Burton

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Burton

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:55 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:33 am Comparison to Green is odd. How can anyone compare any player to a guy who’s career was cut short due to health concerns? Even if the situation is similar the result is guaranteed to be different.
Seems similar in the sense he's been sitting behind an all pro for years, and finally getting his shot through FA. Like Bennett too, who was blocked by Witten. There 're obvious problems with both those comparisons, though.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:02 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:43 pm Why do people like the NO situation? Jimmy Graham? That offense is dead. The current offense is a run heavy and a TE is going to be expected to block. Don't see Burton as a great fit for that style and I doubt that team is going to produce another Jimmy Graham anytime soon regardless of who ends up there.
They were run based (mostly) this year, but would they have a different offense with different personnel? I think the appeal with the offense is, aside from Mike Thomas, they only have role players for the other WRs and at TE. People ding Jared Cook for being one dimensional, but imagine putting his field stretching in place of Fleener.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:03 pm

Just picked him up in a TE Premium league for BB Dollars - now I guess that means I have "skin in the game" lol
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:42 pm

If people are going to compare him to a backup who eventually got a starting job, I'd look at a guy like Walker. I think he can have that kind of an impact if he goes to the right situation.

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:37 am

This guy can play. Been watching him as an Eagles fan. Has unreal hands and always finds a way to get open.

Can't wait to see where he lands.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:47 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:43 pm Why do people like the NO situation? Jimmy Graham? That offense is dead. The current offense is a run heavy and a TE is going to be expected to block. Don't see Burton as a great fit for that style and I doubt that team is going to produce another Jimmy Graham anytime soon regardless of who ends up there.
The offense is not dead.

1. The RBs were highly efficient.
2. The defense did much better than was expected.
3. Points one and two fed into each other.

Next year will see a regression back to the norm, resulting in the Saints needing to ‘air it out’ more frequently to win games.

As for a great landing spot for a FA TE, probably not. There are a lot of mouths to feed, and I do expect Snead to reclaim a sizable role.
The standard is the standard.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:53 am

ArrylT wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:44 pm Paging Burton

your buddies V. McDonald, L. Green, Fleener, Tim Wright, Troy Niklaus & Jace Amaro are awaiting your arrival in Post-Hypeville. :ewink:
Super athlete Rob Housler is feeling really left out right now

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:54 am

Goddard wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:42 pm If people are going to compare him to a backup who eventually got a starting job, I'd look at a guy like Walker. I think he can have that kind of an impact if he goes to the right situation.
Agree with this

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:03 am

ArrylT wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:44 pm Paging Burton

your buddies V. McDonald, L. Green, Fleener, Tim Wright, Troy Niklaus & Jace Amaro are awaiting your arrival in Post-Hypeville. :ewink:
This is right^

I've heard people say things like History is boring. Why do we study history? Etc. Well, its simple... it is because if we don't study history, we are more likely to make the same or similar mistakes.

I'm not saying that Burton isn't talented. But, What I will say is this; The TE position in the NFL is very very dependent on scheme. Because he had X success in a scheme as an Eagle, has ZERO bearing on him having success in say N.O., Indianapolis, Houston, Jacksonville, etc. It just doesn't. How do I know this. Well, a basic level of understanding of the NFL and team tendencies must exist. IN General, TE relevancy in fantasy production is - Much more so Scheme, health, than actual talent compared to peers. It seems that some in this thread are either un aware of this or are purposefully ignoring it. It seems that Burton having some crazy break out is possible, just not likely.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:06 am

ArrylT wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:21 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:18 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:57 pm "Green never won the job over Gates all those years in SD. Burton will be atop the depth chart this season. "

That's what I said in reply to your poor Green comparison.
Don't fault us for your poorly worded statement. Any reasonable person interprets the statement exactly as I did.
Unfortunately not every poster on this forum, or dynasty owner can be labeled reasonable. :ewink: :lol:
Very true ^ :pray:

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:45 am

sammyz wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:28 am Got him off the wire at the end of last season, I like his upside, I think he pushed his stock up quite a bit in the SB. Would move him for an early second but otherwise I'm holding.
You'll be holding.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:59 am

JFever wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:45 am
sammyz wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:28 am Got him off the wire at the end of last season, I like his upside, I think he pushed his stock up quite a bit in the SB. Would move him for an early second but otherwise I'm holding.
You'll be holding.
He was traded for the 2.06 in my league. So thats not a super far stretch someone is buying the hype and offers an early 2nd. Its ridiculous for sure, but you cant find an article or post from media personalities not including Burton as an off season buy.

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:30 am

Being reported:

Bears signed TE Trey Burton, formerly of the Eagles, to a four-year, $32 million contract
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:34 am

Interesting landing spot. Trubisky's value should be going up after today.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:34 am

Wow. That's a bit of a surprise. A lot of coin, as well.

That puts a damper on Shaheen hype.