Gronk Thread: Gronkowski to Tampa Bay!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Gronk to retire?

Postby skip » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:37 pm

I've been projecting Gronk to retire by age 30. I expect he will play one more year then hang them up. This off season is the last chance to move him before it happens.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:48 pm

skip wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:37 pm I've been projecting Gronk to retire by age 30. I expect he will play one more year then hang them up. This off season is the last chance to move him before it happens.
My theory is that the Patriots as we have come to know them will cease to exist in 2019. Brady, Gronk and Edelman all have contracts that will run out after 2019. I think all 3 of them will retire after playing 2 more seasons, joined by Bill.
#FreeCoreyDavis

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:18 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:28 am
flyersfan1981 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:11 am
nathanq42 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:00 pm Knee jerk reaction to losing, like Earl Thomas after breaking his leg. He will be back
Agreed...I mean the guy can't count to 5, how can anyone expect him to read a calendar? He will keep playing...
I’ve heard he has been investing/saving money somewhat responsibly. I’ve heard he has a good sense of humor, which is usually a sign of intelligence. Apparently he parties on his endorsement money and saves his nfl contract money. Partying doesn’t make him dumb...just young. Actually, his antics have simply created a brand for himself, earning him bigger endorsement earnings and more national appearances.

Does he come across as a rock or something to you? Just wondering why the slight on his intelligence.
He actually comes from a family (his dad and brothers) of pretty smart and innovative folks. He's not just a lunk - that's the image he portrays.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:09 am

Just saw his house got robbed while he was away at the superbowl
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:27 am

When these athletes get robbed while on the road, etc., it makes me wonder how good of home security/response time is. Assuming they have a pretty solid security system and most burglars are not pros/quick. Though quick is all relevant to police response time (if there is any). I think after seeing all of these that an athlete would have ADT or whoever designate a family member/friend who is consistently available to be the point of contact when that alarm goes off. If they simply do not have home security, well, that;s not smart. Decent digital ones are around $20-30 per month nowadays.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:34 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:18 am He actually comes from a family (his dad and brothers) of pretty smart and innovative folks. He's not just a lunk - that's the image he portrays.
Sure, he's not stupid, but I don't think he's this super intelligent guy playing a meathead role. Likely average intelligence combined with a good upbringing.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:03 am

skip wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:37 pm I've been projecting Gronk to retire by age 30. I expect he will play one more year then hang them up. This off season is the last chance to move him before it happens.
Hey Skip. Just wondering what your projections are based off of. If you could share or elaborate on how you came to your opinion, it may help others that are interested.

Thanks.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:11 am

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:34 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:18 am He actually comes from a family (his dad and brothers) of pretty smart and innovative folks. He's not just a lunk - that's the image he portrays.
Sure, he's not stupid, but I don't think he's this super intelligent guy playing a meathead role. Likely average intelligence combined with a good upbringing.
Pretty much what I've always assumed about you too.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:12 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:09 am Just saw his house got robbed while he was away at the superbowl
he said a dude that looked a bit like napolean dynamite swiped his super bowl ring
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:19 am

^ That sucks big time. The dude better hope Gronk and his posse never track him down. Man... you'd assume he'd have some pretty solid home security. I guess that's why insurance companies stay in business.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:26 am

He'd likely waterboard him with Vodka.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:33 am

I feel like we did this for fun ^ on a regular basis during my under grad years.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:41 am

JFever wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:19 am ^ That sucks big time. The dude better hope Gronk and his posse never track him down. Man... you'd assume he'd have some pretty solid home security. I guess that's why insurance companies stay in business.
Yeah, hate to see the Pats lose another TE to the justice system. :liar:
The standard is the standard.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:03 pm

JFever wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:03 am
Hey Skip. Just wondering what your projections are based off of. If you could share or elaborate on how you came to your opinion, it may help others that are interested.

Thanks.
When Calvin Johnson retired at a relatively young age, it was a pretty big surprise to the fantasy community. It wasn't all that long afterward that he addressed his reasons for doing so being centered around health. Despite the murmurings that seem to get generated periodically since that announcement, I always believed the likelihood of him decided to com out of retirement was zero. He was obviously content with his decision and ready to move on away from the game. Unlike some others, he wasn't driven out of the game nor was the concern over CTE but just general health.

With the increasing value of contracts, it is becoming a more sensible decision for players who are elite at the position to contemplate early retirement. They can leave the game in relatively good health. Most have made "more than enough" as opposed to times past when even the best players still had to be sensible and push themselves to keep playing.

Just from an outsider's perspective, I don't believe Gronk loves the game. He's spent the bulk of his career focusing on so many off field interests that at this point I really don't think he feels the need to continue playing. If he were looking at statistical relevance, I could see it. But he is going to have to play far too many seasons to ever catch a guy like Gonzo or even Witten. I don't think he has the passion for that kind of individual statistical goals. I expect his focus to only increase on non-football activities.

I do agree that there is a good possibility that he plays out his current contract but it's mostly a gut feeling I had dating back to last off season that felt he would leave the game by the time he reached 30 (which he could actually play thru 2019 and then retire @ age 30).
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:13 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:11 am
dynastyninja wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:34 am
Pretty much what I've always assumed about you too.
lol roasted