POST COMBINE Rookie top 12 PPR

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Re: POST COMBINE Rookie top 12 PPR

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:51 pm

spotxc wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:08 pm Guice has better vision, tackle breaking and running instincts I would guess
And what does any of that have to do with what running backs do?

:doh:

Oh wait,

:lol:

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:36 am

One RB that is all over these top 12 is Penny.

Some has him at 2 som at 12.

I got him personally at the bottom of tier 2.

Why is people high on him ? Besides a million yd this Season?
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:50 am

spotxc wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:45 pm I’m sure you did. All of a sudden out of the woodworks, everybody did lol
Wow someone's jaded, people are always harping on about random players so there is plenty of people who might have loved Moore before the combine. Just look at ballage, randomly high on some people's people's list, it happens.

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:41 pm

Vcize wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:22 pm
bsp27 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:06 pm
Blackout wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:07 pm Ridley hate is a riddle haha. Looks like he will be forgotten and will slide to the end of 1st round as Keenan in the past. #1 WR of the Reggie Wayne list and i'm sure he knows what he's talking about :) No in fact Sutton #5 i don't get it haha. No DJ Moore.
The problem with Ridley is he didn't dominate despite being an older player with much more experience. He posted average production, with below average breakout age and 7th percentile SPARQ athleticism. There are very few successful nfl players with resumes as poor as Ridley's.

And Keenan Allen was much much much more productive in college and at an earlier age.
Allen's 3 season college stats are almost identical to Ridley's, if not a little worse.

Allen: 205-2570-17
Ridley: 224-2781-19

Additionally WR stats are generally quite a bit lower in the SEC than in other conferences. Ridley's college production is right on par with Julio Jones, AJ Green, and OBJ.

Further, given that his best season was his freshman season (the only year he played without Hurts at QB), it would seem there is some merit to the idea that having a young running QB was not ideal for his production.

There are certainly reasons to doubt Ridley. The production angle is silly though. Of the current top 10 dynasty WRs, Ridley bested 7 of them in college receptions and 6 of them in receiving yards and TDs.
That is one hell of an argument.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:16 am

Friend of mine, who traded up to get Kamara ahead of Hunt, Foreman and, Perine in the draft last year and has a good hit % on his picks. He also grabbed Jordan Howard early in the 2nd the year before when every ranking said that was too early.

Well he mentioned that Royce Freeman is his 1.4 when talking about a different league he's in.

Anyone else see it? I've not even heard him mentioned really in the 1st round of rookie picks

Anyone else I would have just chuckled, but this guy has a reputation for finding those rookie RBs. Also a reputation to vastly overpay for "his" guy so his teams aren't quite championship level lol
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:47 am

I like Royce, but I didnt see him as 1.04 unless he got drafted into a premium spot within the first 3 rounds. Preferably top 2 rounds. However, he has shown he is capable of a 1.04 selection in my eyes. Guy has been a stud and performed well athletically for his size. If not for this years deep rb class, he would be the eye catcher in most others

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:47 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:16 am Friend of mine, who traded up to get Kamara ahead of Hunt, Foreman and, Perine in the draft last year and has a good hit % on his picks. He also grabbed Jordan Howard early in the 2nd the year before when every ranking said that was too early.

Well he mentioned that Royce Freeman is his 1.4 when talking about a different league he's in.

Anyone else see it? I've not even heard him mentioned really in the 1st round of rookie picks

Anyone else I would have just chuckled, but this guy has a reputation for finding those rookie RBs. Also a reputation to vastly overpay for "his" guy so his teams aren't quite championship level lol
Freeman has been a top 4 RB of mine for a few months. I like him more than Guice and Chubb but know he should go later in the draft.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:54 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:16 am Friend of mine, who traded up to get Kamara ahead of Hunt, Foreman and, Perine in the draft last year and has a good hit % on his picks. He also grabbed Jordan Howard early in the 2nd the year before when every ranking said that was too early.

The only scenario I put Freeman that high is if the NFL drafts him high, and he lands on the right team. If he goes late than that speaks volumes on how much opportunity he will likely get. Theres always exceptions to every rule though.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:06 pm

I think Freeman will depend on who drafts him like another person stated. Landing on the 49ers will obviously inflate value like every other shannahan rb
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:06 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:54 am

The only scenario I put Freeman that high is if the NFL drafts him high, and he lands on the right team. If he goes late than that speaks volumes on how much opportunity he will likely get. Theres always exceptions to every rule though.
I don't know about 1.04, but I do put him at the 5/6 spots between himself and RoJo. I may take him over RoJo, or even Penny.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:38 am

If your looking for elite WR’s then I view this as a poor WR class.. I’ve traded away picks #6-7-9 for high end picks in 2019... Next years WR class will blow this years away!!
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:18 pm

I was going on Youtube highlights views tonite to maybe change some rankings. Until now i've more seen rankings, comparisons with articles on strengths and weaknesses, combine, metrics...to do so. But highlights it's no more that a positive side of the player about what he can do and not what he's not able to. It's not enough to avoid bad surprises.

Do you guys watch entire college games tapes to see the underthrows/overthrows made by QBs, fumbles of RBs, wrong routes and drops of WRs etc...and have a complete review ? Even if a guy good on tape could translate not so well in NFL of course.

Those who watch NCAA have an edge. I don't and if i have to watch a hundred games for all the prospects on my list... :boohoo:

It's like a "Who's got the best highlights" vs "Who's got the less weaknesses" in the way of scouting.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:52 pm

Blackout wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:18 pm I was going on Youtube highlights views tonite to maybe change some rankings. Until now i've more seen rankings, comparisons with articles on strengths and weaknesses, combine, metrics...to do so. But highlights it's no more that a positive side of the player about what he can do and not what he's not able to. It's not enough to avoid bad surprises.

Do you guys watch entire college games tapes to see the underthrows/overthrows made by QBs, fumbles of RBs, wrong routes and drops of WRs etc...and have a complete review ? Even if a guy good on tape could translate not so well in NFL of course.

Those who watch NCAA have an edge. I don't and if i have to watch a hundred games for all the prospects on my list... :boohoo:

It's like a "Who's got the best highlights" vs "Who's got the less weaknesses" in the way of scouting.
I've always felt that not watching college prospects during the season and only watching their game film after the season is over is the best way to evaluate. That way you skip all of the hype/stats and only watch what is on tape.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:05 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:52 pm
Blackout wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:18 pm I was going on Youtube highlights views tonite to maybe change some rankings. Until now i've more seen rankings, comparisons with articles on strengths and weaknesses, combine, metrics...to do so. But highlights it's no more that a positive side of the player about what he can do and not what he's not able to. It's not enough to avoid bad surprises.

I've always felt that not watching college prospects during the season and only watching their game film after the season is over is the best way to evaluate. That way you skip all of the hype/stats and only watch what is on tape.
One thing I have been doing lately is watching prospects with similar comps against a prospect I am evaluating. So for instance, people comp Michel to Kamara. I'll watch film of Michel, then Kamara. 1 game each at a time. College tape only. Or find a RB like Chubb, and watch Carlos Hyde's college tape against it. Similar size/weight. We know what Hyde could do at the NFL level, so how does Chubb look vs Hyde's college tape?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:15 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:05 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:52 pm

One thing I have been doing lately is watching prospects with similar comps against a prospect I am evaluating. So for instance, people comp Michel to Kamara. I'll watch film of Michel, then Kamara. 1 game each at a time. College tape only. Or find a RB like Chubb, and watch Carlos Hyde's college tape against it. Similar size/weight. We know what Hyde could do at the NFL level, so how does Chubb look vs Hyde's college tape?
I think that's a really good idea