Landry to Browns

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Re: Landry to Browns

Postby hjernazian » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:45 am

Call me crazy, but I like it. It’s not ideal, but Landry isn’t a true big bodied WR1. He does most of his work up the middle and in under routes. He compliments Gordon very very well, more so a bump in real life than fantasy. I think his 112 catches last year were unsustainable, but it’s alright because I project he catches more TDs on the Browns and without Jay Cutler. I am more worried about the development and role of Njoku, as Landry and what seems like a resigning of D Johnson will drastically cut into Njokus targets. Also - if the browns do draft a QB and allow him to hit the field soon, Landry and Njoku are primed for a big load as Gordon will be the deep threat— and as we know a young QBs favorite weapon is the under routes by slot WRs and TE dump offs.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:08 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:13 pm I'm not confident in saying that if you switched the two (Landry and Hopkins) that they'd be interchangeable and produce similarly with the same targets. It could be close, but, who knows.....

But.... I do think it is close enough to compare. I see Landry as a special talent. When you watch him play, it seems clear. OR, at least when I've watched him play, he stands out. I'm a big fan of Landry. I see him as a tough football player. I love the grit that he plays with. I don't minimize his relevance based off of a few statistics like yards per reception or even overall yards on the season because I understand / or think I understand, that the situation he was coming from wasn't normal. I think the Qb's that have been throwing the ball in Miami (Tannehill, Cutler) and the running game, as well as other wide receivers (injured or otherwise) all have to be taken into consideration. Even the scores of the games and variables like these have to be included in order to truly make sense of the stats that get brought up (YPR, total Yards, Yards per target, etc.). Over using those numbers while ignoring how the kid plays is a mistake. I don't think that guys like Tate, Snead, Matthews are near as tough. I don't think they play as hard, run as hard, and have the same mind set. I've seen them all play, and, I don't have them in the same category as Landry. If I'm a head coach or an offensive coordinator, I want Landry on my team. I don't want to pay my slot guy what my #1 outside guy will demand, but, I think we have been in a trend lately and since W.Welker, G.Jennings, V.Cruz, etc, the slot guys are much more impact-full to a good, well rounded, take advantage of mismatches - offense.
no offense, but this is truly atrocious analysis. Actually, I can't even call this analysis, it's just gibberish.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:11 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:47 pm From a standpoint of fantasy football, we can surely compare the two. And if Landry was given the targets Nuk gets, they'd score similar points across the season.

At the end of the day, it's fantasy points that matter. And Nuk achieves those points less efficiently than Landry. And that gap will only increase as Landry joins what could be a very good offense, which Miami wasnt.
Sorry, but this is completely false. How does Hopkins accrue fantasy points less efficiently when he averages 1.79 fantasy points per target and Landry averages 1.63?
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,

Devy superflex
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:22 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:47 pm From a standpoint of fantasy football, we can surely compare the two. And if Landry was given the targets Nuk gets, they'd score similar points across the season.

At the end of the day, it's fantasy points that matter. And Nuk achieves those points less efficiently than Landry. And that gap will only increase as Landry joins what could be a very good offense, which Miami wasnt.
Wow. I have zero interest in acquiring Landry given how overvalued he is.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:41 am

bsp27 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:08 pm
JFever wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:13 pm I'm not confident in saying that if you switched the two (Landry and Hopkins) that they'd be interchangeable and produce similarly with the same targets. It could be close, but, who knows.....

But.... I do think it is close enough to compare. I see Landry as a special talent. When you watch him play, it seems clear. OR, at least when I've watched him play, he stands out. I'm a big fan of Landry. I see him as a tough football player. I love the grit that he plays with. I don't minimize his relevance based off of a few statistics like yards per reception or even overall yards on the season because I understand / or think I understand, that the situation he was coming from wasn't normal. I think the Qb's that have been throwing the ball in Miami (Tannehill, Cutler) and the running game, as well as other wide receivers (injured or otherwise) all have to be taken into consideration. Even the scores of the games and variables like these have to be included in order to truly make sense of the stats that get brought up (YPR, total Yards, Yards per target, etc.). Over using those numbers while ignoring how the kid plays is a mistake. I don't think that guys like Tate, Snead, Matthews are near as tough. I don't think they play as hard, run as hard, and have the same mind set. I've seen them all play, and, I don't have them in the same category as Landry. If I'm a head coach or an offensive coordinator, I want Landry on my team. I don't want to pay my slot guy what my #1 outside guy will demand, but, I think we have been in a trend lately and since W.Welker, G.Jennings, V.Cruz, etc, the slot guys are much more impact-full to a good, well rounded, take advantage of mismatches - offense.
no offense, but this is truly atrocious analysis. Actually, I can't even call this analysis, it's just gibberish.
You know what is funny? Typically, when someone says "no offense" - they quite literally mean offense by what they are about to say. So.... thanks bud! Your a peach! Your response, your quote, and the fact that you brought less than nothing of context to the discussion says more than enough. Thanks for taken the time to throw your 2 bits into the circle. Although, I'm not sure what your point was other than to be a dick. As if you have any merit to call another opinion on any given player out. Where do ya get off I'm wondering? :crazy: What a douche baggy comment by the way.... If that is what you were after, ya nailed it! :clap:

Try watching an NFL game from time to time rather than spending time looking at box scores and meaningless statistics designed to allow the user to formulate and back up their own agenda or bias. :crazy:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:09 pm

JFever wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:41 am
bsp27 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:08 pm

You know what is funny? Typically, when someone says "no offense" - they quite literally mean offense by what they are about to say. So.... thanks bud! Your a peach! Your response, your quote, and the fact that you brought less than nothing of context to the discussion says more than enough. Thanks for taken the time to throw your 2 bits into the circle. Although, I'm not sure what your point was other than to be a dick. As if you have any merit to call another opinion on any given player out. Where do ya get off I'm wondering? :crazy: What a douche baggy comment by the way.... If that is what you were after, ya nailed it! :clap:

Try watching an NFL game from time to time rather than spending time looking at box scores and meaningless statistics designed to allow the user to formulate and back up their own agenda or bias. :crazy:
I contributed just as much to the discussion as you did, maybe more.

Devy superflex

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:46 pm

saw061600 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:47 am
ninotoreS wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:38 am
saw061600 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:31 pm That's a lot for a WR 3. I mean, Coleman WR1, Gordon WR2 and all (literally LOL as I type)
Only nominally. Coleman is the big loser here; it is likely he finishes a distant third to Landry and Gordon in receptions this year, assuming they all play 16 games.
Ha, my sarcasm didn't transfer well to this post.
Nah, looking back I think it was plain enough, I was just thickheaded, apparently. ;)
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:05 pm

Browns signed Jarvis Landry to a five-year, $75.5 million extension through 2023.

ESPN's Josina Anderson was the first to report the impending deal. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the contract includes $47 million guaranteed, and Landry is now the fifth-highest paid receiver in the league based on average salary. It is a shocking price to pay for a volume-based player who never elevated Miami's passing attack past mediocre, but Landry at worst can be a reliable safety blanket for whichever quarterback Cleveland selects with the No. 1 overall pick.

I expected it by the end of March... Took an extra 12 days but a deal was obviously coming at some point.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Here's to hoping and praying that financial value to him results in Browns still using him as much as Miami did for his ppr number to stay up there

#3, #10, #4 WR in ppr last 3 years
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol