Hall of Fame

Re: Guice

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:46 pm

Chubb and Guice are much closer now than before

My drop off is after 1.03
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:46 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:20 pm Chubb is closing ground to me. A lot of questions about him are being answered
Agreed, Chubb had a big day. Draft capital/landing spot will probably be the determining factor between the two for many. The value in having the 1.02 is mostly having the choice now.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:23 pm

btv802 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:46 pm
Bot101 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:20 pm Chubb is closing ground to me. A lot of questions about him are being answered
Agreed, Chubb had a big day. Draft capital/landing spot will probably be the determining factor between the two for many. The value in having the 1.02 is mostly having the choice now.
It’s funny to hear this considering how freaquently I saw people put Chubb a tier below Guice, pre-combine.
The standard is the standard.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:27 pm

Defender wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:23 pm It’s funny to hear this considering how freaquently I saw people put Chubb a tier below Guice, pre-combine.
Chubb was always going to be one of the fastest risers if he showed that he still had alien-like qualities at the combine.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:03 pm

Hahaclintondix wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:18 pm It does feel like it’s 1.01 or bust. At the same time, I think people who own 1.02 know they hold a lot of power since 1.01 is unattainable without a serious overpay. Owners of 1.02 are holding out hope that they might get 85-90% of that.

Unfortunately 2018 draft picks seem to be valued higher than or equal to last year’s class. I’ve seen people trading top 25-30 players for the 4th or 5th pick, which seems nuts to me. Barkley hype and 2017 success have made this year’s picks wayyyyy overvalued in my opinion. If you can get the 1.02 at a reasonable price, then do it...but I bet you’ll have to pay more than you’d like.
Pretty much
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:30 pm

Guice is almost 2 years younger without a major knee injury on his bio, though. Either one is good. 1.03 is the pick to have, IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:51 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:30 pm Guice is almost 2 years younger without a major knee injury on his bio, though. Either one is good. 1.03 is the pick to have, IMO.
For now yes. We'll see how the real NFL draft plays out.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:16 pm

The thing that some people may not have noticed yet, there's a bunch of teams in the top 10 who surely could use an elite RB: NYG, Indy, the JETS, Tampa Bay and Oakland. In fact, I'd say that there's more RB-needy teams in the top 10, than in the rest of the 1st combined.

Now I'm not saying that these teams will all draft RBs, but I think there's a good chance that NYG will take Barkley and that Indy, if Barkley is off the board, may trade down a few spots (allowing a QB needy team like the JETS to draft the #2 QB). I wouldn't be surprised if the 2nd RB is taken at or before Tampa Bay.

Also, all of the landing spots in the top 10 would be great for any of these guys. Not like they'd get Mixoned.

:lol:

So the value of Guice could take a significant jump if he's drafted in the top 10 to one of these really, really good landings spots.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:57 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:16 pm The thing that some people may not have noticed yet, there's a bunch of teams in the top 10 who surely could use an elite RB: NYG, Indy, the JETS, Tampa Bay and Oakland. In fact, I'd say that there's more RB-needy teams in the top 10, than in the rest of the 1st combined.

Now I'm not saying that these teams will all draft RBs, but I think there's a good chance that NYG will take Barkley and that Indy, if Barkley is off the board, may trade down a few spots (allowing a QB needy team like the JETS to draft the #2 QB). I wouldn't be surprised if the 2nd RB is taken at or before Tampa Bay.

Also, all of the landing spots in the top 10 would be great for any of these guys. Not like they'd get Mixoned.

So the value of Guice could take a significant jump if he's drafted in the top 10 to one of these really, really good landings spots.
The fact that Indy does not need a QB, and the Giants might be tempted (as well as Denver being able to move up fro, 5 to 3 potentially) leads me to believe that Cleveland will take a QB at 1, unless they don't believe in any of them. The fact they passed on Wentz may create even more pressure to take a QB, because if they pass on another one that turns out to be good, there might be riots in the streets. Raiders won't take a RB in the first. I'd bet my bank account on it (unless Barkley somehow fell) Reggie and Gruden come from the GB school where they rarely take RB's high. It's a position they tend to wait on. They have so many needs on the defensive side of the ball, it will never happen. I think the highest Reggie has taken an RB is the 4th (Taiwan Jones) He took Latavius Murray in the 6th, and Washington in the 5th most recently
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:46 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:05 pm Guice reminds me of Doug Martin. I think he's very clearly the #2 prospect, but I think he's prone to being apart of a committee. He is a good RB, but I don't think he's a special RB. I would not trade Saquon Barkley for Guice, unless there was a significant piece coming back. Barkley is a three-down back and is special on the ground and in the receiving game. He could become the best RB in football one day and nobody will be surprised.
Ahah, just started to watch his tape and thought exactly the same. Muscle Hamster 2.0
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:14 am

I am a bit of an LSU fan, and agree the combine has helped Chubb close in on Guice. But running in a straight line in your underwear is a little different than making cuts in the 4th quarter with pads on against NFL defenses. I agree Chubb looks good tho.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:56 am

"Former LSU running back Derrius Guice said in an interview Wednesday that one NFL team asked about his sexuality and another inquired if his mother was a prostitute at the NFL Scouting Combine that concluded earlier this week."

Wow insane. You could always ask about sexuality even if it's not a factor to judge his talent but the second one was clearly a provocation that could have finished badly for the guy who asked :shock: Guice just said it was "crazy" and a test to see his reaction but that's all. Great self-control. When NFL guys are headcases they have no pity (except Bengals haha) for them but this kind of behaviour from people who have the power, should be banned too.

Whole story : https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 405776002/

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Blackout wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:56 am "Former LSU running back Derrius Guice said in an interview Wednesday that one NFL team asked about his sexuality and another inquired if his mother was a prostitute at the NFL Scouting Combine that concluded earlier this week."

Wow insane. You could always ask about sexuality even if it's not a factor to judge his talent but the second one was clearly a provocation that could have finished badly for the guy who asked :shock: Guice just said it was "crazy" and a test to see his reaction but that's all. Great self-control. When NFL guys are headcases they have no pity (except Bengals haha) for them but this kind of behaviour from people who have the power, should be banned too.

Whole story : https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 405776002/
It's 100% illegal to ask somebody about their sexual orientation in a job interview.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:33 pm

It's actually quite impressive that Guice is taking the high road and not naming/shaming the organization who did this. If I had to guess, I would say it probably wasn't San Fran or Seattle.