Release the Guice! - The Derrius Guice Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Guice

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:17 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:03 pm
cazzie33 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:19 pm My wife cut me after my only two years of stud production. Now she was a tough GM ! :surprised:
:shock: Ouch dude....

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:09 pm

So a recent mock has this guy going to the Eagles. The Eagles lost Blount to free agency and Ajayi has 1 year left on his contract.

As an owner of a 1.02 pick, I would love for Guice to end up with the Eagles. That teams looks to have a dynamic passing offense (again) and that will spread the defense thin, perfect for a guy like Guice, who can tear through small holes.

This is probably one of the best landing spots for me.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:21 pm

Yea eagles seem to have interest in rbs this draft and they would be a great landing spot imo

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:25 pm

You think he falls that far though?

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:09 pm

The Eagles would be a good landing spot but I don’t think he will get past the Lions. That’s who I think makes a lot of sense. I think the Seahawks might take him but I think that they have to go defense with all of the departures on that side of the ball but I don’t think the Lions would pass on him.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:20 am

Man, I'm sorry but as a 1.02 owner I just would not be excited to see Guice land in Philly. That sucker would be begging to look like a timeshare if that happened.

Now on one hand, you could argue that we expected Minnesota to look like a timeshare but Cook just took over right off the bat.

But on the other hand, we have situations like Cincy or, Heaven-forbid, TENNESSEE, where "a stud RB prospect" absolutely does not get handed the reigns.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

believeinthehunter
Role Player
Role Player

Postby believeinthehunter » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:20 am

I was watching his running style. It just seems to me that he takes much more contact than the other RBs of this draft. On the one hand it means he’ll claw for every yard, but it could also leave him exposed to lingering injuries which could sap his explosiveness over time. Idc tho if I don’t get the 1.01 in my league I would be very happy if either him or Michel/Chubbs falls to me.
QB: Carson Wentz, Mitchell Trubisky, Patrick Mahomes, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold
RB: Kareem Hunt, Christian McCaffrey, Duke Johnson, Isaiah Crowell, Rashaad Penny, James Conner, Sony Michel, Nyheim Hines, Jamal Williams
WR: Amari Cooper, Tyreek Hill, Jarvis Landry, Randall Cobb, Albert Wilson, Trequan Smith
TE: Trey Burton, OJ Howard, Austin Sefarian-Jenkings,
Def: Detroit and Los Angeles Rams
Kicker: Jake Elliot
2019: 2 1sts 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2020: 3z firsts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th,
2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
2022: 1 st, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th
QB/3WR/2RB/TE/Kicker/Def/Flex/Superflex
Half PPR

Riffraff
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby Riffraff » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:42 am

I think if more people knew Guice (a 5-star recruit) had 617 yards and 8 TDs receiving (1341 and 21 rushing) as a senior in High School they would have him as the no doubt #2 RB in the class. Too many think he's a 2 down banger because LSU doesn't pass the ball to the RBs. He's a potential 1500-1800 combined yardage guy in the pros.

He seems to get passed over because Barkley has the receiving numbers and dynasty owners are looking for that "other" dual threat RB in the draft, even though he's sitting right there staring at them in the face.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:21 am

Riffraff wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:42 am I think if more people knew Guice (a 5-star recruit) had 617 yards and 8 TDs receiving (1341 and 21 rushing) as a senior in High School they would have him as the no doubt #2 RB in the class. Too many think he's a 2 down banger because LSU doesn't pass the ball to the RBs. He's a potential 1500-1800 combined yardage guy in the pros.

He seems to get passed over because Barkley has the receiving numbers and dynasty owners are looking for that "other" dual threat RB in the draft, even though he's sitting right there staring at them in the face.
Guice reminds me most of Ezekiel Elliott, frankly. I don't see him going to as good of a situation, but I think we're looking at a similar, albeit less polished, talent. I think it's reasonable to prefer Chubb, who has a similar pedigree/size/speed, but anybody who's looking at Michel or Jones as the 1.02 is overthinking it.

Of course, situation matters tremendously, so this is worth re-evaluating after the draft.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:23 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:20 am Man, I'm sorry but as a 1.02 owner I just would not be excited to see Guice land in Philly. That sucker would be begging to look like a timeshare if that happened.

Now on one hand, you could argue that we expected Minnesota to look like a timeshare but Cook just took over right off the bat.

But on the other hand, we have situations like Cincy or, Heaven-forbid, TENNESSEE, where "a stud RB prospect" absolutely does not get handed the reigns.
agreed i dont like philly as a landing spot either..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:33 am

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it past Washington at #13. Guice is likely to be what they hoped Perine would be and more, and they've already stated it's a priority for them to improve the running game.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:59 am

believeinthehunter wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:20 am I was watching his running style. It just seems to me that he takes much more contact than the other RBs of this draft. On the one hand it means he’ll claw for every yard, but it could also leave him exposed to lingering injuries which could sap his explosiveness over time. Idc tho if I don’t get the 1.01 in my league I would be very happy if either him or Michel/Chubbs falls to me.
That was my initial concern too. But after rewatching several games I noticed something I didnt before. Most of the time he makes cuts, sometimes very small and subtle ones, and tries to avoid initial contact. So hes not always looking to truck defenders even though sometimes when theres no other choice he will. Where my worry lies is how he pinballs off defenders for extra yards instead of going down. That could lead to more injuries.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:18 am

Please for the love of god let this kid be good. I need help.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:08 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:33 am I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it past Washington at #13. Guice is likely to be what they hoped Perine would be and more, and they've already stated it's a priority for them to improve the running game.
Good call. I had them pegged for a defensive player, CB probably, but that does make sense.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:23 pm

Washington is pretty nice and at 13 overall, woah boy, he'd easily be 1.02 for most if not all