Burton

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Burton

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:46 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:04 pm
AussieMate wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:46 pm You're trying to say he isn't green because green never beat out gates, as far as I can tell burton hasn't beat out ertz either. Also he isn't atop any depth chart yet so you probs need to come back down to earth just for now. I do like Burton more than green though but I'm not calling him a TE1 just yet.
No, what I'm saying is. He WILL be on top of another teams depth chart come September. An opportunity Ladarius Green never had.
That's not what you said at all. And Green certainly had a chance to be the starter in Pittsburgh...

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:57 pm

"I don't think so. Green never won the job over Gates all those years in SD. Burton will be atop the depth chart this season. Also he had 5 TD off of 30 targets last season. Green has 8 in his entire career."

That's what I said in reply to your poor Green comparison. Prior to that the talk was of Burton leaving Philly in FA. I mentioned how the Saints would be a perfect destination. You likely skimmed past that and automatically assumed my comment on being atop the depth chart was in reference to the Eagles depth chart. I can't help how you interpret what I said.

I mistakenly assumed people on here were aware of Burton's situation, or would at least read the thread explaining it. It's practically a foregone conclusion that he's on his way out, demanding starting TE money because he wants to be a starting TE.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:15 pm

I'd be surprised if he lands on the Saints

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans- ... ener-9844/

Basically they'd have to cut Fleener ($3.4M of 2018 salary guarantees on 2/7/2018), eat the 8m in dead cap money, and then sign Burton - who you say is looking for starting TE money - to a similar contact (thus paying 1 TE for the price of 2).

If Burton is looking for starter money then he'll be looking for 5-7m a year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/tight-end/

Speaking of L. Green he signed $20 for 4 years - or $5m a year.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:18 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:57 pm "Green never won the job over Gates all those years in SD. Burton will be atop the depth chart this season. "

That's what I said in reply to your poor Green comparison.
Don't fault us for your poorly worded statement. Any reasonable person interprets the statement exactly as I did.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:18 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:57 pm "Green never won the job over Gates all those years in SD. Burton will be atop the depth chart this season. "

Don't fault us for your poorly worded statement. Any reasonable person interprets the statement exactly as I did.
Unfortunately not every poster on this forum, or dynasty owner can be labeled reasonable. :ewink: :lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:25 pm

Just faulting you coz. Any reasonable person can take the time to read three sentences, especially when they were the first reply to this thread.

You ever notice how when you read an article or a novel the writer or author doesn't reiterate the same point they established in the beginning? Pretty reasonable wouldn't you say? Now lets move past your dumb mistake shall we?
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:30 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:25 pm

Just faulting you coz. Any reasonable person can take the time to read three sentences, especially when they were the first reply to this thread.

Lets move past your dumb mistake shall we?
The mistake is you ignoring the fact that the Steelers signed Green to be their starter. Up to this point everything is trending exactly the same, the only difference being you like Burton more than Green.

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:44 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:30 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:25 pm

Lets move past your dumb mistake shall we?
The mistake is you ignoring the fact that the Steelers signed Green to be their starter. Up to this point everything is trending exactly the same, the only difference being you like Burton more than Green.
Don't you think it's a bit extreme to give him the Ladarius Green label? That has been cited as one of the worse contracts the Steelers have ever given. Green started that year off the PUP list, the idea of him being the number 1 lasted a few months and some hopeful weeks during the season as he lost the job to Jesse James.

You're just comparing their similar situations of being backup tight ends that left in free agency. The players are completely different. Green was a combine superstar while Burton went undrafted. Green was soft and disappointed every NFL coaching staff he's ever known, while Burton always makes plays and is entrusted to throw into the redzone against the Patriots in the SB.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:02 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:44 pm You're just comparing their similar situations of being backup tight ends that left in free agency.
uh, yeah... :shock:

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:29 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:02 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:44 pm You're just comparing their similar situations of being backup tight ends that left in free agency.
Lol not worth it DD, Burton and green situations are nothing alike. Green played for the chargers and Burton eagles, see totally different

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:57 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:29 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:02 pm
Lol not worth it DD, Burton and green situations are nothing alike. Green played for the chargers and Burton eagles, see totally different
I like how he suddenly became an expert on Ladarius Green's time in Pittsburgh. It's almost as if he either didn't know or completely forgot that Ladarius signed with the Steelers to be the starter. After a short back and forth with me he finally decides to google it. He reads the first article that pops up in the search results which outlines Green's start on the PUP list and is coincidentally named "'Steelers release Ladarius Green, 'worst signing ever'" (notice how he says it's "one of the worse contracts"). Realizing he's wrong but remembering it's still the internet, he comes back here armed with this new 2 year old information and stubbornly doubles down whilst unintentionally confirming what I said. That's just my crazy theory anyway :whistle:

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:34 am

To be fair Ladarius never got a true shot at it due to concussions. I'm still a big Ladarius guy if it weren't for that damn CTE.

Burton is a great buy right now if it isn't too late. He has been buried behind 2 good TEs his entire career, but shower well when getting the opportunity.

There are plenty of good landing spots outside of the Saints as well. HOU, JAX, MIA, NE, DAL, BAL off the top of my head. I bought him for Higbee and the 4.01, awesome speculative add imo.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:35 am

To be fair Ladarius never got a true shot at it due to concussions. I'm still a big Ladarius guy if it weren't for that damn CTE.

Burton is a great buy right now if it isn't too late. He has been buried behind 2 good TEs his entire career, but showed well when getting the opportunity.

There are plenty of good landing spots outside of the Saints as well. HOU, JAX, MIA, NE, DAL, BAL off the top of my head. I bought him for Higbee and the 4.01, awesome speculative add imo.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:14 am

green was a much better prospect than burton , were he healthy he had a chance to be a star . the best burton comp for me is delanie walker -age 29 breakout and 5 straight solid years in tenn. He was a guy buried behind vernon davis in SF .
I like burton but he isn't capable of being an unstoppable weapon the way green could have been without all the injuries. The steelers have had a bunch of worse contracts like jarvis jones rookie deal for instance - if green stayed healthy 4 years for 20MM$ would have been a damned steal.
Pretty much any TE with a pulse gains value with brees but ask any fleenor or hill owner it isn't a slam dunk. pro yammers about burton's td rate but in 2016 37 catches for 1 td is a bit less flashy . Burton is a buy but as a TE2 high upside flyer just like green was ,not a take it to the bank TE1 .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:58 am

ArrylT wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:44 pm Paging Burton

your buddies V. McDonald, L. Green, Fleener, Tim Wright, Troy Niklaus & Jace Amaro are awaiting your arrival in Post-Hypeville. :ewink:
You can probably add Dwayne Allen, Jermaine Gresham and Martellus Bennett to this last also