How did the combine move your personal rankings/tiers?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How did the combine move your personal rankings/tiers?

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:41 pm

Chubb moved up above Jones II for me. Michel slid a hair to be back with what's now Chubb rather than up closer to Guice. Sutton put himself somewhere in the middle Michel/Chubb/Jones RB tier, rather than behind it

What all observations did you guys make in regards to personal rankings and orders? I've focused more at the start as I have the 1.6 and fully intend on trading my 1.12 away in my team 2. Am curious how the late 1st/2nd round moves were

Did anyone's QB rankings shift?
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: How did the combine move your personal rankings/tiers?

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:02 pm

I had the same changes as you. Ballage snuck into the end of the first for me. John Kelly slid to the middle of the second from the back of the first for me
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Auden Tate tanked in my rankings along with Walton. Ridley went down a little. Chark went way up and Chubb went up to the Guice tier 2.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:44 pm

Still feeling it out but here are some impressions --
Walton and Tate tanked. They didn't meet expectations. (Agree with Bot101)
Freeman and Sutton moved up significantly relative to where I had them prior. They answered real questions/personal doubts...
Penny and Moore perked up.
Ridley and Washington nudged down.

Ronald Jones treading water/incomplete.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:47 pm

DynoScout wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:44 pm Still feeling it out but here are some impressions --
Walton and Tate tanked. They didn't meet expectations. (Agree with Bot101)
Freeman and Sutton moved up significantly relative to where I had them prior. They answered real questions/personal doubts...
Penny and Moore perked up.
Ridley and Washington nudged down.

Ronald Jones treading water/incomplete.
Ugh Washington broke my heart. I was sooo hyped on him. And yeah Freeman moved up my board.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:24 pm

Freeman lands in a good spot before the 4th round and his stock should rise even more

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:51 pm

Riser:
Bo Scarborough RB17–>RB14 (jumped from RB tier5 to tier4)
[mostly speed/weight combo]

Faller:
Kerryon Johnson RB5–>RB8 (still RB tier3)
[mostly light weight]

Every RB in my rankings, aside from the two listed above, are in exact same place now as they were right before the Combine. But most players are interchangeable within their tiers. I need to see pro days and landing spots to finalize.

Have not looked at the WR combine results yet.
The standard is the standard.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:51 pm

I'm heated because the combine moved up the players I was already high on. One guy that I had no interest in before that I'm definitely going to take a look at now is Josh Allen. As silly as it sounds, he indeed just LOOKS the part and now I understand where the 1st overall buzz comes from. I look forward to watching his college tape and seeing which side is right, if he's inaccurate as hell or if the team around him crumbled. I am assuming it's going to be a bit of both, but we'll see.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:47 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:51 pm I'm heated because the combine moved up the players I was already high on. One guy that I had no interest in before that I'm definitely going to take a look at now is Josh Allen. As silly as it sounds, he indeed just LOOKS the part and now I understand where the 1st overall buzz comes from. I look forward to watching his college tape and seeing which side is right, if he's inaccurate as hell or if the team around him crumbled. I am assuming it's going to be a bit of both, but we'll see.
I understand your frustration. We just have to hope the risers land in bad situations.
The standard is the standard.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:56 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:51 pm I'm heated because the combine moved up the players I was already high on. One guy that I had no interest in before that I'm definitely going to take a look at now is Josh Allen. As silly as it sounds, he indeed just LOOKS the part and now I understand where the 1st overall buzz comes from. I look forward to watching his college tape and seeing which side is right, if he's inaccurate as hell or if the team around him crumbled. I am assuming it's going to be a bit of both, but we'll see.
To me, Allen's issue isn't his accuracy, it's his decision-making, especially when under pressure (which was often). He has a howitzer for an arm and his accuracy is good when he actually sets his feet, but he needs to learn to calm down in the pocket and make his reads.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:59 am

As for the OP, I tend to be one of the guys that poo-poos the combine and try to mostly ignore it. My rankings may shift a spot or two at the margins, but it will remain largely unchanged. I trust my evals pre-combine and try to only let it break ties and reorder within tiers. That served me very very well last year, as Cook was my guy before the combine, and after the combine I was able to get him later. Ditto for Hunt, who I landed in multiple leagues.

robbie80robbie
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby robbie80robbie » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:31 am

It went both ways for me. I had a couple guys who i valued higher than most before the combine, improve there stock, and a couple guys who I wanted to grab in later rounds that i felt weren't as talented as they were being portrayed who didn't do as well. So I guess its a give and take. The two DJ's moved the needle the most for me.
I have too many teams to list...

"i never worry about what people think..they don't do it often.."

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:05 pm

The only thing it did for me this time was make Guice a clear #2, and clearly a whole tier, below Barkley.

I had them a little closer before Barkley broke the combine.

I was bored with the WRs before and still am after the combine.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:07 pm

:thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:09 pm

robbie80robbie wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:31 am It went both ways for me. I had a couple guys who i valued higher than most before the combine, improve there stock, and a couple guys who I wanted to grab in later rounds that i felt weren't as talented as they were being portrayed who didn't do as well. So I guess its a give and take. The two DJ's moved the needle the most for me.
If you draft one of the D.J.s and they end up being fantasy gold for you you'll be able to sing "Last season a DJ saved my (fantasy) life". :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtfZbj4J71A
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..