Best twitter accounts to follow

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Twitter: Fantasy Football's best tool

Postby Tsunami » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:19 am

I want to get it first, so I can be the fastest to pick up FCFS free agents. I know how to search for player news, I don't find Twitter that much more informative than any other site unless you need news on some obscure player. It's just the fastest way, I want news headlines sent to my phone to alert me before my league mates get it.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:38 am

You can also get good practice information you won't really find in news blurbs. For example, Cecil Lammey of FBG's. I follow him anyway, but he's out of Denver and goes to all the pre-season and training camp practices. So he'll tweet during and after practice what he's seeing with his own eyes. As an Osweiler owner I've been pretty interested in what he has to say about him. So I can dig thru his tweets or do the suggestion above and just search for Osweiler and his tweets (if any) will pop up and I can get a sense of what's going on, things the Rotoworld boobs aren't going to post about.

It's also great to just have Twitter open to my main feed during Sunday games as the stream just keeps pouring in with various stuff that's going on.

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:22 am

bonscott wrote:You can also get good practice information you won't really find in news blurbs. For example, Cecil Lammey of FBG's. I follow him anyway, but he's out of Denver and goes to all the pre-season and training camp practices. So he'll tweet during and after practice what he's seeing with his own eyes. As an Osweiler owner I've been pretty interested in what he has to say about him. So I can dig thru his tweets or do the suggestion above and just search for Osweiler and his tweets (if any) will pop up and I can get a sense of what's going on, things the Rotoworld boobs aren't going to post about.

It's also great to just have Twitter open to my main feed during Sunday games as the stream just keeps pouring in with various stuff that's going on.
I think Cecil is a gem, an also follow Bloom, Bramel and Waldman (although Waldman's posts are a little too RSP focused at times).

One thing I won't do during gameday is keep my feed open. Too much of a distraction when there's REAL FOOTBALL being played. Game of the week on the big screen, red zone on the computer. Ahh, Sundays.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:45 am

JJDubya wrote:
bonscott wrote:You can also get good practice information you won't really find in news blurbs. For example, Cecil Lammey of FBG's. I follow him anyway, but he's out of Denver and goes to all the pre-season and training camp practices. So he'll tweet during and after practice what he's seeing with his own eyes. As an Osweiler owner I've been pretty interested in what he has to say about him. So I can dig thru his tweets or do the suggestion above and just search for Osweiler and his tweets (if any) will pop up and I can get a sense of what's going on, things the Rotoworld boobs aren't going to post about.

I think Cecil is a gem, an also follow Bloom, Bramel and Waldman (although Waldman's posts are a little too RSP focused at times).

One thing I won't do during gameday is keep my feed open. Too much of a distraction when there's REAL FOOTBALL being played. Game of the week on the big screen, red zone on the computer. Ahh, Sundays.
LOL I actually know what you're talking about. Sometimes I find myself so engrossed looking at the laptop (stats, scores, fantasy scores, twitter news, etc.) that I say to myself "what the heck am I doing, there is football right here in front of my face on the big screen!" and I just close the laptop and set it to the side. :doh:

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Help me make a Twitter

Postby Bot101 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:03 pm

I did a very quick search and couldn't find what I was looking for. So if something slipped past me I am sorry.

Ive been putting this off since I started playing fantasy. But I feel behind the curve compared to my leaguemates in gathering info and also snatching those valuable in season FA. Can you guys help me follow the right accounts and give me some hints and pointers?

Thanks!

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Help me make a Twitter

Postby darewood11 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:28 pm

I also feel like I need to be on the Twitter but I have no social media and know nothing about it. To lazy to start

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:31 pm

Matt Waldman writes a nice article on how to maximize Twitter for Fantasy Football - but it is behind the FBG paywall I believe. Apart from that, I'd talk to any of the DLF writers you can find on Twitter and they might have pointers.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:57 pm

There is some good info on twitter but it's also hot-take central. Sometimes you can't help but be swayed when people are so adamant about something.

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:14 pm

Yeah I would use twitter as a referrence to see how far recency bias has changed values. But as stated above it’s mostly hot-takes. That’s what increases biewership. Polls won’t be as accurate as here.

I works well for injury & trade updates.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:31 pm

Twitter is a timeline and those that you follow will show up on that timeline. Say you want to follow DLF writers or people that work for NFL.com or ESPN then you would find those people and follow them individually and their tweets will show up in your feed.

However, there's another way that you can follow large groups with "Lists", lists do not show up on your timeline as you have to access them on a separate page. For example, a guy that works for NFL.com created a group for "NFL Beat Writers" (probably a good place to begin following people) but you may not want to follow each individual person.

So that's my only pet peeve with Twitter is that even though you may follow a list with 100+ people, you can only access that list on a different page (other than your main timeline) or have to follow every person in a list to have them show up on your main timeline.

Make sense? Hopefully.

NFL Beat Writers
A public list by Chris Wesseling

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:37 am

Josh Hermsmeyer is the best follow on twitter imo.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:22 am

Ghosted wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:37 am Josh Hermsmeyer is the best follow on twitter imo.
I do like Hermsmeyer overall but he has a very strong hatred of Joe Mixon...he doesn't strike me as giving a bleep, but for somebody that kinda like's Mixon as a football player it got kinda tiring.

Hermsmeyer's air yards site is also worth a visit if you've never been.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:54 am

There's just so many, but a lot of the DLF guys provide some good information.

Someone already mentioned Matt Waldman, but he's a good one.

A very few other guys I like:

Doug Veatch
Shane Hallam
Karl Safchick
Matt Welsh
@LakeTwoQBs (if you do SF or 2QB leagues)
David J Chao, MD (great guy to follow for injury related stuff)
George Kritikos
Eric Burtzlaff
Matt Harmon (more of a numbers guy)
Jon Ledyard
Nick Whalen
Dan Sainio
Justen Gammel
Dwayne Brown
Chris Whitman

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:23 am

One thing you can do is find a fantasy writer you like and see who they follow on Twitter. I also enjoy following all of the various dynasty trade accounts because voting on polls is fun.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:37 pm

btv802 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:22 am
Ghosted wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:37 am Josh Hermsmeyer is the best follow on twitter imo.
I do like Hermsmeyer overall but he has a very strong hatred of Joe Mixon...he doesn't strike me as giving a bleep, but for somebody that kinda like's Mixon as a football player it got kinda tiring.

Hermsmeyer's air yards site is also worth a visit if you've never been.
Yeah, I agree on Mixon. The air yards model is really useful, but I'm actually more interested in all of the "on field" player speed data that he's putting together. He churns out really, really good stuff, and it's still all free. A nice difference than most of the rest of twitter, which is filled with hot take battles and really subjective analysis.