Re: Luck begins to throw

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:26 pm

lol he's not throwing a tennis ball

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:34 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:26 pm lol he's not throwing a tennis ball
Its weighted exercise balls
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:55 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:04 pm Luck is a throw in except to his owners who can’t face reality.
I may not have a snarky comment to post, but I will bring this back up about week 2 or 3 of this upcoming season

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:09 pm

Maximus891 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:11 amYou guys need to update your QB scoring to make the good ones more relevant and the bad ones make you not want to start a QB that week, lol get -12 points from a QB and it can ruin your day
But yes as mentioned before its only a tennis ball nothing to get too excited about
Screw you Jay Cutler and your -7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:34 pm

pierson242 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:34 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:26 pm lol he's not throwing a tennis ball
Its weighted exercise balls
lol Yeah I wasn't being serious it was a tennis ball..
I was teasing - but, my main point was he is not throwing footballs yet.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:54 pm

ZPalmtree wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:55 pm
thebeast wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:04 pm Luck is a throw in except to his owners who can’t face reality.
I may not have a snarky comment to post, but I will bring this back up about week 2 or 3 of this upcoming season
Values are always changing. The reality is today you have a qb who hasn’t thrown in over a year. Your assessment that he will return to his previous form is based on nothing more than what you want to happen. And I acknowledge you may get your wish, but to value the guy like it is a certainty is simply silly.

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:08 pm

thebeast wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:54 pm
Values are always changing. The reality is today you have a qb who hasn’t thrown in over a year. Your assessment that he will return to his previous form is based on nothing more than what you want to happen. And I acknowledge you may get your wish, but to value the guy like it is a certainty is simply silly.
When did I say he would return to his previous form? What assessment? I’d argue you’re in the same shoes from your perspective. Maybe this is an opportunity to zag while everyone is zigging. I’m not saying he will ever come close to his previous value l, but for you to consider him a throw in is silly to me.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:15 pm

ZPalmtree wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:08 pm

When did I say he would return to his previous form? What assessment? I’d argue you’re in the same shoes from your perspective. Maybe this is an opportunity to zag while everyone is zigging. I’m not saying he will ever come close to his previous value l, but for you to consider him a throw in is silly to me.
False. My perspective is based on the FACT that he hasn’t thrown a football in over a year. I’m not speculating about that and if you’re not an owner hat is what you should base you value on. He has continuously missed ‘targets’ to start throwing again.

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:16 pm

thebeast wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:15 pm

False. My perspective is based on the FACT that he hasn’t thrown a football in over a year. I’m not speculating about that and if you’re not an owner hat is what you should base you value on. He has continuously missed ‘targets’ to start throwing again.
Sheesh.
So with today’s group think, some like yourself, think he won’t ever play again. I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t hang onto him. He has shown that has has the capabilities to be an elite QB. Both mentally and physically. Yes his throwing shoulder is a very critical part of him being him. But just the very fact that this guy who has been profiled as one of the smartest qbs we have seen is a good enough reason for me to throw him a bone and see if he can recoup SOME of his value.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:31 pm

I just bought him in my 16 team start 2QB. Basically paid Matty Ice, 2018 1.12, and a 2019 1st (hopefully late) for Luck. I thought given this type of league, that I got a steal. I’m a gambling man and if he comes back to form, then I would say it’s a win. If he never plays again, it’s obvioisly a loss. I can live with him coming back and playing at Matty Ice level.

All that being said, if/when he comes back to form, you won’t be able to buy him for what I paid for him. His value will be close to untouchable because the owners who have him likely held him knowing/hoping he would return.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:58 pm

This is a really silly post and a silly point.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:50 pm

I'm so glad that I sold him for Deshaun Watson in October November of last year. No way do I want to go down with the SS Luck. Too many red flags. Too grave a consequence if the guys shoulder, which is one of the most complex joints in the body, doesn't get back to where it needs to be.

I try to keep my analysis simple. This is one situation where the writing is on the wall in big fat black letters.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:30 am

Vcize wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:58 pm
This is a really silly post and a silly point.
What could be more relevant than the fact that Luck hasn’t thrown over the past year and has continuously missed targets to resume throwing? What is silly is that some people just expect that he is going to be ok. The guy hasn’t thrown for over a year, do you know the effort it takes to throw a ball 40+ yards down the field? How many throws will that shoulder hold up for once he starts throwing? A guy in one of my leagues sold him for Mahomes straight up late last year and I think he’s a pretty smart owner. Its possible he returns to form and is just fine, but with every day that he isn't on the field I believe that becomes less likely. QBs aren't that valuable in fantasy to begin with unless you're in a superflex or very deep league and as such Luck just isn't worth much anymore. Clearly it's not just me, look at the most recent adp. Tarik Cohen, Alex Collins, Andrew Luck, Chris Thompson... That sounds a little light even to me, but that is throw in range.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:07 am

slaughterrt wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:31 pm I just bought him in my 16 team start 2QB. Basically paid Matty Ice, 2018 1.12, and a 2019 1st (hopefully late) for Luck. I thought given this type of league, that I got a steal. I’m a gambling man and if he comes back to form, then I would say it’s a win. If he never plays again, it’s obvioisly a loss. I can live with him coming back and playing at Matty Ice level.

All that being said, if/when he comes back to form, you won’t be able to buy him for what I paid for him. His value will be close to untouchable because the owners who have him likely held him knowing/hoping he would return.
With 32 QBs starting each week (what do you guys do for bye weeks???) taking on the risk of luck is definitely worth it
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:49 am

Report came out - still not throwing real size footballs.
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/ ... 3047236609