Luck begins to throw

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Luck begins to throw

Postby skip » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:37 am

Phaded wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:33 am I believe it is notable because as you mentioned, he really should not be a starting quarterback on a team but they are rejecting offers of a trade for him; which for a team like Indy would be a great idea to get some value out of a guy who is not your future. Indy needs to realize they need a full blown rebuild at this point. They have very little going for them. Yeah, he's not making much money - but to me it just points to a guy they want to keep around who performed "decently" for the what is appearing to be likely scenario that Luck is not ready in just over 4 months.
I think we will know a lot more a week from now. If there are concerns, trade discussions surrounding Brissett aren't the "tell", it will be if the Colts draft a QB. If they are going to look to replace Luck, it will be from this draft, not elsewhere. There was never a single murmur around any free agent so that by itself is meaningful. If they get past the draft, then I believe that there is a pretty firm belief they are comfortable with Luck's health this upcoming season. There is no way I see them waiting out into another draft class.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:38 am

skip wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:28 am
Phaded wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:03 am At the same time they've turned down multiple offers for Brissett.
And I don't see that as a sign of anything aside from money.
Obviously it also means they think he's worth rostering as a backup starter; that the salary makes it an easier decision doesn't alter that point. Whether it's for 800 grand or 4 million, NFL teams don't roster 2nd-string QBs out of charity.
While he may know the system, does anyone honestly believe that Brissett should be on the field leading a team on Sunday afternoons?
All the teams that offered to buy him obviously don't hate the idea.

The clipboard holder active on gameday is supposed to be a guy the team doesn't mind as a Plan B for leading the team on Sunday afternoons.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:40 am

If they don't love any of the quarterbacks that are there at #6 or earlier into the 2nd or 3rd though; they could continue to wait until next year. As I mentioned, the Colts are in a position where they need help everywhere. They drafted Andrew Luck; didn't have the team around him and got him killed. Are they going to make the same mistake?

The Colts are a great candidate to be picking again very early next year; and while I do not follow college enough to know of the quality of quarterbacks next year, they do not need to draft a successor now if Luck is not ready.

The Colts are in a place where they need to take the best players available and since quarterbacks are traditionally reaches, that would be a poor idea for them this year.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:56 pm

Where are people getting the info that they're rejecting trades for Brisset?

Edit: nvm just saw it on rotoworld.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat May 19, 2018 4:46 pm

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/n ... 625783002/

I'll take it!

From the appearance of his triceps in the one pic, you could certainly assume his shoulder is strong enough to attempt skull-crushers in the weight room.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 19, 2018 5:04 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:46 pm https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/n ... 625783002/

I'll take it!

From the appearance of his triceps in the one pic, you could certainly assume his shoulder is strong enough to attempt skull-crushers in the weight room.
Probably had to hit the ice bath after that.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat May 19, 2018 5:43 pm

...lol...
Thought I missed something relevant.

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat May 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Phaded wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:43 pm ...lol...
Thought I missed something relevant.
Well if football doesn't work out, Luck can work out for a living and become a bodybuilder.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dc2qtpLWsAAo9nP.jpg
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sat May 19, 2018 9:34 pm

The important questions is: did he throw any kids?
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 19, 2018 9:37 pm

jtd1387 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:34 pm The important questions is: did he throw any kids?
Yes, but they were "weighted".
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Sun May 20, 2018 3:37 pm

I'll start caring when he's throwing around kids named Duke.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely