Landry tagged

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Landry tagged

Postby bsp27 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:15 pm

Lol what an atrocious move. 16 million for 7 ypt and a 4.77. Looks like the Dolphins are going to marginalize their two best receivers - Stills and Parker - for another year.

*sigh*
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:01 pm

kris_kapsner wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:57 pm The language in the player's agreement no longer allows for a player to be tagged and traded to the best of my knowledge. Now a team may only tag a player if they have the intention of rostering the player for that season. In this case though, another team could give up the picks to get him since it isn't exclusive. I highly doubt that happens though.
It’s my understanding that tagging for the purpose of trading is now banned, but a tagged player can still be traded.
The standard is the standard.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:31 am

So those speculative reports of Washington considering tagging Cousins to be able to recoup something in a trade...that was just the reporters talking out of their asses...or Washington forgot the rules...? No surprise either way

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:32 am

This is a bit of a shocker. However rotoworld alludes to the fact that they tagged him as quickly as possible to hopefully facilitate a trade. Not sure what rule you all are referring to that doesn't allow that. I think that a trade would have to include his agreement to a long term deal. I still think he will not be a Dolphin this year.

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:08 am

Blast. Signed a Carroo owner.
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 7
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Sanders, Pearce
WR: Jefferson, Burks, JuJu
TE: Goedert, Everett
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 6.
QB: Jackson, Allen
RB: Akers, CEH
WR: Chase, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams
TE: Tonyan, Hooper
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr 5.
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Brady
RB: Singletary, Harris
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Burks, Evans, Lockett
TE: Hockenson
2023: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:58 am

pokerface40 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:32 am This is a bit of a shocker. However rotoworld alludes to the fact that they tagged him as quickly as possible to hopefully facilitate a trade. Not sure what rule you all are referring to that doesn't allow that. I think that a trade would have to include his agreement to a long term deal. I still think he will not be a Dolphin this year.
I am curious as to why tag him (quickly) instead of trying to work out a long term deal?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:04 am

Being the non exclusive tag, I am assuming it is so Landry can still get offers and the Phins can see his worth without outright losing him.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:13 am

kris_kapsner wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:57 pm The language in the player's agreement no longer allows for a player to be tagged and traded to the best of my knowledge. Now a team may only tag a player if they have the intention of rostering the player for that season. In this case though, another team could give up the picks to get him since it isn't exclusive. I highly doubt that happens though.
In theory, but if a player is okay with the move and the team can afford it, who's going to know? The issue with Cousins is the Skins don't have the cap space to retain him and Cousins wants no part of a tag & trade, so he would no doubt not sign the tender and the team would be screwed by the cap even if he didn't take up the issue with the union.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:49 am

So far my uber-speculative adds of Colt McCoy and Carroo have blown up in a jiffy lol.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:38 am

benpickering44 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:15 pm Lol what an atrocious move. 16 million for 7 ypt and a 4.77. Looks like the Dolphins are going to marginalize their two best receivers - Stills and Parker - for another year.

*sigh*
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:57 am

pierson242 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:38 am
benpickering44 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:15 pm Lol what an atrocious move. 16 million for 7 ypt and a 4.77. Looks like the Dolphins are going to marginalize their two best receivers - Stills and Parker - for another year.

*sigh*
there is a reason the dolphins gave Kenny Stills a 4 year extension and reluctantly franchise tagged Jarvis Landry after trying to trade him for the last year.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:03 pm

How do you know that they "reluctantly" tagged him?
Tagging someone on the first day of eligibility does not scream reluctance.
If the Dolphins were really "trying to trade him" - they would have found a suitor; but they probably were asking a very high price so they did not trade him.

It's not like Stills was given starter money - and he has an out in his contract after the 2018 season, so he may not remain if Landry stays.
Although my guess is that Parker is the one that is done.

DynaChee
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DynaChee » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:40 pm

Sigh

Is it time to let go of Caroo. Have him in leagues 24 roster to 29 roster.
have multiple shares scooping him off waivers to spending a mid 2nd in 1 league

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:43 pm

benpickering44 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:57 am
pierson242 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:38 am

*sigh*
there is a reason the dolphins gave Kenny Stills a 4 year extension and reluctantly franchise tagged Jarvis Landry after trying to trade him for the last year.
At a cheap price that they can easily bail out of! Landry is a stud aside from Stills getting a contract you have no reasoning that hes better. Landry is a ppr monster and has a great YAC he is very efficient and reliable. Pro Bowler, the whole 9 yards. Parker and Stills are jags
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:49 pm

DynaChee wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:40 pm Sigh

Is it time to let go of Caroo. Have him in leagues 24 roster to 29 roster.
have multiple shares scooping him off waivers to spending a mid 2nd in 1 league
Unless he's traded or cut by Phins, Carroo seems like he's buried on the depth chart until his next contract. I loved him as a prospect but the guy was getting out snapped by Jakeem Grant last year. If you drafted him you were supposed to be patient, but not a lot of optimism left at this point.

I actually got rid of him a few weeks ago in a package trade that was offered to me. Unexpectedly good timing I guess.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th