Top 5 rookies before draft?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Top 5 rookies before draft?

Postby Vcize » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:46 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:42 am Definitely not a clear tier like last year with LF/Davis/Mixon/CMC/Cook
Well yeah if you're comparing what we have in February to what we had after the combine/draft last year then sure.

If anything at this point I'd say the top couple tiers are a lot clearer right now for this year than they were at the same point last year. Remember last year at this point it was Fournette/Cook and then a hodgepodge of like 15 guys. McCaffrey didn't jump to the top tier until he blew up the combine, Mixon at this point most people still thought would go undrafted in the NFL draft, and the Corey Davis hype hadn't built up yet and didn't really solidify him into a top tier player until he was drafted in the top 5 of the NFL draft into a situation that most people considered very good.

We already have things narrowed down pretty well this year. After the combine/draft adding more clarity to that, I think the tiers will be very clear.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:02 pm

Vcize wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:46 am
hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:42 am Definitely not a clear tier like last year with LF/Davis/Mixon/CMC/Cook
Well yeah if you're comparing what we have in February to what we had after the combine/draft last year then sure.

If anything at this point I'd say the top couple tiers are a lot clearer right now for this year than they were at the same point last year. Remember last year at this point it was Fournette/Cook and then a hodgepodge of like 15 guys. McCaffrey didn't jump to the top tier until he blew up the combine, Mixon at this point most people still thought would go undrafted in the NFL draft, and the Corey Davis hype hadn't built up yet and didn't really solidify him into a top tier player until he was drafted in the top 5 of the NFL draft into a situation that most people considered very good.

We already have things narrowed down pretty well this year. After the combine/draft adding more clarity to that, I think the tiers will be very clear.
Were they? I remember rejoicing that I had picks 5 and 6 in February as there seemed to be a top 6 tier of Cook/Fournette/M Williams/Mixon (dependant on draft round)/McCafrey was up there and then Davis

After the draft I traded my 8, 9, and 2.6 for the 1.3 mainly because I knew the 1.2 owner was wetting his pants at McCafrey before the draft and then after would for sure take him there leaving Davis for me
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Last year at this time it was fournette and Dalvin at 1-2. Then Williams and Davis at 3-4. After that, it was all speculation. If mccafrey do this, if mixon does that, let see juju run, what about these te’s. It was a cluster bunch

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:28 pm

spotxc wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:08 pm Last year at this time it was fournette and Dalvin at 1-2. Then Williams and Davis at 3-4. After that, it was all speculation. If mccafrey do this, if mixon does that, let see juju run, what about these te’s. It was a cluster bunch
Depends who you talk to, I was never a cmac fan but I had Mixon top 5 (was confident someone would grab him in the first 4 rnds) also at this time last year most people were higher on Davis and Mike than anyone seems to be on the wrs this year. If anything the combine pushed dalvin lower but cmac higher and probably pushed John Ross higher. People were trying to get picks anywhere in the top 6 since before Christmas last year, this class isn't bad but it doesn't stack up to the hype of last year outside of Barkley.

Jak
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jak » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:31 am

Barkley
Guice
Michel
Penny
Chubb
Cobra Kai
QB - P Rivers, M Mariota, R Tannehill
RB - L Bell, M Gordon, K Drake, R Burkhead, I Smith, G Edwards
WR - D Hopkins, B Cooks, C Godwin, R Anderson, A Miller, M Valdes-Scantling, J Gordon, D Pettis, P Williams
TE - G Kittle, H Henry, W Dissly

Barfly
QB - A Rodgers, J Winston, M Mariota
RB - L Bell, J Mixon, D Henderson, C Hyde, L Murray, J Jackson
WR - D Hopkins; AJ Green, S Diggs, C Godwin, D Pettis, L Fitzgerald, J Gordon, C Conley, P Williams
TE - A Hooper, H Henry, T Burton, M Andrews

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:45 am

I've got 1.7 in my dynasty. For me and for now before combine, there is 99.9% chances i won't see a guy of a Big 4 composed of Barkley, Guice, Sutton and Michel. After that, it's random and BPA/Need. So i will probably have to choose between one of Ridley, Chubb, Jones or Washington.