Hunt accused of DV

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Hunt accused of DV

Postby skip » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:30 pm

As a Hunt owner, I can assure you this increases my interest in Ware exactly zero. None before, none now. I would probably add him from waivers but I see no reason to pay something for him.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:33 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 pm
slaughterrt wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:04 pm Innocent until proven guilty has no place in the NFL. Hell, even after not proven guilty, nfl players are still guilty.

It’s not just the nfl though. It’s society in general. A man’s life can ruined by a simple accusation, whether it’s true or not. Sad world we live in with no due process.
No one's life is being ruined over a six game suspension and Zeke had three instances of violence against his girlfriend according to the NFL investigation. I highly doubt we'll see the same hammer applied here, though Goodell is a bit of an idiot sometimes.
Was that every proved? The independent investigation stated to the nfl which left thisnoutbthat she thought the girl was making this up for the money ?
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:01 am

Likely to get 2 games reduced to 1 on appeal Imo ! , also sat out 2 games(2015) in college for unspecified violation . So not his first rodeo.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 am

Tvols wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:01 pm Does it even matter to the nfl if he is innocent but as long as he is charged ? He will get a 6 game like zeke just by she said he said ? This is going to develop into black mail since the nfl doesn’t care about the facts and wants to protect its image no matter if it’s true or not
I think Elliot's 6 game suspension had a lot to do with the following:
1. He allegedly beat up his girlfriend three times, left bruises, and there was no evidence supporting another explanation for those bruises.
2. WHILE UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR THIS he was filmed pulling a woman's top down AND he broke a dude's nose in a bar.
Elliot's was suspended officially for violating the league's personal conduct policy. While he was being investigated for this "he said she said" allegation, he twice made himself look like a shithead. There was no way he was avoiding a suspension at that point, regardless of what happened with his ex-gf.

This is wholly different from what happened with Hunt, which is that he shoved a woman (who was also charged!) who allegedly called him a racial slur.

Nobody has ever gone broke betting that Goodell will do the wrong thing, but man, this feels entirely different from the Elliot issue.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:26 am

Alex Smith saw this coming.. lol
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:33 am

I'll plant my flag saying that there is 0 repercussions.

This report provides the most detail and it sounds like it was just drunk shenanigans, filled with blurred stories, and both sides telling different stories to the police. It looks like when Hunt and Co., realized the girls they were with were not old enough to be out drinking with them all night on a party bus, they wanted to separate themselves from the situation by the end of the night. Not hard to imagine a drunk 19 year old college female takes getting kicked out an apartment at 4am lightly. As the police report notes, both the cops and front desk of the apartment building noted that girl was uncooperative.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ss ... hiefs.html

This is very different from the Reuben Foster accusations, where I believe the league will and should take serious action.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:44 am

McMahon is obviously planting fembots all around the NFL player scene to generate negative publicity so that his "good boy" XFL will be more appealing.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:03 am

Well if he didnt have that idea before he probably has it now. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:41 am

I'm just glad Mixon wasn't on that bus.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:47 am

slaughterrt wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:04 pm Innocent until proven guilty has no place in the NFL. Hell, even after not proven guilty, nfl players are still guilty.

It’s not just the nfl though. It’s society in general. A man’s life can ruined by a simple accusation, whether it’s true or not. Sad world we live in with no due process.
No one's life is being ruined over a six game suspension and Zeke had three instances of violence against his girlfriend according to the NFL investigation. I highly doubt we'll see the same hammer applied here, though Goodell is a bit of an idiot sometimes.
No. Hunt’s life won’t be ruined by a six game suspension any more than Zeke. I was speaking more generally when I said “It’s not just the nfl...it’s society in general” directly before stating that “a man’s life can be ruined by a simple accusation.” Those game checks are a drop in the bucket for the star athletes, and they aren’t gonna lose their job over it. However, in the real world, a person can actually lose their livelihood, their reputation, and even their family/personal relationships by false accusations.

You telling me that those Duke lacrosse players don’t have to deal with those questions for the rest of their lives?

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 am

skip wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:30 pm As a Hunt owner, I can assure you this increases my interest in Ware exactly zero. None before, none now. I would probably add him from waivers but I see no reason to pay something for him.
Same here, ill gladly buy hunt cheaper though if i can.
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:21 am

The story doesn't sound serious at all. Sounds like a bunch of drunk people got mad eat other, there was some minor shoving, no one got hurt and none of them can agree on what happened.

I hold one Hunt share currently and sold my other share of him last month. This changes my opinion of either share exactly zero.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:27 am

On a side note...when Zeke’s status was in limbo last year, how much love did Alfred Morris receive? I know he performed well, all things considered, in Zeke’s absense.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:27 am

slaughterrt wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:47 am

No. Hunt’s life won’t be ruined by a six game suspension any more than Zeke. I was speaking more generally when I said “It’s not just the nfl...it’s society in general” directly before stating that “a man’s life can be ruined by a simple accusation.” Those game checks are a drop in the bucket for the star athletes, and they aren’t gonna lose their job over it. However, in the real world, a person can actually lose their livelihood, their reputation, and even their family/personal relationships by false accusations.

You telling me that those Duke lacrosse players don’t have to deal with those questions for the rest of their lives?
http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/20 ... e-they-now
The Duke Lacrosse guys are: a high end real estate developer, a Wharton grad/venture capitalist, a trader at Deutsche, and an Emory Law grad working at a large NYC law firm. This is one of the most egregious false accusations in recent history and I'd say they're doing fine. Obviously going through that whole ordeal was terrible and I wouldn't wish it on anybody, but none of their lives were "destroyed."

To your point, estimates for what percentage of DV reports are false range from 2-8%, and only a fraction of those are "deliberate falsehoods" for some secondary/malicious gain. It's weird that so many people have their lives actually destroyed by being a victim of domestic violence, and yet you're focusing on the really, really small segment of the population that has a false accusation levied against them.

This story is nothing remotely like either EE's case or the Duke Lacrosse case, and should have zero impact on Hunt's stock, unless there's WAY more that hasn't come out yet.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:31 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:27 am
slaughterrt wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:47 am

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/20 ... e-they-now
The Duke Lacrosse guys are: a high end real estate developer, a Wharton grad/venture capitalist, a trader at Deutsche, and an Emory Law grad working at a large NYC law firm. This is one of the most egregious false accusations in recent history and I'd say they're doing fine. Obviously going through that whole ordeal was terrible and I wouldn't wish it on anybody, but none of their lives were "destroyed."

To your point, estimates for what percentage of DV reports are false range from 2-8%, and only a fraction of those are "deliberate falsehoods" for some secondary/malicious gain. It's weird that so many people have their lives actually destroyed by being a victim of domestic violence, and yet you're focusing on the really, really small segment of the population that has a false accusation levied against them.

This story is nothing remotely like either EE's case or the Duke Lacrosse case, and should have zero impact on Hunt's stock, unless there's WAY more that hasn't come out yet.
Maybe they're doing fine financially, but do we really know how they're coping mentally? Half joking cuz it sounds like their lives are pretty good now, but they still shouldn't have gone through what they did and who really knows how "ok" they are...or how much better their lives could have been if they didn't go through that.