Interesting comments from Carr on Amari

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Re: Interesting comments from Carr on Amari

Postby kris_kapsner » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:12 pm I can't believe we're actually going down this road but Carr made it seem like it was his foot not his knee or leg.

"that man was out there playing on one foot,” Carr said"
Playing on "one foot" or playing on "one leg" really is a matter of semantics.

I just personally feel like Cooper is ready to bounce back. He's 23 years old. He's as old as some rookies.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:59 pm

UATahoe wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:51 pm I snagged Amari, Mahomes, and the 2.04 for Mark Ingram. I'm loving the trade so far.
That is an outstanding Trade! I can't even get a 2019 1st for Ingram

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Yea I did t want to part with Ingram but I couldn’t pass that value up.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:34 pm

lol How are people here acting like this is news?

This was known during the season, if you were paying attention. Cooper has had ongoing foot issues since he basically came into the NFL.

I like Cooper and want him to succeed but even after being beyond poor his last 25 games, he is still being overvalued in fantasy. Hopefully people cashed out when he was being taken as THE WR3 cause it will not happen again. I would still be selling now with him being valued top 10.

But go ahead and overanalyze an exagerrated comment from the receiver's quarterback. Nothing could possibly go wrong. Sounds like more excuses for Coop.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:57 pm

I’m good with my investment in him and will pull for him. He is definitely a polarizing figure apparently that leaves a divided opinion. I am good with that.

2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Cooper's biggest problem remains his ability to release clean against press, not his health.
UATahoe wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:51 pm I snagged Amari, Mahomes, and the 2.04 for Mark Ingram. I'm loving the trade so far.
Well, it's robbery for you. So. Ingram is a 28-year-old RB with a budding superstar sharing his backfield, and his TD total in '17 reeks of career outlier.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:41 am

kris_kapsner wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:12 pm His floor is a WR2 and his ceiling is top 5.
Man I just don't get this... In his three seasons during weeks 1-16, Cooper has finished 24th, 17th, and 43rd overall (PPR scoring). His average points in that same time frame are 32nd, 20th, and 43rd.

Kind of looks like his ceiling is WR2 instead of that being his floor, but that might be a bit of an opposite overreaction. But I just don't see how anyone could say he is a possible top 5 WR. That's like saying Sammy Watkins could be a top 5 WR.

I mean 70+ catches and 1,000+ yards is nice, but he hasn't exceeded 7 TDs in a season yet. It just seems to me that Amari Cooper is being vastly overrated.

SnidelyWhiplash
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SnidelyWhiplash » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:21 pm

BigJoeWall72 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:41 am
kris_kapsner wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:12 pm His floor is a WR2 and his ceiling is top 5.
Man I just don't get this... In his three seasons during weeks 1-16, Cooper has finished 24th, 17th, and 43rd overall (PPR scoring). His average points in that same time frame are 32nd, 20th, and 43rd.

Kind of looks like his ceiling is WR2 instead of that being his floor, but that might be a bit of an opposite overreaction. But I just don't see how anyone could say he is a possible top 5 WR. That's like saying Sammy Watkins could be a top 5 WR.

I mean 70+ catches and 1,000+ yards is nice, but he hasn't exceeded 7 TDs in a season yet. It just seems to me that Amari Cooper is being vastly overrated.
I couldn't agree more!
12 team superflex /.5ppr/ 25 man rosters/3 IR
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,2Flex,Superflex, DST
QB: Rodgers, Brees, Cousins, Bridgewater
RB: Kamara, Jacobs, Kerryon, Carson,
WR: Hopkins, Julio, Lockett, A.J. Brown, McLaurin, Davis
TE: Jonnu, Ebron
DST: Chargers

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:33 pm

Well, the counter argument is that the Raiders as a whole were very down last year when he was 43rd overall, and being 24th as a 21 year old rookie and 17th as a 22 year old second year player playing across from a 89 catch 1000 yard receiver as pretty good. The chances of Cooper (or Sammy) putting up a Top 5 season isn't that unrealistic at all.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:46 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:34 pm lol How are people here acting like this is news?

This was known during the season, if you were paying attention. Cooper has had ongoing foot issues since he basically came into the NFL.

I like Cooper and want him to succeed but even after being beyond poor his last 25 games, he is still being overvalued in fantasy. Hopefully people cashed out when he was being taken as THE WR3 cause it will not happen again. I would still be selling now with him being valued top 10.

But go ahead and overanalyze an exagerrated comment from the receiver's quarterback. Nothing could possibly go wrong. Sounds like more excuses for Coop.
This is an extremely important point. If injury is the cause, when was the injury exactly? Cooper was abymal the second half of 2016 while the Raiders were not slumping...has Cooper had multiple injuries that would explain this incredible dry spell?

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:38 am

Oddball456 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:33 pm

Well, the counter argument is that the Raiders as a whole were very down last year when he was 43rd overall, and being 24th as a 21 year old rookie and 17th as a 22 year old second year player playing across from a 89 catch 1000 yard receiver as pretty good. The chances of Cooper (or Sammy) putting up a Top 5 season isn't that unrealistic at all.
This ^^^

He was a WR2 as a rookie and 2nd year player. A down year when the whole offense was down doesn't mean he's forever locked into a WR2 ceiling. And, I see his upside (ceiling) as an elite talent...hence the comment that his ceiling is as high as it gets, in the top 5. Now, he may never get there. But, I also can't see him being worse than a WR2 for your team going forward. That's where my floor and ceiling comments come from. Just a matter of my opinion and you are welcome to disagree with my assessment of the 23 year old. :ewink:
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:50 am

Trades like this would never happen in any of my leagues. Good for you though. You took him to the shed.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:55 am

kris_kapsner wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:12 pm His floor is a WR2 and his ceiling is top 5. The guy is a physical freak. I expect a huge bounce back next season for that whole offense. That's why I just bought Cooper. I really like him.
I"m not seeing that. Too many better wr's out there to make that statement. But, I'm probably splitting hairs. I think Amari's ceiling is low end wr1 or somewhere around 10-12. Weekly though, I see him as having big upside weeks. But... his lows will leave you pissed off and out of the championship. He seems to be one of those. Also of note, I don't think Gruden will be airing it out. Much more likely to be a ball control offense and run first team. So... still a shot at weekly upside, but, over the course of the year, his lower games will bring him back to the wr2 range of production.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:34 am

JFever wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:50 am
Trades like this would never happen in any of my leagues. Good for you though. You took him to the shed.
I didnt expect him to take it either. He was hung up all year on getting rb help so i thought it couldnt hurt to offer him up to see what i could get in return. He was really down on Amari during the season and rightfully so. Took a stab and it actually worked out well. Definitely not the norm for our league but i will take it. Crazy thing is i had some guys message me and ask if i knew what i was doing or not. LOL

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez