Landry tagged

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Landry tagged

Postby darewood11 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:04 pm

Just odd that all you hear is that they are parting ways and both sides want to move on and then they tag him on the first day

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:07 pm

To me it just sounds like them playing hard ball with eachother on price.

I remember reading about a month ago they were going to look at negotiating a long term deal.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:20 pm

Dolphins have proven they are a dysfunctional organization so whatever path they take with Landry won't surprise me. I think trying to read into this early franchise tag is like trying to read the mind of an insane person.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:34 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:20 pm Dolphins have proven they are a dysfunctional organization so whatever path they take with Landry won't surprise me. I think trying to read into this early franchise tag is like trying to read the mind of an insane person.
I'll second this.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:38 pm

pierson242 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:43 pm
benpickering44 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:57 am
pierson242 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:38 am

there is a reason the dolphins gave Kenny Stills a 4 year extension and reluctantly franchise tagged Jarvis Landry after trying to trade him for the last year.
At a cheap price that they can easily bail out of! Landry is a stud aside from Stills getting a contract you have no reasoning that hes better. Landry is a ppr monster and has a great YAC he is very efficient and reliable. Pro Bowler, the whole 9 yards. Parker and Stills are jags
a 4 year deal worth $32 million with $19 million guarantees is not easy to bail out of.

Jarvis Landry had a +2.7 production premium (#45) with 6.1 YPT (#88) while Kenny Stills had a +14.0 (#19) production premium with 8.1 YPT (#38)

Not to mention Stills had a slightly higher yards of separation when targeted.

Stills is clearly the more efficient player, fantasy points don't define the skill of a player.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:51 pm

benpickering44 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:38 pm

there is a reason the dolphins gave Kenny Stills a 4 year extension and reluctantly franchise tagged Jarvis Landry after trying to trade him for the last year.
At a cheap price that they can easily bail out of! Landry is a stud aside from Stills getting a contract you have no reasoning that hes better. Landry is a ppr monster and has a great YAC he is very efficient and reliable. Pro Bowler, the whole 9 yards. Parker and Stills are jags
a 4 year deal worth $32 million with $19 million guarantees is not easy to bail out of.

Jarvis Landry had a +2.7 production premium (#45) with 6.1 YPT (#88) while Kenny Stills had a +14.0 (#19) production premium with 8.1 YPT (#38)

Stills is clearly the more efficient player, fantasy points don't define the skill of a player.
I completely disagree with this, and I like Stills quite a bit. I've watched a whole lot of both, and haven't seen anything at all to indicate Stills being supreme to Landry. Stats don't tell the whole story.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:20 pm Dolphins have proven they are a dysfunctional organization so whatever path they take with Landry won't surprise me. I think trying to read into this early franchise tag is like trying to read the mind of an insane person.
Iwonder how much Coach Gase dumping on Landry pretty much from the moment he got there affects this apparent dysfunction.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:05 am

It is as if you've never watched them play. I'll just leave it at that. Enough said.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:40 am

Don't think it's easy to compare as they aren't similar players but it's probably fair to say that Stills is an underrated WR and if he got passed anything of Landry's market share, could he be a Top 15 WR?

The difference today is, Jarvis is helping people win championships year over year, Stills is helping people win certain weeks year over year.

Playing against Jarvis in 1Pt PPR scoring is maddening...pretty remarkable he never broke 100 yards once this season.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:45 am

ilangoneverdies wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:34 pm
I'll second this.
Dolphins are en route to becoming maybe not the Browns, but on par with the Jets. Good call on just calling them dysfunctional and moving on
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:46 am

JFever wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:05 am

It is as if you've never watched them play. I'll just leave it at that. Enough said.
lmao so apparently watching someone play is more validation of their value than the stats. If you did watch them play, then you would clearly see that Stills stretches the defense and allows for more room underneath. Stills is more valuable, and the stats prove it.

I don't see the value in watching a player running 4 yard slants all game.
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,

Devy superflex
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:20 am

benpickering44 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:46 am

lmao so apparently watching someone play is more validation of their value than the stats. If you did watch them play, then you would clearly see that Stills stretches the defense and allows for more room underneath. Stills is more valuable, and the stats prove it.

Just to be clear here. You're admitting you don't watch either guy, right?

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:48 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:20 am

i have lol but

factual data > eye test

Devy superflex

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:09 pm

benpickering44 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:48 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:20 am

i have lol but

factual data > eye test
Ok good, just checking. I think the eye test = factual data in terms of importance.

I'd also argue that Landry is an extremely valuable player to have and far superior to Stills, who Pro Football Focus graded as their WR88.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:03 pm

88.. wow.. that's low.
lol