Crowd-Sourced Rookie Rankings

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Crowd-Sourced Rookie Rankings

Postby Friction » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:46 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:10 pm
Friction wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:14 am The thing with Michel is, where we he be ranked if he did not have a big game against OU? I did not hear anybody mention him near the top of the 1st before that, and I was trying to talk myself into him being a sneaky prospect at the end of the round. Not denying his talent or anything, and I know we will never know his ranking if his performance in the CFP did not happen. The same happened with Scarborough last year, except he did not enter the draft (and his following season was subpar). I know most will say they had his talent pegged before that, but I honestly did not hear or see it anywhere until after the game on a national stage. I actually don't like my picks that fell between 3-5, as I think a big tier of rookies after that are similar to me. At this stage at least. I am sure the combine and draft will vault a couple/few into the second tier.
I usually try not to follow CFB hype and just scout prospects after the season. Michel looks like he belongs in that Chubb/Jones tier.
I hear ya, I figured that had a lot to do with it too. I do not necessarily agree/disagree with it, I just do not want to get to caught up in the Group Think or hype type situations. I actually had said somewhere on here earlier in the year that i liked him more than Chubb, and a couple people were besides themselves with such blasphemy. There definitely is some recency bias there just like there can be in March Madness with a guy going nuts in the tourney and especially the Final 4. Nothing wrong with it by any stretch.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:09 am

junk_monkey wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:57 pm I also set one up last year to troll the league, asking them to vote on which team they thought was the strongest, which was good fun.
My league #1 is all locals and friends so there's a ton of bleep giving. I'm definitely stealing this idea come pre-season time and seeing if we can make our own pre-season power rankings and watch everyone bitch about their spot lol
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:07 pm

Rankings looking pretty good so far. Current top 10 after ~4000 votes is:

Saquon Barkley - 98
Derrius Guice - 96
Sony Michel - 93
Nick Chubb - 92
Ronald Jones - 88
Calvin Ridley - 87
James Washington - 86
Courtland Sutton - 84
Rashaad Penny - 81
Kerryon Johnson - 77

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:35 am

I like this crowd-sourced ranking bit.

Will a new one have to be made post NFL draft, or do we keep voting on this same one, even if our values change based on landing spots?
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:55 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:35 am I like this crowd-sourced ranking bit.

Will a new one have to be made post NFL draft, or do we keep voting on this same one, even if our values change based on landing spots?
I imagine we'll need a new one, but junkmonkey knows better than I do.

junk_monkey
Role Player
Role Player

Postby junk_monkey » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:55 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:35 am I like this crowd-sourced ranking bit.

I'll set up a new one. Or new ones - PPR, non-PPR and 2QB were the suggested variants.

The more selections are made, the more selections need to be made to amend the rankings, but also, because different circumstances are now in place you'd probably want a new set of rankings anyway.

Say a WR makes a leap because he's going to Green Bay and before he was number 20 in the rankings but now the consensus would place him at 12 - well, he's unlikely to get to number 12 in the rankings because all of those that placed him at 20 drag him down and he'll end up at 16...

I think I've explained that terribly, but it's been a long day so I'm going to leave it at that...
The DynaBowl Fantasy Football League (Commissioner) est 2014
10 team non-PPR, $600 salary cap, full IDP (big play), 50 Roster spots, 10 Taxi
QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE (2 offensive flex), K, PN, 1-2 DT, 2 DE, 3-4 LB, 2 CB, 2 S (1 defensive flex)
Team: Dynablaster Bombermen
Roster - Too big to post(!)
2019 - Champions; 2016 - 3rd

The ChatterBowl Redraft Fantasy Football League - est 2012 - 16 team, non-PPR
2014, 2015 - Champions, 2012 - 3rd, 2017 - 4th