Changing a QB1 league to 2 or superflex

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Changing a QB1 league to 2 or superflex

Postby Wizard » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:03 pm

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to fairly switch a league from 1QB to a 2QB or Superflex without pissing half the league off while making the other half very happy. A few of us have been talking about how we don't like the way QBs are valued for years and I think we'd like to change the league but I'm sure some owners would be against it because that's not how they have been drafting or trading (which I totally get). Any suggestions, I know we can always try starting a new league but we struggle to fill the 12 slots we have now and I don't want to have to keep scrambling to get players each year. One last thing, what would you suggest 2QB or Superflex or are there others I should consider.
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Re: Changing a QB1 league to 2 or superflex

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:10 pm

This probably should be moved to the 2QB/Superflex subforum, unless the league also includes a salary cap or IDP element, in which case you need to wait until the appropriate subforum opens, namely the 2QB/Superflex IDP Salary Cap subforum. Not to be confused with the 2QB/Superflex IDP Sans Salary Cap subforum.

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:13 pm

Here are some options to increase the value of QBs:

Staying 1QB:
1) 6 point TD passes
2) 1 point for every 20 passing yards instead of 25 yards

If neither of those works, I suggest superflex with a 2 year window to adjust lineups and draft accordingly. You can't just jump into a superflex in one offseason. Add an additional flex in year one, and move to superflex in year 2.

If moving all the way to 2QB, all I'd do is add a 3rd step to what I posted above. 1st year additional flex, 2nd year superflex, 3rd year 2QB.

That's just my 2 cents on how to transition and how I would approach it as commish.
Team 1: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '16 & '17 3rd, '20 2nd Place
REBUILD STARTED 2019
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex
Kyler,Stafford,Herbert
Zeke,Sanders,Swift,Moss,Robinson,Mattison,Gio
Cooper,Juju,AJB,Reagor,Ruggs,Mims,Kirk,Bateman,Moore
Kelce,Henry
2022: 2,3,4

Team 2: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '17 & '20 2nd Place
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex
Rodgers,Stafford
Zeke,Conner,Robinson,Dillon,CEvans,Mattison,Edmonds,Davis
Hopkins,Thomas,Woods,Cooks,Toney,MWilliams,
Kittle,Henry,Freier
2022:1,1,2,3,4

Team 3: 14-Team SF,PPR,0.25/rush '18 3rd Place, 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex SFlex
Cousins,Kyler,Carr,Trask
Jacobs,Gibson,Robinson,LMurray,Ingram,Moss,Gio,SScott
Evans,Nuk,DJM,Boyd,Davis
Fant,Hooper,Gronk
2022:2,4
2023:1,1,2,3,4

Team 4: 12-TeamSF,0.5PPR,TE1PPR 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR WR TE FLEX FLEX SFlex
Allen,Tanny,Cam,MacJones
Taylor,Akers,Montgomery,Gibson,Robinson,Harris,McKissic,SScott
DKM,Evans,Juju,Cooks,MWilliams,Trequan
Engram,Hurst,Gronk,Long

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:14 pm

Actually, a better suggestion would be to post it in the Commish forum (since that way it is seen mainly by owners who are Commissioners) - but imo there is no right way that does not involve the support of the majority of your league (I'd say 75% min) and gives at least 1-2 years of preparation.

What you could do is implement one of the newer QB scoring themes to start off with - either the 6-4 concept*, or the new concept that just got posted by DLF writer Jacob Feldman (but I assume thats only accessible to DLF premium members).

6 point TDs, -4 for INTS
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:10 pm This probably should be moved to the 2QB/Superflex subforum, unless the league also includes a salary cap or IDP element, in which case you need to wait until the appropriate subforum opens, namely the 2QB/Superflex IDP Salary Cap subforum. Not to be confused with the 2QB/Superflex IDP Sans Salary Cap subforum.
Lol, being organized and finding the right help easily must suck. Because the value of luck certainly differed last year from redraft to dynasty to 2qb.

To answer the OP I must agree with the above male the change over at least 2 years.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

CM21VE
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CM21VE » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:38 pm

snaps06 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:13 pm Here are some options to increase the value of QBs:

Staying 1QB:
1) 6 point TD passes
2) 1 point for every 20 passing yards instead of 25 yards

If neither of those works, I suggest superflex with a 2 year window to adjust lineups and draft accordingly. You can't just jump into a superflex in one offseason. Add an additional flex in year one, and move to superflex in year 2.

If moving all the way to 2QB, all I'd do is add a 3rd step to what I posted above. 1st year additional flex, 2nd year superflex, 3rd year 2QB.

That's just my 2 cents on how to transition and how I would approach it as commish.

This^^^
We kicked this around in one of my leagues and you pretty much have to redraft or wait at least 2 full seasons.
Team 1 (12 team

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:45 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:10 pm This probably should be moved to the 2QB/Superflex subforum, unless the league also includes a salary cap or IDP element, in which case you need to wait until the appropriate subforum opens, namely the 2QB/Superflex IDP Salary Cap subforum. Not to be confused with the 2QB/Superflex IDP Sans Salary Cap subforum.
People ask for a superflex sub, we get it, now people complain! I dont get it!

to op i think it should be superflex, i also think you should wait 2-3 years to give everyone time to adjust in drafts trades etc
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Don't change your scoring system. No one should be advising that it changes QB values. That's an inaccuracy perpetrated by newer "experts" that think value is determined across positions not within one.

Changing your starting requirements (like implementing SF) is the best way to change their valuation. As others have suggested, allow a couple years of preparation for owners. I don't think you should implement until at least the 2020 season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:44 am

snaps06 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:13 pm ...I suggest superflex with a 2 year window to adjust lineups and draft accordingly. You can't just jump into a superflex in one offseason. Add an additional flex in year one, and move to superflex in year 2.

:thumbup:

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Postby DonBrazi » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:17 am

In my view, the first thing your league has to do is accept that there is no 'fair' way to convert. Some people will win and others will lose. If people demand using a method that isn't 'unfair', they will never make the change. In that case, it's best, in my view, to just start from scratch. But if a league is serious about making the change, accepting some level of inequality is essential.
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:02 am

The only way to really do it is create a new league.

If everyone is not on board - you do not do it. I polled my league couple years ago, 2 owners objected so I did not do it.

And I doubt everyone will be on board. People have been shaping their team as a 1QB league. Going superflex is about as dramatic a change you can get.

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:26 am

:roll:

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:37 am

I'm in a league switching over. It was a unanimous vote, until draft there is a 3 qb limit (prevents someone from grabbing qb's off ww), after draft there will be no limit, additional flex spot was added this year, switching to superflex in 2019, roster sizes were also increased by 4.
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:47 am

go to sf and give it 3 years till the switch happens. best way to really make it fair wold be balance the scoring so the superflex spot can be used on something other than QB and not kill your chances
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:38 am

Keep the old league

Make a new league

More leagues=Better
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"