Release the Guice! - The Derrius Guice Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Guice

Postby btv802 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:58 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:33 pm It's actually quite impressive that Guice is taking the high road and not naming/shaming the organization who did this. If I had to guess, I would say it probably wasn't San Fran or Seattle.

:lol:
Hah. Serious question is Seattle known as a LGBT friendly city? Honestly didn't get that sense.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:06 pm

I don't even know where to write this so I'll just put it here. Did anyone elses head explode when on the DTC podcast Whalen was saying Guice's combine was poor, then countered his own argument by comparing it to Zeke's (with Zeke of course regarded as one of the best RB's in the NFL). But wait, because Guice's vertical was 1 inch less it was bad. DTC used to be my favorite podcast...

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Yeah, I'm 99% likely going Guice there.

Price to move up for all the Barkley hype just isn't worth it - even at 1.02.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:20 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:06 pm I don't even know where to write this so I'll just put it here. Did anyone elses head explode when on the DTC podcast Whalen was saying Guice's combine was poor, then countered his own argument by comparing it to Zeke's (with Zeke of course regarded as one of the best RB's in the NFL). But wait, because Guice's vertical was 1 inch less it was bad. DTC used to be my favorite podcast...
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/derrius-guice/

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:37 pm

btv802 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:27 pm It's 100% illegal to ask somebody about their sexual orientation in a job interview.
Yes, this is true. And I imagine it will come out who asked the question, but probably not until after Guice is drafted. No need to ruffle the NFL's feathers until you're in the fold. But it's very likely the team's rep who asked those questions will face some sort of punishment. Much in the way the team (can't remember which one) faced some heat when asking Dez similar questions about his mom.
btv802 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:58 pm Hah. Serious question is Seattle known as a LGBT friendly city? Honestly didn't get that sense.
Yes it is. Things are pretty liberal up here in the Pacific Northwest. Capitol Hill is particularly LGBT friendly, but the city is generally accepting. As anywhere, there are exceptions.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:59 pm

It doesn't even make sense to ask those questions from a business perspective. Let's say Guice becomes a FA in a couple of years, you think he's going to want to sign with the team that called his mother a whore?

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:09 pm

If it's just a pure and stupid curiosity, not a real discrimination, don't overact. I won't be offended by this question in a job interview but i guess i would be really in my thoughts if i'm not selected while i have all the skills and experiences and a less skilled guy who won, loves women. Yes that curiosity is going too far sometimes. For me finally, it's not worse than spying to know everything about someone in his back.

If this is the law, law should not be just known but respected.

Myself, i wouldn't have asked this kind of thing however. Not my business.

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:52 pm

These teams can ask whatever they want if they're going to invest millions of dollars into him. They could be testing him as someone else mentioned above. This society is becoming a bunch of sensitive pansies.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:06 pm

dipANDglide wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:52 pm These teams can ask whatever they want if they're going to invest millions of dollars into him. They could be testing him as someone else mentioned above. This society is becoming a bunch of sensitive pansies.
No, they can't. And since when does being against discrimination in the workplace make you a sensitive pansy.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:08 pm

^ I agree most people are becoming too sensitive...
But to ask someone theirbelsexual orientation in a job interview is wildly inappropriate.
And to ask about or ellude to his mother selling herself is horribly insensitive and disgusting regardless of if it is true or not.

I hope he said not to draft him and walked out. Please let him crush whichever team antagonized him like this!
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:52 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:06 pm
dipANDglide wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:52 pm These teams can ask whatever they want if they're going to invest millions of dollars into him. They could be testing him as someone else mentioned above. This society is becoming a bunch of sensitive pansies.
No, they can't. And since when does being against discrimination in the workplace make you a sensitive pansy.
So they broke the law? Do you have all the facts in this situation? Or are you gurgling up all this "news" as fact? Let's stick to football and not gossip.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:04 pm

dipANDglide wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:52 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:06 pm
So they broke the law? Do you have all the facts in this situation? Or are you gurgling up all this "news" as fact? Let's stick to football and not gossip.
It's against NFL policy for starters which explicitly states not to ask a players sexual orientation. So again, you're wrong. They can't ask whatever they want. As for whether it's illegal or not, that may be a gray area... could depend on the state.

austing
Role Player
Role Player

Where would you rank Guice in the 2017 rookie class?

Postby austing » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:16 pm

Okay, after seeing so many posts locking Guice up as the 1.02 I have some questions. I honestly still don't get it with the love for him, I see a long-term unsustainable (injury wise) two down thumper in a ppr world. But I am very curious as to the case for what makes his ceiling so much higher than chubbs or Michel's, best case scenario. If anyone can explain it to me I'd really love to hear it.

I also really want to know where you truthers would honestly rank Guice in last year's draft so I have some non Barkley context and as I have 3 of those 2017 rookies it's all the more relevant. Thanks.
12 team/37 year contract cap ppr league/ Player (yrs left on team) --- Qb Rb Flex Flex Flex Flex (max 3 rbs, no req. TEs)

QB Josh Allen (1)

RB Nick Chubb (1) Miles Sanders (4) Chase Edmunds (1)

WR Kenny Golladay (2) Jerry Jeudy (4) Courtland Sutton (3) Allen Robinson (3) Marvin Jones (2) Nelson Agholor (1) Nkeal Harry (3)

K Josh Brown (1)

Dst Bears (1)

2021 1.04 Pick (waddle/pitts/williams)

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Re: Where would you rank Guice in the 2017 rookie class?

Postby snaps06 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:35 pm

Well, first off, I don't even have Michel in my top 6 in 2018, and I don't understand the love for him at all. I can't wait until the season starts for everyone to see how overrated he was this offseason.

Anyways, back to Guice, going off talent and predraft 2017 rankings, he's easily top-5. Fournette and Davis as the 1A/1B, then Guice, Cook, and Mixon in any order based upon preference. I'd toss Chubb in there with that group, and Barkley ahead of Fournette/Davis in his own tier. Here's how my tiers would look with all of them:

1: Barkley
2: Fournette/Davis
3: Guice, Chubb, Mixon, Cook
Team 1: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '16 & '17 3rd, '20 2nd Place
REBUILD STARTED 2019
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex
Kyler,Stafford,Herbert
Zeke,Sanders,Swift,Moss,Robinson,Mattison,Gio
Cooper,Juju,AJB,Reagor,Ruggs,Mims,Kirk,Bateman,Moore
Kelce,Henry
2022: 2,3,4

Team 2: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '17 & '20 2nd Place
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex
Rodgers,Stafford
Zeke,Conner,Robinson,Dillon,CEvans,Mattison,Edmonds,Davis
Hopkins,Thomas,Woods,Cooks,Toney,MWilliams,
Kittle,Henry,Freier
2022:1,1,2,3,4

Team 3: 14-Team SF,PPR,0.25/rush '18 3rd Place, 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex SFlex
Cousins,Kyler,Carr,Trask
Jacobs,Gibson,Robinson,LMurray,Ingram,Moss,Gio,SScott
Evans,Nuk,DJM,Boyd,Davis
Fant,Hooper,Gronk
2022:2,4
2023:1,1,2,3,4

Team 4: 12-TeamSF,0.5PPR,TE1PPR 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR WR TE FLEX FLEX SFlex
Allen,Tanny,Cam,MacJones
Taylor,Akers,Montgomery,Gibson,Robinson,Harris,McKissic,SScott
DKM,Evans,Juju,Cooks,MWilliams,Trequan
Engram,Hurst,Gronk,Long

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Where would you rank Guice in the 2017 rookie class?

Postby Bot101 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:54 pm

Ugh thank you! Finally someone who also just doesn't see it with Guice. I do not think his run style will translate to the NFL in terms of longevity. People want to bag on Barkley because he avoids contact. Well Id prefer my RB to have a longer career. Guice run style will get him injured A LOT in the NFL. Guice looks like a good not great RB. Im so frustrated because no matter what every podcast, every ranking locks him in at 1.02. Im looking at a couple different players over him at 1.02.