how to increase qb value in 1qb leagues

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Re: how to increase qb value in 1qb leagues

Postby kamihamster » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:07 pm

nabright wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:51 pm I personally see 2QB/superflex as the only way to really increase QBs value. If you up the scoring settings for QBs, then every QB gets a bump. So, you aren't necessarily increasing QBs overall value; you are just increasing the total points they score. You could still stream QBs the same way you did before the points bump.

I think superflex is the best option. You aren't forced to start two QBs every week and you're given the option to start a position player if needed. Other than that, I do not see many options to increase QBs value.
this is incorrect. if you see my post on pg1, you'll see the slope of QB scoring vs rank is steeper creating a bigger difference between high end QB1s and low end QB1s.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:37 pm

fooseball1031 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:13 pm
clarion contrarion wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:59 pm
jordanzs wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:29 pm In the leagues that I run, I give .125 points per completion, and -.125 per incompletion.

So if you had 2 QBs that threw for 325 yards & 2 TDs, the 20 for 26 QB would outscore the 15 for 40 QB.

You could always bump those numbers to be more aggressive. .2 per completion, -.2 per incompletion.

Also, I think that leagues should remove the 1 point per 10 rushing yards for QBs, and just give 1 point per 20 yards, whether the QB passes or scrambles. Look at QB that suck in real life (Tyrod, Kaepernick, etc) but they're "great for fantasy" because of their cheap runs. Neutralize the ability to stream a mediocre QB like Tyrod/Kap and you'll squeeze out slightly more scarcity.
or the cheap completions check down artists get or stat boy qbs like drew brees most of his career where they just passed for the fun of it rather than to win or because they were always behind . The real problem is in managers inability to win so they always search for a holy grail system that makes them the smartest . My suggestion standard scoring and modified managerial style rather than modified scoring.
I will anticipate that take getting raked but hey the truth can hurt at times.
love this post. everyone is trying to come up with their own new scoring settings so they can have an advantage its insane how many diff leagues there are and types of scoring etc.
thanks man at least everyone didn't rake my post

the poster after you tried to explain it away ! my response it isn't evolving it is going the way of nascar with too many stupid rules and scoring systems

reminds of the old german proverb - to change and to improve are different things - its fantasy and it should be about football not who has the biggest computer or the cutest algorithm . Watch football under stand the ebb and flow of career arcs and decipher coach speak and trends in the way the game is coached and played .
I have league mates that live on twitter get all the info - they tell me you cannot be effective without all the info and the analytics. When you going to get on twitter old man -
my response perhaps when all the twits on twitter (is twit correct or is it tweeters or twitterites not really sure) can beat me regularly !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:50 am

Another DLF article on the subject has come out. :)

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2018/ ... -part-one/
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:28 pm

I created a spreadsheet to try and make QBs more valuable. The top QBs score more and should help your team win more. The low QB1s score on par with PPR scoring and may not hurt your team but wont help you win as much. If a QB throws below a 70% completion rate (most do) they'll have a hole to climb out of which is why TDs are worth more and 1 pt only requires 20 yards. And generally bad QBs throw lots of interceptions, so I made them -6 points to try and steepen the slope between good QBs and bad ones.
qbscore.JPG
qbscore.JPG (82.82 KiB) Viewed 55 times
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:56 pm

kamihamster wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:28 pm I created a spreadsheet to try and make QBs more valuable. The top QBs score more and should help your team win more. The low QB1s score on par with PPR scoring and may not hurt your team but wont help you win as much. If a QB throws below a 70% completion rate (most do) they'll have a hole to climb out of which is why TDs are worth more and 1 pt only requires 20 yards. And generally bad QBs throw lots of interceptions, so I made them -6 points to try and steepen the slope between good QBs and bad ones.
qbscore.JPG
I like it.
Some people insist that you can't change the value of a QB simply by changing their scoring, because all the QBs gain or lose points...but that's an over-simplification, as you've given a good visual aid for. Change the slope and you change the value difference within the position.