2018 NFL Combine Discussions

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2018 NFL Combine Discussions

Postby Blackout » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:23 pm

Who do you think can succeed in NFL between TEs like Andrews, Gesicki or Hurst ? None of them seem to be good blockers. Anyway, except Gronk, Kelce, or Doyle, they are pretty much few or old (like Walker, Watson and Lewis)

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Well it seems like Sutton destroyed the agility drills

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:07 pm

Hurst looked most natural out there with catching and blocking imo, but gesiki put in one hell of a performance

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:50 pm

spotxc wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:06 pm Well it seems like Sutton destroyed the agility drills
Yes and just saw that Gesicki destroyed the TE competition with best broad, vertical jump, 3-cone, 20yd shuttle, 60yd shuttle and second on the bench press. All that with a 4.55 speed WTF. Ex-basketball player like Jimmy Graham and even volley-ball (41'5 vertical jump !!!). I seriously keep an eye on him and strongly consider this guy for one of my three 2nd rounder.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:05 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:31 pm
stoneghost28 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:54 pm Very Happy with Barkley. Stunned by Chubb, considered a JAG by a lot of tape guys post Knee Explosion in 2015, came back a bit this year, but still not up to his '14-'15 levels, then he goes out there and outperforms the significantly more dynamic looking Michel (in terms of how they look on the field). Totally baffled with Chubb's performance compared to Michel. Makes zero sense.
Watching both of them in 2017, it's not that surprising to me. Chubb may not be back to his old "Gurley-esque" form, but that dude looked like a beast this year. Michel is shifter for sure, but not necessarily better in many other areas.
Watching him in '14 compared to '16, he just looked nothing like the same back, basically a JAG, a Rob Kelley.

Watching him in '17 it looked like he'd gotten more of his old game back, but still not to '14 early '15 levels.

If I were to give percentages, I'd say 2016 was 70% of his old form, and '17 was 85%.

I still don't think he's there on the field. He had explosion, and burst, and acceleration in '14-'15 that I just didn't see to the same degree in '16 or '17, he was closer no doubt, but still not there.

Considering the severity of the injury, 2 years is a reasonable expectation of time to wait to get all the way back physically. Mentally is something else. I think he could get closer still, but I don't think we get the '14-'15 Chubb ever again, I'm hoping he can jump from my 85 to 90-92.5. That would be an above average power back, a top 10-15 RB in the right situation. At this point, his performance could elevate him beyond the point where I feel comfortable drafting him, pending landing spot. I'd rather trade down and out, then pick him at 1.03 or 1.04 unless the landing spot is heavenly. Hoping he makes it all the way back though and his performance at the combine suggests he just might.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:12 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:13 pm
cweds wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:08 pm Does Freeman's performance bring him into the first round conversation? Seemed his big knock was his agility/athleticism which he seemed to address pretty well.
What did he do well? Not being snarky, I just honestly don't know.

His 40 time, while not disastrous, certainly wasn't inspiring either.
Positives:
80th Percentile size adjusted speed score
82nd Percentile agility score.

Negatives:
40th Percentile burst score (explains why so many expected an awful combine)
26th Percentile Bench Press (I found this kinda shocking)

Add in the college dominator, the SPARQ-x (60th percentile) and young breakout age, and he's suddenly looked remarkably more impressive than anyone was expecting. The negative tag on him was he was a weaker version of Perine, just kinda slow and unathletic, but insanely productive. But his speed score is excellent considering his size, and his agility score is flat out elite. I would have preferred a better burst score, but it's not horrible, it's just a bit subpar which somewhat underscores why people feared a bad combine: he's not explosive, he's just very agile and reasonably quick. Considering his skill as a runner, this could lift him from "late 2nd to late 3rd RB flyer" to a guy you'll need a top 15 overall pick to select pending landing spot.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:13 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:16 am
DJB wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:24 pm Very impressed with Chubb. But now i wonder a d have to go back to see why it seems he doesn't play with the same speed on tape.

Running a straight line at full speed is very different then running and cutting at full speed. I wonder if hes still hesitant cutting
if so its understandable his knee nearly became a fidget spinner a few years back and that may still be buried in his subconscious mind somewhere .
Shhh......

We really don't want fidget spinners back in my classroom." Finally got those "faux educational" tools out of the classroom this past fall. :)

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:18 pm

Those agility scores for Sutton are unreal. That guy is my 1.02 bar none. Guy has all the athleticism and skill a team in the first round is asking for
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:23 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:18 pm Those agility scores for Sutton are unreal. That guy is my 1.02 bar none. Guy has all the athleticism and skill a team in the first round is asking for
I have him and Chubb tied at 1.02. I'd be happy with either at 1.03.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:03 pm

Allen Lazard might have gone from undrafted to early Day 3
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:44 pm

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0 ... prosthetic

Just wanted to share this combine video (also I posted a poll on the possiblity of an NFL player with a prosthetic in the general NFL forum)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:56 pm

Is getting even allowed to use a prosthetic on the field? I thought not because he played without one at UCF I believe.

He is a great story and I wish him the best though, it'll be exciting to see how he does in the NFL. I hope he becomes an all time great
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Toprank
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Toprank » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:57 pm

My Observations-

James Washington reminds me of Anquan Boldin.
Both D.J.'s are really good athlete's.
I'm not convinced that there is a superstar in the group, but there might be a lot of solid guys.
Curious who will take a chance on Callaway
Disappointed I didn't see Miller or Burnett do anything.
Did anyone notice Davon Grayson on the route's and patch catching...he caught my eye for some reason.
There are some decent TE's in this group.
I think Josh Allen might be 1st overall pick.

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:02 am

GLSmk wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:23 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:18 pm Those agility scores for Sutton are unreal. That guy is my 1.02 bar none. Guy has all the athleticism and skill a team in the first round is asking for
I have him and Chubb tied at 1.02. I'd be happy with either at 1.03.
Those agility scores were 4.57 in the three come and 4.11 in the short shuttle. That’s elite and similar to what Christian mcafrey posted last year. 4.54 forty is above average for his size as well and the 36 inch vert was nice to as was his broad jump which was better than most of the field. 6”3.5 220 with large hands and a 6”6 wingspan. Also ran the drills extremely well. I believe he’s locked up a first round pick for sure
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:49 am

To piggyback over my previous post Sutton finished 6th out of all WRs in the broad jump, third in the 3 cone drill, 3rd in the 20 yard shuttle and 2nd out of all WRs in the 60 yard shuttle. Those are events big WRs usually struggle in relative to small WRs. I’d argue taken as a whole Sutton’s combine was elite and one of the best overall in the combine especially compared to guys like Ridley. Jmo
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion