Laquon Treadwell with another team?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Laquon Treadwell with another team?

Postby Phaded » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:09 pm

I am probably the lowest on Treadwell as anyone and flat out said he would bust in the predaft process.

That said, yes there is not a history of this working out but being on another team really could not make matters any worse for him..

BustedCoverage
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby BustedCoverage » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:25 pm

lol. Whoever you got this info from is full of chit.

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:26 pm

BustedCoverage wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:25 pm lol. Whoever you got this info from is full of chit.
weird 1st post
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

BustedCoverage
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby BustedCoverage » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:36 pm

kamihamster wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:26 pm
BustedCoverage wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:25 pm lol. Whoever you got this info from is full of chit.
weird 1st post
Have to start somewhere. lol. Why is it weird?
A: The Vikings coaching staff thinks that Treadwell has potential and value his blocking ability.
B: He wouldn't fetch proper trade value.

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:20 pm

So this just came to me with all the Cousins talk. IF the Vikings landed Cousins, is he a QB that would effectively use Treadwells skill set? If so, then maybe a trade for him isn't the best option. Although even if Cousins did, Treadwell still has to compete with Thielen and Diggs.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:55 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:09 pm I am probably the lowest on Treadwell as anyone and flat out said he would bust in the predaft process.

That said, yes there is not a history of this working out but being on another team really could not make matters any worse for him..
I'm just curious what you based your thoughts on? I find it self-serving and - pat me on the back-ish. But, if you saw something - congrats. Seems odd to me when people say things like that.

As a Vikings fan, and a guy that tries to stay plugged into what is going on in my home state of Minnesota. I see a young kid. A kid that was drafted young. A young wr with 2 seasons of NFL coaching under his belt. A kid with 2 seasons of maturing under his belt. A kid that is younger still than several rookie wr from this years draft class whom are currently preparing for the combine. A kid that not that long ago had a child of his own. A kid that is evolving into a young man and is settled down with the mother of his recent child. A young NFL WR that is on a defensive oriented team. * Hence a team that doesn't get into too many "shoot outs". A team that makes great attempts at being very balanced on offense. And --- he is behind two very talented and two very hard working wr's and a talented TE AND pass receiving rb.

Not much he can do but continue to work and wait his turn.

Great time to contemplate - Are you a talent over situation guy? Are you??? I see less and less patience from people in general as time goes on. We are an immediate gratification society with serious issues with recency bias and selective memories. Sad.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:27 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:28 pm
Life of Pablo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:15 am
kamihamster wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:29 pm Rumors and reports circulating that the Vikings might be shopping Treadwell for picks
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:36 pm I've heard the same thing about Doctson
I've dug around a little but haven't really found anything about this. Are there actual sources/links for this or is it merely radio people guessing or something? Genuinely curious.

Sorry, I think I heard it on a podcast. Don't remember which one.
It was a guest on the Rotounderworld pod who said the cowboys were inquiring about Doctson.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:36 pm

I see a way over rated wr that is at best 5th in line for targets with a completely unknown qb situation that is guaranteed 3.1 MM$ the next two years which will likely guarantee his roster spot but little else. If he were a 6th round pick he would have been cut and be languishing on someone's practice squad as opposed to people still dreaming he will be close to to where his draft capital said he may be. If the $ were not guaranteed he would get chopped to help make cap room to hire a qb to throw to the good wr on the roster. In fact were you wishing to take a shot on a high draft capitral wr on the vikes I suggest michael floyd he has been a mess but he at least has proven he can do it and he is cheaper than a bag of stale donuts these days.
When the NFL renews its practice of patience perhaps it will be warranted but a new class of shiny players come down the pike every year and nearly all of them will cost less than 3.1 MM$ guaranteed the next 2 years . Guys just like the two that he is buried behind on the depth chart 5th rounder & an udfa if I recall although a vikes homer fact checker can verify that. Or perhaps keelan cole or tyrell williams or juju ( he can block ask burfict when he wakes up) or cooper kupp or chris godwin or michael thomas or ten other guys drafted after him the last 2 years that are cheaper - YOU get my meaning right !

He is a resounding bust make no mistake , can he salvage some semblance of a career well it is possible it happens but if you can get anything for him approaching a decent value I would explode the accept button from striking it so violently.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:52 pm

JFever wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:55 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:09 pm I am probably the lowest on Treadwell as anyone and flat out said he would bust in the predaft process.

I'm just curious what you based your thoughts on?
I'm also curious about this. I've got no skin in this game, but still curious what criteria led to a "flat out bust" call. My guess is 40 time. Seemed like most people calling for him to bust hated on his 40 time.

If I knew he was going to get traded, I'd give up a 3rd for him. But I'm not going to give up a 3rd just for him to clog my roster for a few years while he sits behind Diggs and Thielen.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:01 pm

Sterling Archer wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:52 pm
JFever wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:55 pm

I'm just curious what you based your thoughts on?
I'm also curious about this. I've got no skin in this game, but still curious what criteria led to a "flat out bust" call. My guess is 40 time. Seemed like most people calling for him to bust hated on his 40 time.
It actually had nothing to do with his 40 time or even his combine, I thought he would bust even before the combine; all the combine numbers did was really reaffirm what was visible on the tape.

I am not by any means an expert - I have gotten pretty good at scouting wide receivers in my opinion, but when it comes to other skill positions, I am relatively inconsistent.

Without going into extreme detail as it has been a few years since I watched his tape - from what I recall, there were two MAJOR red flags for me when I watched him play. The first was that while he had a good share of contested catches, he regularly struggled to separate from college level defenders. While contested catches are great for highlight reels, contested catches won't cut it in the NFL - you need to be able to separate often to succeed; the fact he could not even do that regularly in college scared me off of him big time. He would have to try to separate against far superior competition so I had zero faith in him being able to do so. The second part of it was that he did not seem to play the game quickly or at a fast pace. When the number one thing you hear players say when going from college to the pros is that the game is a lot quicker, when someone is not playing at an amazing pace in college - that is also a major red flag for me.

JFever, it was not meant to be some sort of bragging when I said that so if it came across like that, I apologize - I really do not care what others think of my analysis as it is my analysis and I will not be swayed. My main reason for saying that was not everyone thought he was this surefire prospect that many were saying he was. I was not the only one saying he would bust, although I may have been the most outspoken of it.

He is still young and sure, he could turn it around but I would bet against it if I had to choose.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:10 pm

I was in a similar boat as you Phaded, though with me it was a combo of watching his college games and gut, which I trust for better or worse over most things. Live by the sword and die by the sword approach when it comes to that. I saw where he was going in drafts and knew there was no way he would end up on any of roster of mine, unless he plummeted in one of my rookie drafts. I think he would need a change of scenery too, since he is buried on the depth chart regardless and that at least does not look like it is changing anytime soon. If he did, you never know what could happen, but I still would be staying away from acquiring him unless the value was close to free or a throw in.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

RAB
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RAB » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:17 am

I drafted him as a rookie in the 5th round of my start up draft 2 years ago (SHOCKER ALERT: I didn't win that year). Now he sits on the FA list. That's probably where he stays. Even if the Vikings get Cousins he didn't do much to help out Doctson so that's still a question mark.
TEAM 1
10 team .5 PPR 1QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/DEF
2019 Champion
2020 Champion
QB-Lamar Jackson, Trey Lance
RB-CMC, Kamara, King Henry, Chubb,, Dillon, D.J., Tony Jones
WR-Metcalf, AJ Brown, Godwin, Arob, Mooney, Bryan Edwards
TE- Fant, Goedert, L. Thomas

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:18 am

I'm a Vikings fan. Its not just that he's behind Diggs (a 5th rounder) and Thielen (undrafted) as his two really good WRs he can't pass, Treadwell is just bad

He doesn't have crisp routes. They're round, very easy to cover, so he's never open and when he does have the ball thrown his way, he has a drop problem. He's not athletic enough to make up for these technique problems either.

He couldn't just not catch Diggs or Thielen, he couldn't even catch or pass Jarius Wright to be the Vikings WR3 ever.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:20 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:36 pm I see a way over rated wr that is at best 5th in line for targets with a completely unknown qb situation that is guaranteed 3.1 MM$ the next two years which will likely guarantee his roster spot but little else. If he were a 6th round pick he would have been cut and be languishing on someone's practice squad as opposed to people still dreaming he will be close to to where his draft capital said he may be. If the $ were not guaranteed he would get chopped to help make cap room to hire a qb to throw to the good wr on the roster. In fact were you wishing to take a shot on a high draft capitral wr on the vikes I suggest michael floyd he has been a mess but he at least has proven he can do it and he is cheaper than a bag of stale donuts these days.
When the NFL renews its practice of patience perhaps it will be warranted but a new class of shiny players come down the pike every year and nearly all of them will cost less than 3.1 MM$ guaranteed the next 2 years . Guys just like the two that he is buried behind on the depth chart 5th rounder & an udfa if I recall although a vikes homer fact checker can verify that. Or perhaps keelan cole or tyrell williams or juju ( he can block ask burfict when he wakes up) or cooper kupp or chris godwin or michael thomas or ten other guys drafted after him the last 2 years that are cheaper - YOU get my meaning right !

He is a resounding bust make no mistake , can he salvage some semblance of a career well it is possible it happens but if you can get anything for him approaching a decent value I would explode the accept button from striking it so violently.
So you think if he got a chance in a new place he'd be really good :doh:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:51 am

Correct me if i'm wrong but my theory is ppl who watch and/or paid attention to college football and were familiar with Treadwell before the NFL draft process liked him a lot more than ppl who don't watch college football like myself. I looked at his tape and was shocked that ppl thought he was the next Dez Bryant. I was more or less called and idiot for liking Doctson more.