Landry to Browns

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Landry to Browns

Postby ericanadian » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:55 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:55 pm
ericanadian wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:18 pm Landry has the potential to dominate in Haley's offense. This is terrible news for either Gordon or Coleman. Possibly both, depending on the QB.
The #1 WR gets fed in Haleys system. Sell me on why you view Landry as the 1 over Gordon? Because I dont see that at all.
The #1 receiver is the versatile guy, not the deep threat. Gordon doesn't have the route running chops to win out over Landry if Haley's making the call.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:05 pm

ericanadian wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:55 pm
Bot101 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:55 pm
ericanadian wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:18 pm Landry has the potential to dominate in Haley's offense. This is terrible news for either Gordon or Coleman. Possibly both, depending on the QB.
The #1 WR gets fed in Haleys system. Sell me on why you view Landry as the 1 over Gordon? Because I dont see that at all.
The #1 receiver is the versatile guy, not the deep threat. Gordon doesn't have the route running chops to win out over Landry if Haley's making the call.
Yeah not buying it. Tyrod is not a QB that benefits Landry over Gordon. And I refuse to believe for a minute that Landry is nearly as talented as Gordon. The guy who really gets screwed right now is Coleman and maybe even Njoku since Landry and Njoku operate in the middle.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:27 pm

Agree that Njoku takes a hit. Duke Johnson as well.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:45 pm

I think Haley, McDaniels, and Gase are the only coordinators (even though Gase isnt a coordinator) that would use Landry to his strengths. So I don't see his value changing much.

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Jakno7dnls wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:42 pm If you own Landry what are you hoping to dump him for? If you’re looking to buy what are you willing to give?
Worst thing to do is dump a player when the assumption is he’s hit a floor. So I’m hanging on. He’s only 24. And it’s far from guaranteed he’s there more than a year.

This is not redraft boys !
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:19 pm

Browns are playing the Patriots’ game and not giving a f about how many fantasy points their players put up. I think the Browns offense already looks better than last year. Also think they grab Barkley at 1.01 now and prob a QB at 1.04. Not a Browns fan but this year should be at least interesting to watch.

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:43 pm
mzkp54 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:40 pm Looking forward to the argument why this is a good thing. I’m sure it’s coming
Why is it a bad thing?

I suppose you could say it's bad for fantasy, but it's a solid real-life NFL move.

If the draft picks are later, it's a good deal for Landry. They have the cap space.
It’s a bad deal because it’s a 1 year deal at over 16M and then he’s a FA next year .. Do you really believe Laundry puts the Browns over the top this year? Clearly Laundry will go to the highest bidder next year .. He’s not going to sign long term until he sees how his role plays out this year with the Browns and sees if the Browns have a light at the end of the tunnel..
Horrible move by the Browns GM yet again!!
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:13 pm

TheEastWest wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:44 pm
mzkp54 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:40 pm Looking forward to the argument why this is a good thing. I’m sure it’s coming
Why is it a bad thing?

I suppose you could say it's bad for fantasy, but it's a solid real-life NFL move.

If the draft picks are later, it's a good deal for Landry. They have the cap space.
It’s a bad deal because it’s a 1 year deal at over 16M and then he’s a FA next year .. Do you really believe Laundry puts the Browns over the top this year? Clearly Laundry will go to the highest bidder next year .. He’s not going to sign long term until he sees how his role plays out this year with the Browns and sees if the Browns have a light at the end of the tunnel..
I don't agree at all. This was a brilliant move. You probably prefer that they just continue down the same path of free agent retreads? Like Kenny Britt? Coupled with the Tyrod Taylor signing, this is now a significantly improved offense. And that's without a new running back yet. I fully expect a contract to be worked out sooner than later.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:04 pm

skip wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:13 pm
TheEastWest wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Why is it a bad thing?

I don't agree at all. This was a brilliant move. You probably prefer that they just continue down the same path of free agent retreads? Like Kenny Britt? Coupled with the Tyrod Taylor signing, this is now a significantly improved offense. And that's without a new running back yet. I fully expect a contract to be worked out sooner than later.
You have a broad definition of the term Brilliant!
You also couldn’t be farther off base as I wouldn’t be looking to sign retreads I’d be looking to build through the draft ..
Laundry is chasing the money!! He’s more then likely not going to sign with the Browns this offseason unless they are willing to overpay for a slot WR ..
My guess is the Browns wasted picks on a 1 year rental .. Its not like the Browns are a slot WR away from making the playoffs this year ..
I said months ago draft Barkley at #1 then grab Allen, Darnold or Rosen at #4 and don’t be short sided paying top dollar for a one year rental at max money to boot .. It would be a different story had it been a sign and trade and Laundry was locked up for 3-4 years ..
If they were really smart they would look to trade down with those early 2nds they have on Day 2 and collect some more prime picks in 2019 ..
Rome wasn’t built in a day my friend
Standard 10 man
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:34 pm

TheEastWest wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:04 pm Laundry is chasing the money!! He’s more then likely not going to sign with the Browns this offseason unless they are willing to overpay for a slot WR .. My guess is the Browns wasted picks on a 1 year rental.

If they were really smart they would look to trade down with those early 2nds they have on Day 2 and collect some more prime picks in 2019 ..
Cleveland has spent the last couple years continually moving back and acquiring picks. At some point you have to start using those picks on players. Rookies present a lot of risk. Landry is a proven, young, very talented WR and much lower risk.

You're right about the money. And he SHOULD be going after the money. And Cleveland has the money to spend. It would be a surprise if he isn't signed long term before the end of this month.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:05 am

I thought he was joking at first. Does this guy really not understand that Landry is going to sign a long term deal with the Browns?

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:26 am

Who’s got all the leverage now The Browns or Laundry? Browns would have had a sign and trade if it was a slam dunk that he stays in Cleveland ... And it’s not a brilliant move to make a slot receiver one of the highest paid at his position and cough up picks to do so. Next you’ll tell me more about the pipe dream of Cousins signing with the Browns..
I clearly stated trade down in the 2nd RD as teams tend to overpay to the first pick in RD 2 . I never said trade out of the 2nd RD but trade down and pick up some more picks for 2019 .. When you go 1-31 your not a slot receiver and 1 draft away..
Let’s see what you have to say when Laundry is a FA this time next year ..
Try asking yourself why Cleveland got him for a 3rd and 5th RD pick? It’s because nobody would pay that kind of money for a slot receiver who now has all the leverage.. Now Browns will need to overpay or have a 1 year rental on a team that’s going nowhere this year ... Miami got the only team in the NFL dumb enough to trade without signing him long term before the trade was completed ..
Standard 10 man
TE- Ertz - Reed-

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:32 am

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Jarvis Landry might still play under the terms of the franchise tag with the Browns.
The two sides did not work out a long-term deal before the trade went down, and RapSheet reports Landry could play out the one-year tender to get a feel for how he fits in Cleveland before signing a long-term deal. It also makes sense for Landry to wait if the Browns are not willing to guarantee him the value of the tag this year ($15.98 million) and a large chunk of what it would cost to tag him next season ($19.18 million). Cleveland almost certainly made this trade with the intent to sign Landry to an extension, but it does not sound like that is a given.

If it was a slam-dunk Laundry signs long term why didn’t Browns sign him before the trade?
Standard 10 man
TE- Ertz - Reed-

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:43 am

If the Browns were going to break the bank for a WR they would have been better off paying up for Robinson and it wouldn’t have cost them picks to due so..
I’d take Robinson over a slot receiver who can’t break 10 yards a catch on average !
Browns are screwed , more then likely it’s a one year rental and if not they are making a slot WR one of the highest paid wideouts in the league ...
Only the Browns!!
Standard 10 man
TE- Ertz - Reed-

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:48 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:05 am I thought he was joking at first. Does this guy really not understand that Landry is going to sign a long term deal with the Browns?
I bet your one of those guys who thought Cousins was gonna chase the money and sign with the Browns just because the Browns had the most cap room when common sense pointed to Cousins wanting to play for a winner and wasn’t going to the highest bidder ..
Check the Board, I believe I called Cousins to Vikings long before the media sniffed it out ..
Standard 10 man
TE- Ertz - Reed-