Stefon Diggs Thread: Traded to Buffalo!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Stefon Diggs

Postby gogobradyarm » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:05 am

Excellent route runner, highpoints the ball well, and is a premier contested catch WR. Far better than any WR in the 2018 class, only fell in the draft because of playing at Maryland and injuries. He is a little undersized for the NFL, which is why he is constantly getting dinged up, but AB is very similar in stature and play style, so if he can find the secret to staying healthy, big things can happen. I think he'll pull together a full 16 game stretch sooner than later. When he does that, he will put up mid WR1 stats. Bonus for not being a headcase like a lot of other players in the league. Would not trade for anything less than 1.02 if I was needy at RB.

PS: Double digit targets in each playoff game. When it was crunch time, they went to him. That is telling for his future. I pray for the day he gets 140+ targets in a season.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

McCloskey22
Captain
Captain

Postby McCloskey22 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:33 am

skip wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:33 pm
Madadamus wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:29 pm In the new February ADP Ryan puts out, he sits at 22 overall. He is sandwiched between Brandin Cooks and Christian McCaffrey. He's ahead of other receivers such as Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, T.Y. Hilton and Alshon Jeffrey. He's also ahead of Joe Mixon and Derrius Guice.
Doesn't belong ahead of any of those WRs other than maybe Alshon. Maybe. I have no problem with him valued over Mixon or Guice but I'm not as bullish on them as some.
I would take everyone on that listen, except maybe Alshon, over Diggs
12 team league - 1/2 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR/RB/TE)

QB - Dak Prescott , Alex Smith, Sam Darnold
RB - Ezekiel Elliott , Carlos Hyde , James White, TY Montgomery, Ronald Jones
WR - Mike Evans , Davante Adams , Dez Bryant, Robby Anderson, Zay Jones, Courtland Sutton
TE - Hunter Henry, Tyler Eifert, Rico Gathers, RSJ

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:23 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:05 amPS: Double digit targets in each playoff game. When it was crunch time, they went to him. That is telling for his future. I pray for the day he gets 140+ targets in a season.
The fact that Thielen was playing through an injured back had more to do with him getting so many targets rather than being the go to in crunch time.

That said - I am about as low on Diggs as they come. I was offered Diggs, Golloday & Gallman for Thielen and I declined it without much consideration. I know most here would probably take that.

I get why some like Diggs or see the allure in him, I personally do not have the same love for him though. Not that I do not like him, but I think he is overvalued; a lot of young players around here are though.

He will be one of those guys who people will either love him or not really care for him. There will not really be an in between.

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:01 pm

jeffster wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:21 am The hardest part for me is to explain his ranking over Thielen, who, on the same team, plays more healthy games, gets more targets, makes more catches, and then does more with them. Certainly his 5th round "draft pedigree" shouldn't make up the difference relative to Thielen being undrafted. Thielen is slightly taller and heavier, but they both have fairly typical size for a WR, so it can't be that either.

Is it just the three year age difference?

His 5th round pedigree is deceiving.. as he was a 5 star recruit going to college. Character issues are the reason he was a 5th round pick, not talent. I would rank Thielan and Diggs equal but prefer Diggs because he is younger.

Hawks Nest 12th Man
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hawks Nest 12th Man » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:48 am

smell career path similar to Cobb than AB for Diggs personally. ARobs year 3 numbers really bother me basically same situation and opportunities half production vs year 2.
DONKEY PUNCHERS....12 teams start 1qb, 1rb, 2wr, 1flex rb/wr/te, te, k, d/sp, 0.5ppr, all tds 6pts, 0.1pt run/rec yd, .033pt pass yd, .04 return yd all return tds 6pts, 20 player roster, 1 IR Spot, 2pt bonus all tds over 50yds...
QBs Luck, Mayfield
RBs McCaffery, Kerryon, Drake, Breida, Gio
WRs C. Davis, T Boyd, D Hamilton, Kupp, Westbrook, MVS, Callaway
TEs Engram, Graham, Hurst
DEF/SP Bills
K Elliot

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:12 am

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:20 am

It's party time :dance:

Good news for Vikings as a whole. 5 year extension, we get him for 6. I'm not seeing what the financials are but at this point, the only key signing the Vikes have left is Anthony Barr. Thielen signed a team friendly 4 year deal, it'd be awesome if Diggs' was a good amount but not a bank breaker

Vikings should be a team to contend for the next few years with the guys we have, and no one looking to leave any time soon. Now to just work on that whole not choking in playoffs thing.... I blame the purple jerseys being a constant reminder

Edit: Here's a tweet that looks pretty good to my Viking fan self:

Signed by #Vikings through at least 2020: Kirk Cousins, Everson Griffen, Danielle Hunter, Xavier Rhodes, Linval Joseph, Riley Reiff, Harrison Smith, Eric Kendricks, Dalvin Cook. Now Stefon Diggs joins the list.

That's a hell of a list. Adam Thielen not shown as his 4 year deal is up 2020 and he'll be 30, he's such a hometown guy though I'm sure they'll re-sign him to a 3 year deal then
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:17 am

Yeah, that somewhat surprised me, depending what it cost them. The Eagles showed what depth will do for you last season, so spending all your money on a core is good when they are all healthy. We will probably see this year how the defense responds to a couple key injuries, as 2 years in a row of clean health is pretty unheard of. As far as Diggs goes, it is good to lock up a young talent, even if his own health is far from great and he has yet to eclipse 1000 yards. I think most would say he is in that second to high third tier of WR talent in the NFL, and a lot of that may be a health thing. As far as the choking thing goes, I don't ever see that changing here, but I think you may be on to something with the jersey color. That was one of the main reasons I refused to ever wear a MN jersey when I was a kid. Might as well be pink.

Edit: I just saw 5 years/$81 Mil Ouch. Big investment on a WR who cannot stay healthy. I guess the sticker shock might change the thought of locking up young talent. Maybe they are trying to go the Warriors route, spend all your money on a core, pray for good health and fill in the depth of the roster with cheap talent.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:51 am

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports the contract is a five-year deal worth $72 million, with an $81 million max salary, and $40 million in guarantees. Diggs received a $15 million signing bonus plus this year's base is guaranteed ($16.9 million), Rapoport added. The $14.4 million base salary puts Diggs in the top 10 among receivers. If he reaches the max over five years, he'd earn $16.2 million per, which is on par with what Sammy Watkins and Brandin Cooks signed for this offseason.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:54 am

Yikes.

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:05 am

Daaaaammmmnnnnn some of y'all are tripping with these initial reactions. Diggs can stay healthy and when he is he's one of the best. Only receivers I'd rather have (irl, not fantasy) are AB, Julio, OBJ, Nuk, AJG, MT, and KA13. Maybe Evans? Maybe Fitz? Adams, nah. Thielen, nah. Baldwin, nah. Tyreek, nah. Cooks, nah. Hilton, nah. I realize that's just my opinion though.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:23 am

I think this is good news for Diggs owners. Continuity with the same staff (Head Coach at least, not OC) and three years together with Kurt should be good.

I think this is good news all around. He's a very talented player, and they're paying him accordingly. Much less productive Watkins got a deal like this (3 years but higher avg annual value of $16 I believe). WR's get paid.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:53 am

Good news for Diggs, Kirk Cousins, and the Vikings. A year from now, the money will look average as several contracts will surpass his.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:37 am

overrated cant stay on the field and goes missing at times.. but probably valued about where he should be ..if he can figure out how to stay on the field or stop disappearing he would rise in the rankings.. big if. there is a huge lack of young talent at the WR position in the NFL now, much talented needed there.. hopefully next year helps out..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:38 am

This is the new normal for WR's. Diggs is worth it when you consider age and skillset. He has little to no flaws as a WR and consistently grades out at an elite level in route running and separation stats. His Reception Perception numbers and PFF grades are outstanding there and match what's on tape.

He doesn't play well through injury (nobody does) but missing 5 games in 3 seasons (only missed games as a rookie as a coach's decision) due to injury isn't an abnormal occurrence.