General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: POST COMBINE Rookie top 12 PPR

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:16 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:05 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:52 pm
Blackout wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:18 pm I was going on Youtube highlights views tonite to maybe change some rankings. Until now i've more seen rankings, comparisons with articles on strengths and weaknesses, combine, metrics...to do so. But highlights it's no more that a positive side of the player about what he can do and not what he's not able to. It's not enough to avoid bad surprises.

Do you guys watch entire college games tapes to see the underthrows/overthrows made by QBs, fumbles of RBs, wrong routes and drops of WRs etc...and have a complete review ? Even if a guy good on tape could translate not so well in NFL of course.

Those who watch NCAA have an edge. I don't and if i have to watch a hundred games for all the prospects on my list... :boohoo:

It's like a "Who's got the best highlights" vs "Who's got the less weaknesses" in the way of scouting.
I've always felt that not watching college prospects during the season and only watching their game film after the season is over is the best way to evaluate. That way you skip all of the hype/stats and only watch what is on tape.
One thing I have been doing lately is watching prospects with similar comps against a prospect I am evaluating. So for instance, people comp Michel to Kamara. I'll watch film of Michel, then Kamara. 1 game each at a time. College tape only. Or find a RB like Chubb, and watch Carlos Hyde's college tape against it. Similar size/weight. We know what Hyde could do at the NFL level, so how does Chubb look vs Hyde's college tape?
I know several people who like to do this. Never done it myself but I may have to start. This year I am going zero film though, pray for me :)

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:19 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:05 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:52 pm
Blackout wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:18 pm I was going on Youtube highlights views tonite to maybe change some rankings. Until now i've more seen rankings, comparisons with articles on strengths and weaknesses, combine, metrics...to do so. But highlights it's no more that a positive side of the player about what he can do and not what he's not able to. It's not enough to avoid bad surprises.

Do you guys watch entire college games tapes to see the underthrows/overthrows made by QBs, fumbles of RBs, wrong routes and drops of WRs etc...and have a complete review ? Even if a guy good on tape could translate not so well in NFL of course.

Those who watch NCAA have an edge. I don't and if i have to watch a hundred games for all the prospects on my list... :boohoo:

It's like a "Who's got the best highlights" vs "Who's got the less weaknesses" in the way of scouting.
I've always felt that not watching college prospects during the season and only watching their game film after the season is over is the best way to evaluate. That way you skip all of the hype/stats and only watch what is on tape.
One thing I have been doing lately is watching prospects with similar comps against a prospect I am evaluating. So for instance, people comp Michel to Kamara. I'll watch film of Michel, then Kamara. 1 game each at a time. College tape only. Or find a RB like Chubb, and watch Carlos Hyde's college tape against it. Similar size/weight. We know what Hyde could do at the NFL level, so how does Chubb look vs Hyde's college tape?
I think this how i'll do :thumbup:

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:58 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:05 pm One thing I have been doing lately is watching prospects with similar comps against a prospect I am evaluating. So for instance, people comp Michel to Kamara. I'll watch film of Michel, then Kamara. 1 game each at a time. College tape only. Or find a RB like Chubb, and watch Carlos Hyde's college tape against it. Similar size/weight. We know what Hyde could do at the NFL level, so how does Chubb look vs Hyde's college tape?
This is brilliant. Not something I've ever thought of doing, but love the idea.

:thumbup:

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:00 pm

Yea that is a very solid idea. Thank you good sir

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:11 pm

Wow, wasn't expecting all that positive feedback, but glad to help. :thumbup:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:13 pm

I actually hate highlight tapes, they only ever show big runs to the house untouched. To me that shows nothing but speed for most of them, which they won't have over NFL players. I prefer watching a few games with every touch plays so I can see what they do without a giant hole to run through. I might try that comparison game watching like memtioned above, sounds interesting.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:40 pm

[/quote]

Kalen Ballage ahead of Guice????????????????????????????

pls explain
[/quote]

Ballage and Guice are two peas in a pod; both big, strong runners with good game speed. I had them similarly ranked but gave the edge to Ballage due to his explosion through the hole and open field cutting abilities.
[/quote]

They could not be any more different as far as prospects go, both big yes but thats about where the comparisons end. Ballage is a large runner that goes down on first contact,creates no yards has bad balance and runs soft. His best asset is he is a great pass catcher out of the backfield,unfortunately he is just as bad in pass protection so that probably limits him early on in the NFL as a 3rd down Rb.

Guice runs angry,violent,creates more yards on his own than any rb in this draft, has amazing balance,nimble feet and a very good jump cut. His pass catching is very underrated and he too like most young rbs isn't the best in pass pro but due to his love of contact its something im sure he will get better at.

I feel like Guice is fairly underrated around here, i keep seeing him as the rb3-4-5 on peoples lists. IMO he is a better natural RB than Barkley. His vision,balance and ability to create his own yards and run between the tackles is superior.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:19 pm

AussieMate wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:13 pm I actually hate highlight tapes, they only ever show big runs to the house untouched. To me that shows nothing but speed for most of them, which they won't have over NFL players. I prefer watching a few games with every touch plays so I can see what they do without a giant hole to run through. I might try that comparison game watching like memtioned above, sounds interesting.
I like seeing how well RBs shed arm tackles, and how well they maintain speed through broken tackles. If their highlight tapes are mostly them running untouched then that means when defenders were getting their arms on them they weren't able to break those runs into long runs.

That's one of the reasons I am so much lower on Barkley than everyone else. At his size/speed combo he should have a lot more runs where he breaks tackles and takes it to the house, but most of his long runs are plays where he wasn't touched and just accelerates to the sideline. It sounds crazy but if you overlook the size difference visually his highlight tape looks strikingly similar to Reggie Bush's.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:50 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:19 pm
AussieMate wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:13 pm I actually hate highlight tapes, they only ever show big runs to the house untouched. To me that shows nothing but speed for most of them, which they won't have over NFL players. I prefer watching a few games with every touch plays so I can see what they do without a giant hole to run through. I might try that comparison game watching like memtioned above, sounds interesting.
I like seeing how well RBs shed arm tackles, and how well they maintain speed through broken tackles. If their highlight tapes are mostly them running untouched then that means when defenders were getting their arms on them they weren't able to break those runs into long runs.

That's one of the reasons I am so much lower on Barkley than everyone else. At his size/speed combo he should have a lot more runs where he breaks tackles and takes it to the house, but most of his long runs are plays where he wasn't touched and just accelerates to the sideline. It sounds crazy but if you overlook the size difference visually his highlight tape looks strikingly similar to Reggie Bush's.
Is it because he wasn’t be touched or couldn’t be touched? Barry Sanders didn’t run through a lot of arm tackles either ... just sayin’

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:50 pm

Is it because he wasn’t be touched or couldn’t be touched? Barry Sanders didn’t run through a lot of arm tackles either ... just sayin’
Yeah, I think Saquon is one of, if not the safest RB prospect I have seen. I think his floor, barring injury is as high as most RB's ceiling. I can't see him not rushing for 1000 yards if he plays 16 games.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Yeah, I think Saquon is one of, if not the safest RB prospect I have seen. I think his floor, barring injury is as high as most RB's ceiling. I can't see him not rushing for 1000 yards if he plays 16 games.
A rb only needs to run for 62 yards a game to top 1000 in a full 16 game schedule, even if he only gets 15 carries a game and average just 4ypc thats 1000 yards rushing. Those would be pretty dissappointing RB2 numbers for somebody already being ranked as a top 10 dynasty player. Barkley is a great prospect but to live up to the prices and hype he really needs to be more in the 1300 yards rushing,500 yards receiving and 12 total td's.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:02 pm

KingsKing wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:59 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:41 pm

A rb only needs to run for 62 yards a game to top 1000 in a full 16 game schedule, even if he only gets 15 carries a game and average just 4ypc thats 1000 yards rushing. Those would be pretty dissappointing RB2 numbers for somebody already being ranked as a top 10 dynasty player. Barkley is a great prospect but to live up to the prices and hype he really needs to be more in the 1300 yards rushing,500 yards receiving and 12 total td's.
I understand this, and that's why I think it's his floor. That's why he's safe. That's worst case scenario. If he doesn't destroy the NFL as a rookie, I hope some owner panic, as his price is indeed extremely high in Dynasty.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:06 pm

Too high for me, I like Barkley and i think his appeal in a PPR league is boosted a little because he has good hands but given the price ill try and land Guice who i think is a better natural Rb and has decent hands himself. Chubb or Sony are also nice fall back options depending on landing spot and asking price.

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:07 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:46 pm
bucsrule wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:00 pm
cp3 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:45 pm So Ridley is an old prospect and a bad athlete? Didn’t help himself at all this weekend You guys can have him.
I completely agree. He is off my board. Awful showing. He's reminding me of other former star Alabama football players who just didn't bring it at the next level.

1) saquon
2) guice
3) Chubb
4) penny
5) Michel
6) Sutton
7) Ronald jones
8) dj Moore
9) Washington
10) Equanimeous St. Brown
11) Kerryon Johnson
12) freeman
But since when do you need to be a great athlete to be a good NFL WR?

Ridley is a tremendous route runner and creates separation with ease. He's probably not going to be a Top 5-10 WR, but he seems like he'll have a high floor.
I don't disagree with your college assessment. You look at tape and yeah, he's lookin' good. My big problem is that at the combine it's like he wasn't there. The most important day of your football life to this point and you are, in essence, a no show in effort. Just looked like a lack of desire to me.

To be transparent, I did update that list and move Ridley back to 1.12. If he's there at that point I guess you have to pull the trigger, but he showed me enough at the combine to not reach rarified air on my list.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:44 pm

Rojo is way down my board after his pro day. Could be Cook 2.0 type thing, but I'll pass.

4.26 short shuttle

7.14 3 cone

9 ft 6 broad jump

no vertical tested

You can have him