Landry to Browns

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Landry to Browns

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:25 am

How Browns’ trade for Tyrod Taylor will affect Giants at draft- http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.3866260

How Cleveland Browns trades for Tyrod Taylor, Jarvis Landry might affect Colts' draft- https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/n ... 412481002/
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:45 am

What I don't quite get is that the Dolphins were probably in line to receive a compensatory 3rd round pick when Landry signed with another team in free agency. Why tag him and then trade him?
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:51 am

kris_kapsner wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:45 am What I don't quite get is that the Dolphins were probably in line to receive a compensatory 3rd round pick when Landry signed with another team in free agency. Why tag him and then trade him?
As I said before, because the Dolphins are stupid. They probably thought they could get more but then realized nobody wants to pay a kings ransom for a player that does the same thing as a 4th round pass catching RB.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:39 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:30 am
TheEastWest wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:48 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:05 am I thought he was joking at first. Does this guy really not understand that Landry is going to sign a long term deal with the Browns?
I bet your one of those guys who thought Cousins was gonna chase the money and sign with the Browns just because the Browns had the most cap room when common sense pointed to Cousins wanting to play for a winner and wasn’t going to the highest bidder ..
Check the Board, I believe I called Cousins to Vikings long before the media sniffed it out ..
That has absolutely no relevancy to anything we're discussing. But no, I didn't think that at all.
Off topic but no way cousins goes to Minnesota cuz he has no balls and doesn't wana play anywhere where theres expectations of winning. He would be perfect for jets.

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:49 am

Defender wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:15 am
Blackout wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:51 am If Cousins is coming, i could revise my assessment. Finally if in people mindset he lost value, i take the good risk to hold and see if it could click !

I don't trust Taylor as the future starter, it will be a luxury bench QB, they have something else in their plan.
Their plan (barring the unlikely senario when they actually land Cousins) is to red-shirt a blue chip rookie. In a perfect world, they’ll look like the 2018 Chiefs in 2019. In a more perfect world, they’ll look like the 2017 Eagles in 2019.
In the browns world, they will look like the 2017 Bears in 2018.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:02 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:51 am
kris_kapsner wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:45 am What I don't quite get is that the Dolphins were probably in line to receive a compensatory 3rd round pick when Landry signed with another team in free agency. Why tag him and then trade him?
As I said before, because the Dolphins are stupid. They probably thought they could get more but then realized nobody wants to pay a kings ransom for a player that does the same thing as a 4th round pass catching RB.

Hmmm? Not quite sure this is accurate. I can't think of too many 4th round running backs that put up the reception #'s, first downs, and TD's that Landry has. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough...

I think it is criminal how some on these forums minimize what Landry is good at. Frankly, it pisses me off a little that people get caught up in YPT, YPR, and the deep ball so much. Its part of the game but, those statistics just ignore so much of what leads to moving the ball for an offense. So many on this site blame Landry for his YPR being as low as it was. Mindlessly looking at statistics is a mistake.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:09 am

JFever wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:02 am

Hmmm? Not quite sure this is accurate. I can't think of too many 4th round running backs that put up the reception #'s, first downs, and TD's that Landry has. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough...

I think it is criminal how some on these forums minimize what Landry is good at. Frankly, it pisses me off a little that people get caught up in YPT, YPR, and the deep ball so much. Its part of the game but, those statistics just ignore so much of what leads to moving the ball for an offense. So many on this site blame Landry for his YPR being as low as it was. Mindlessly looking at statistics is a mistake.
Yes, if you're only looking at counting stats, then you are not looking hard enough
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:12 am

JFever wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:02 am

I mean I was exaggerating some but you give Duke Johnson, Cohen, CMC the same volume they'll do the same thing as Landry. Everyone knows what Landry is, he's a very good possession receiver. That's not minimizing what he is, it's just calling a spade a spade. The problem is people continually conflate fantasy production with talent. Jarvis Landry, Melvin Gordon, etc are all prime examples of this.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:18 am

I think that opinion is oversimplified is all.

I don't think Gordon and Landry are ONLY volume dependent. Much of it is understandable if you look at other contributing factors. ie; the talent around them, the system they are / were in, etc.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:19 am

Also, I don't think that CMC, Cohen, etc have the hands or the toughness that Landry has at the point of attacking the ball.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:49 am

Deandre Hopkins catches about 55% of his balls (and that is basically true for each season of his career so far). The only reason he gets the yards and TDs is cuz he gets 170 - 180 balls thrown his way each season. Landry catches closer to 70% of his balls. DeAndre does have a 14 ypc average, where Landry only does 8 ypc. But Landry did find the endzone 9 times in 2017 compared to 13 times for Nuk.

I guess what I'm saying, if Landry had gotten 170-180 targets, he'd have about the same amount of total yards and probably as many TDs as Nuk. They just go about how they get them differently. Nuk in longer chunks, Landry in shorter chunks.

That's what makes Antonio Brown so remarkable. He gets a ton of targets, but also has a high catch rate and a very good ypc rate. So he is the best of Nuk and Landry, in one package.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:34 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:49 am Deandre Hopkins catches about 55% of his balls (and that is basically true for each season of his career so far). The only reason he gets the yards and TDs is cuz he gets 170 - 180 balls thrown his way each season. Landry catches closer to 70% of his balls. DeAndre does have a 14 ypc average, where Landry only does 8 ypc. But Landry did find the endzone 9 times in 2017 compared to 13 times for Nuk.

I guess what I'm saying, if Landry had gotten 170-180 targets, he'd have about the same amount of total yards and probably as many TDs as Nuk. They just go about how they get them differently. Nuk in longer chunks, Landry in shorter chunks.

That's what makes Antonio Brown so remarkable. He gets a ton of targets, but also has a high catch rate and a very good ypc rate. So he is the best of Nuk and Landry, in one package.
You can't compare Landry to Hopkins. You just can't. It's more reasonable to compare him to his cohorts doing their work near the line of scrimmage. In that context, I'd argue if you fed guys like Golden Tate, Randall Cobb, Jordan Matthews, Willie Snead, Albert Wilson & Jamison Crowder as many targets as Jarvis Landry that they would have similar numbers to him.
Last edited by btv802 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:38 am

saw061600 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:31 pm That's a lot for a WR 3. I mean, Coleman WR1, Gordon WR2 and all (literally LOL as I type)
Only nominally. Coleman is the big loser here; it is likely he finishes a distant third to Landry and Gordon in receptions this year, assuming they all play 16 games.
btv802 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:34 am I'd argue if you fed guys like Golden Tate, Randall Cobb, Jordan Matthews, Willie Snead, Albert Wilson & Jamison Crowder as many targets as Jarvis Landry that they would have similar numbers to him.
I think Tate could maybe equal the reception totals, but his red-zone ability is inferior to Landry's. Cobb doesn't have the route craft. Jordan Matthews doesn't have the reliable hands or the route craft. I fear Snead's '15 and '16 success was all owed to Drew Brees being Drew Brees. Albert Wilson is a very average talent and I find it bizarre that you even mention him in this list. I'm a Crowder fan, but his catch-radius is tiny even for a low depth of target guy, so it would require an unusually accurate QB.

Landry is very similar to Hines Ward, and of all these names, Landry is the only one that has a realistic chance of equaling or exceeding Ward's career.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:39 am

btv802 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:34 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:49 am Deandre Hopkins catches about 55% of his balls (and that is basically true for each season of his career so far). The only reason he gets the yards and TDs is cuz he gets 170 - 180 balls thrown his way each season. Landry catches closer to 70% of his balls. DeAndre does have a 14 ypc average, where Landry only does 8 ypc. But Landry did find the endzone 9 times in 2017 compared to 13 times for Nuk.

You can't compare Landry to Hopkins. You just can't. It's more reasonable to compare him to his cohorts doing their work near the line of scrimmage. In that context, I'd argue if you fed guys like Golden Tate, Randall Cobb, Jordan Matthews, Willie Snead, Albert Wilson & Jamison Crowder as many targets as Jarvis Landry that they would have similar numbers to him.
I object. Speculation. I'm not convinced that Tate, Cobb, Matthews, Snead, or Crowder are near as tough as Landry. Sustained.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:39 am

he went from a trash situation to a different trash situation that seems much more likely to improve
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp