Landry tagged

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Landry tagged

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:55 pm

Are there even 88 receivers in the nfl with enough targets to make an accurate determination of their play?

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:04 pm

Interesting bit in Landry, and the impact of his tag on Miami's cap- http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Ba ... l-barnwell
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:04 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:55 pm Are there even 88 receivers in the nfl with enough targets to make an accurate determination of their play?
I guess so. I don't subscribe so I can't see the list.

Jacob
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jacob » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:43 pm

(USA Today Fantasy Sports) The Tennessee Titans could trade for Miami Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.

I don't know how I would feel about him going to the Titans. Value drops a bit, I would think.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:57 am

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:09 pm
benpickering44 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:48 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:20 am

Just to be clear here. You're admitting you don't watch either guy, right?
i have lol but

factual data > eye test
Ok good, just checking. I think the eye test = factual data in terms of importance.

I'd also argue that Landry is an extremely valuable player to have and far superior to Stills, who Pro Football Focus graded as their WR88.
if you actually think the "eye test" is equally telling of a player's efficiency than the literal numbers then i can't help you.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

cornhole2412
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cornhole2412 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:19 am

benpickering44 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:38 pm
a 4 year deal worth $32 million with $19 million guarantees is not easy to bail out of.

Jarvis Landry had a +2.7 production premium (#45) with 6.1 YPT (#88) while Kenny Stills had a +14.0 (#19) production premium with 8.1 YPT (#38)

Not to mention Stills had a slightly higher yards of separation when targeted.

Stills is clearly the more efficient player, fantasy points don't define the skill of a player.
Numbers can be deceiving. Would the nearly 60 more targets have anything to do with that disparity? Also YPC doesn't give an accurate representation of how valuable a player is to his team. Give me the guy catching 100+ balls and picking up 60 first downs, over the guy running 9 routes on 70% of his snaps, and inflating the YPC disparity against the guy who caught over TWICE as many passes. Keep the analytics in baseball. Eye test is huge in football, and if you ran a poll here, 99% of forum goers are taking Landry in fantasy and real life
All my teams suck. And I'm not in your league.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:52 am

benpickering44 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:57 amif you actually think the "eye test" is equally telling of a player's efficiency than the literal numbers then i can't help you.
To dismiss the eye test is obnoxious.
Numbers are subjective and not concrete in Football as there are far too many other variables.
You can find numbers to literally support or condemn every single player.

If you actually think the numbers tell everything, then I can't help you.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:38 am

Phaded wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:52 am
benpickering44 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:57 amif you actually think the "eye test" is equally telling of a player's efficiency than the literal numbers then i can't help you.
Numbers are subjective and not concrete in Football as there are far too many other variables.

'facts are subjective' LOL
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,

Devy superflex
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Eye test over numbers easily. It helps to use combo of each obviously. Huge mistake to rely too heavily on numbers.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:33 pm

Relying solely on statistics without seeing how they are produced is totally meaningless for predicting future performances. There are far too many variables in the game of football to make sense of the numbers when taken out of contexts.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:59 pm

benpickering44 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:38 am
Phaded wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:52 am

'facts are subjective' LOL
The 'eye test' is significantly more telling than raw numbers as long as you have a basic understanding of football analysis

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:56 pm

pierson242 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:43 pm
benpickering44 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:57 am

there is a reason the dolphins gave Kenny Stills a 4 year extension and reluctantly franchise tagged Jarvis Landry after trying to trade him for the last year.
At a cheap price that they can easily bail out of! Landry is a stud aside from Stills getting a contract you have no reasoning that hes better. Landry is a ppr monster and has a great YAC he is very efficient and reliable. Pro Bowler, the whole 9 yards. Parker and Stills are jags
a 4 year deal worth $32 million with $19 million guarantees is not easy to bail out of.

Jarvis Landry had a +2.7 production premium (#45) with 6.1 YPT (#88) while Kenny Stills had a +14.0 (#19) production premium with 8.1 YPT (#38)

Stills is clearly the more efficient player, fantasy points don't define the skill of a player.
Challenge. They have very different roles. I would also guess Landry is far more involved in many facets of the offense while Stills
Is a situational player. Don’t talk yourself into false realities.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:02 am

cornhole2412 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:19 am

Numbers can be deceiving. Would the nearly 60 more targets have anything to do with that disparity? Also YPC doesn't give an accurate representation of how valuable a player is to his team. Give me the guy catching 100+ balls and picking up 60 first downs, over the guy running 9 routes on 70% of his snaps, and inflating the YPC disparity against the guy who caught over TWICE as many passes. Keep the analytics in baseball. Eye test is huge in football, and if you ran a poll here, 99% of forum goers are taking Landry in fantasy and real life
there is a large difference between yards per target and yards per catch. I never used yards per catch in any of my arguments.

yet even more statistical evidence proving Jarvis Landry is criminally overrated. he literally picks up a first down on 15% of his third down receptions.

But i guess this is irrelevant because your subjective and biased 'eye test' keeps telling you that Jarvis Landry is good.

And saying 'keep the analytics in baseball' I'll have you know that the Eagles won the super bowl by embracing analytics. https://thepowerrank.com/2018/02/13/phi ... uper-bowl/
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 10.57.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 10.57.26 PM.png (172.64 KiB) Viewed 221 times

Devy superflex

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:46 am

Question - I own Corey Davis and Landry and am absolutely TERRIFIED at the prospect of him being traded to the Titans... although Landry is a slot WR by nature and Corey an outside: best case scenario they have a competent QB but one that can unlikely support the fantasy stock of both. My MFL has been blowing up for offers for C. Davis for months, the most recent of which was Joe Mixon and Njoku for C. Davis.

I know we can't go off rumors, but what to do I do? Pray they don't trade him to TEN and hang on to C. Davis, or overpay by my calculations a Njoku (Mixon = Davis presumption)? As always, thanks in advance.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:40 am

benpickering44 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:02 am
cornhole2412 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:19 am

there is a large difference between yards per target and yards per catch. I never used yards per catch in any of my arguments.

yet even more statistical evidence proving Jarvis Landry is criminally overrated. he literally picks up a first down on 15% of his third down receptions.

But i guess this is irrelevant because your subjective and biased 'eye test' keeps telling you that Jarvis Landry is good.

And saying 'keep the analytics in baseball' I'll have you know that the Eagles won the super bowl by embracing analytics. https://thepowerrank.com/2018/02/13/phi ... uper-bowl/
Where did you pull that 3rd down stat from, because it's pretty blatantly wrong? He made the necessary yards on 17 of the 37 times he was targetted on third down. You can look this up by quickly glossing over his receiving plays in PFR.

As for YPT, it's better than YPR, but it's still not something you can use as the sole determinant of who the better receiver is. Otherwise, you're arguing that Jakeem Grant was the best receiver on the team.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker