POST COMBINE Rookie top 12 PPR

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: POST COMBINE Rookie top 12 PPR

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:28 pm

Blackout wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:39 pm
spotxc wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:21 am I saw that comp and it factors better than amari anyways.

I just see people overreacting to a combine performance, making it out to be worse for them than they should aka dalvin. Same people had ridley at 4 and now have him outside their top 12 4 days later lol.. Baffles me

Everyone has their own evaluations and perspectives. One arguing against him was promoting combine warrior john ross, so I take it with a grain of salt
I pass everytime on "speedster" guys like Ross, Austin, Ford, Goodwin etc... I let people take the risk. Thin and made of glass. For one Steve Smith or Desean Jackson, there are too much guys like them. I'd rather have a guy a little bigger with less speed and good route runners like Hines Ward, Jarvis Landry and playing with toughness. Especially in PPR. I think Ridley can play mostly in the slot but sometimes outside. A smooth possession WR with some deep threat plays.
Ridley weighs the same as Ross though. Or were you saying you don't like Ridley b/c he weighs the same as Ross.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:40 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:38 am Those numbers arent similar outside of 40 time like I mentioned before. So I guess I dont see it.
Similar in that they are all numbers. :lol:

But 10" off in broad jump, 1/2 sec off here , 20lbs there ... all adds up to Ridley isn't all that similar to Amari.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:49 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:08 pm I'm curious why some have Scarborough so high? Any athleticism he showed at the combine, we kind of already knew he had. That was his only calling card - size and decent athleticism.

I just can't see past his deficiencies as a runner, to see more than an upgraded Dwayne Washington.
What deficienies do you see he has as a runner? He runs upright, most large backs do. Has good burst hitting the hole, good long speed to bust big plays, has power and almost always makes the 1st tackler miss when he isn't facing a wall of defenders. He's obviously not the quickest at 6'1", but very few backs that size are going to be able to bounce around like the smaller guys. I think it's a very similar situation to the Georgia backfield. Chubb has less bigger flashier plays than Michel because the defense knows why they put him in (to pound the rock). Same with Scarbrough for the most part from what I saw. His 2016 tape was very impressive to me and he also was coming back from a broken leg this year so for him to come out and run like that it's exciting. Watching tape I think he's a better physical prospect than Henry just because he has better foot quickness to make cuts something I did not see from Henry.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:28 pm
spotxc wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:21 am I saw that comp and it factors better than amari anyways.

I just see people overreacting to a combine performance, making it out to be worse for them than they should aka dalvin. Same people had ridley at 4 and now have him outside their top 12 4 days later lol.. Baffles me

Everyone has their own evaluations and perspectives. One arguing against him was promoting combine warrior john ross, so I take it with a grain of salt
I pass everytime on "speedster" guys like Ross, Austin, Ford, Goodwin etc... I let people take the risk. Thin and made of glass. For one Steve Smith or Desean Jackson, there are too much guys like them. I'd rather have a guy a little bigger with less speed and good route runners like Hines Ward, Jarvis Landry and playing with toughness. Especially in PPR. I think Ridley can play mostly in the slot but sometimes outside. A smooth possession WR with some deep threat plays.
Ridley weighs the same as Ross though. Or were you saying you don't like Ridley b/c he weighs the same as Ross.
It was a post in two parts to react about promotion around Ross last year and arguments against Ridley this year. Bodies are the same but style and toughness are different. Don't like Ross but like Ridley. He belongs more to the second group i mentionned than the first one. Marvin Harrison was mentionned on nfl.com but to be maybe more precise on playing style, and to throw another hot old name of the Colt system : I can see Reggie Wayne potential
Last edited by Blackout on Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:43 pm

Blackout wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

It was a post in two parts to react about promotion around Ross last year and arguments against Ridley this year. Bodies are the same but style and toughness are different. Don't like Ross but like Ridley. He belongs more to the second group i mentionned than the first one. Marvin Harrison was mentionned on nfl.com but to be maybe more precise on playing style, and to throw another hot old name of the Colt system : I can see Reggie Wayne potential.
So you don't like Ross b/c he's made of glass, not because he's thin. Fair enough.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:49 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:43 pm
Blackout wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

It was a post in two parts to react about promotion around Ross last year and arguments against Ridley this year. Bodies are the same but style and toughness are different. Don't like Ross but like Ridley. He belongs more to the second group i mentionned than the first one. Marvin Harrison was mentionned on nfl.com but to be maybe more precise on playing style, and to throw another hot old name of the Colt system : I can see Reggie Wayne potential.
So you don't like Ross b/c he's made of glass, not because he's thin. Fair enough.
:thumbup: 85% Wayne (just to do my statistician lol) but more explosive and i can see too...Chad Johnson my man haha. I can't wait to draft him in front of the no-believers.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:48 pm

I just wish i was drafting in the same league as some of these people. Let ridley drop to me while they overdraft hype guys.

Like taking candy from a baby :drool:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:21 pm

After the 1.01 and to a much lesser degree 1.02, I just see a complete crapshoot. Barkley is in his own tier. You could argue that Tier 2 consists of 10+ players. Besides numerical value, what's the player difference in the 1.03 vs. the 1.08?

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:33 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:21 pm After the 1.01 and to a much lesser degree 1.02, I just see a complete crapshoot. Barkley is in his own tier. You could argue that Tier 2 consists of 10+ players. Besides numerical value, what's the player difference in the 1.03 vs. the 1.08?
Totally agree. Without the benefit of landing spot AND DRAFT CAPITAL shedding some light, I have no idea where to slot guys like Michel and Ridley
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:00 pm

cp3 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:45 pm So Ridley is an old prospect and a bad athlete? Didn’t help himself at all this weekend You guys can have him.
I completely agree. He is off my board. Awful showing. He's reminding me of other former star Alabama football players who just didn't bring it at the next level.

1) saquon
2) guice
3) Chubb
4) penny
5) Michel
6) Sutton
7) Ronald jones
8) dj Moore
9) Washington
10) Equanimeous St. Brown
11) Kerryon Johnson
12) freeman

j2cain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby j2cain » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:25 pm

1. Barkley
2. Guice
3. Chubb
4. Michel
5. Moore
6. Penny
7. Sutton
8. Jones
9. Ballage
10. Washington
11. Ridley
12. Kirk

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:50 pm

eye is in the beholder gentlemen. NONE of us know who will better then the other. Always draft by your gut. Nobody can be criticized on these threads. NO ONE is too early if you like your guy!!
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:38 pm

jtsmalls wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:50 pm eye is in the beholder gentlemen. NONE of us know who will better then the other. Always draft by your gut. Nobody can be criticized on these threads. NO ONE is too early if you like your guy!!
If a guy’s ADP is 4.07 and you take him at 1.03, it’s too early, even if that guy was Tom Brady.

Larger point here: Every list should be criticized, that’s the point. Otherwise this is just show and tell, and that helps nobody. You just don’t need to be a dick about it when you disagree with somebody’s list.

I have a bunch of league mates here so I won’t share my whole top 12, but Sutton is way too high for my taste, which I think is just a function of a really bad WR class. Not a first round pick for me.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:06 pm

^^^ pretty much this , Like who you like and don't be dissuaded if that is your gut instinct but for cripes sake trade back and get some extra loot for your trouble . Reaching defeats the purpose of finding hidden gems to an extent.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:20 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:38 pm
jtsmalls wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:50 pm eye is in the beholder gentlemen. NONE of us know who will better then the other. Always draft by your gut. Nobody can be criticized on these threads. NO ONE is too early if you like your guy!!
If a guy’s ADP is 4.07 and you take him at 1.03, it’s too early, even if that guy was Tom Brady.

Larger point here: Every list should be criticized, that’s the point. Otherwise this is just show and tell, and that helps nobody. You just don’t need to be a dick about it when you disagree with somebody’s list.

I have a bunch of league mates here so I won’t share my whole top 12, but Sutton is way too high for my taste, which I think is just a function of a really bad WR class. Not a first round pick for me.
So you're saying if a guy took gurley or Hopkins in 1.05 in a startup last year it was too early? C'mon man