, i take the good risk to hold and see if it could click !

I don't trust Taylor as the future starter, it will be a luxury bench QB, they have something else in their plan.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:15 am

Blackout wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:51 am If Cousins is coming, i could revise my assessment. Finally if in people mindset he lost value, i take the good risk to hold and see if it could click !

I don't trust Taylor as the future starter, it will be a luxury bench QB, they have something else in their plan.
Their plan (barring the unlikely senario when they actually land Cousins) is to red-shirt a blue chip rookie. In a perfect world, they’ll look like the 2018 Chiefs in 2019. In a more perfect world, they’ll look like the 2017 Eagles in 2019.
The standard is the standard.