Evan Engram value?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Evan Engram value?

Postby kris_kapsner » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:58 pm

What 1st round pick range in this next draft would you trade for Evan Engram in a TE required league?
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

BearlyBears
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Evan Engram value?

Postby BearlyBears » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Anywhere as high as 1.4. He's going to be a top-5 TE for years.

FYI I got offered Stephon Diggs for Engram in a league, so there's an equivalent.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:13 pm

TE Premium, probably the 1.03 or better.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:29 pm

TE required or TE Premium?

Premium I'd say 2-4. Reg 5-6. Right after that tier of non-Barkley but still potentially studley players (although shows how much we all know that Hunt and Kamara were late 1sts/early 2nds)
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:52 pm

I would prefer Engram to the 1.03, so i'd value him around 1.02. I don't expect anyone to pay that, but I simply wouldn't be actively looking to sell him. As a pass catching TE with rarely seen rookie year production, I feel the floor and ceiling is high, and I can move forward focusing on other positions. Sure you could swap out and go the TE-stream approach, but that's not my preference when i've found someone who can be so much more. I much prefer the 'lock and load Gronk/Kelce' approach when I have it available to me.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:01 pm

Yeah you're going to clarify what you mean by TE required?

Most leagues have some sort of start 1 TE requirement as is, and some have start 2 ...
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Probably 1.3 maybe more depending on my depth and general League values. Really his downside is being a top ten asset at TE for a while unless something major happens, with the upside being drafting the next jimmy graham as a rookie.

joshnco
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joshnco » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:38 pm

I traded Engram + 1.12 for Evans. Have Ertz and Gronk so happy with getting Evans
14 Team PPR Dynasty - Red Dynasty 2nd Season- 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, DSP 1.5PPR TE's

10 Team PPR Dynasty - Chosen Ones 3rd Season- 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, K, D

2013 Champs; 2012 Runner-up **BEST DYNASTY TEAM OF ALL-TIME!! Well, its' a 10 teamer :)

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:45 pm

I'm assuming TE required just means you have to start at least one TE. If so, I'd pay a mid 1st, but I'd also wait to get a clearer picture of the rookie tiers and who will be available where.

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:36 am

I like Engram. I think it's tough to evaluate how important he will be to the Giants passing game next year though. Injuries to Beckham, Marshall and at times Shepard created a dream environment for him in which they were running a bunch of plays with him as the first read. As promising as he looks, I don't think it's out of the question that we have a false impression of his ceiling.
The Giants need to be able to run the ball and that might call for a blocking TE at times. They might draft a lead back who will do a lot more in the passing game than the mighty collective of Darkwa, Gallman, Vereen and Perkins could manage. They will have one of the top two or three WRs in the game out wide. Shurmur did a great job with the Vikings and Rudolph didn't disappear, but the passing game went through Thielen, Diggs and McKinnon.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:50 am

Factory of Sadness wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:36 am I like Engram. I think it's tough to evaluate how important he will be to the Giants passing game next year though. Injuries to Beckham, Marshall and at times Shepard created a dream environment for him in which they were running a bunch of plays with him as the first read. As promising as he looks, I don't think it's out of the question that we have a false impression of his ceiling.
The Giants need to be able to run the ball and that might call for a blocking TE at times. They might draft a lead back who will do a lot more in the passing game than the mighty collective of Darkwa, Gallman, Vereen and Perkins could manage. They will have one of the top two or three WRs in the game out wide. Shurmur did a great job with the Vikings and Rudolph didn't disappear, but the passing game went through Thielen, Diggs and McKinnon.
Agreed with this. It feels like a perfect storm of good things for Engram this year. He also had a lot of drops. I think he'll be a solid starter for awhile after what he's shown this year, but I think his value is at it's peak right now.

If you can add something to Engram to upgrade to Kelce or Gronk, I'd consider doing just that. Or move Engram for OJ Howard + a piece, if you have another TE you can start if Howard doesn't take off (Brate expected to move on this offseason).
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:21 am

my biggest fear with him is consistency. as a small measure i just like to look at how many times te's put up double digit points, as i feel its a decent measure to ensure (hopefuly) a guaranteed...10-15 pts with the possibility for a huge day. he was the focus of the offense (and defense's im sure), but only reached double digits 8 times and broke 20pts once. we all know the wr situation and quite frankly the giants organization as a whole right now.... there is no way that id give a top 5 for him. with that said, not sure id give it for gronk or kelce either to be honest. te's in general just are not worth it imo.

admittedly he had a solid season, and im just going to hold him where i own him (there isnt much trading anyways and i need a te). if you need a te, i can see paying the price...but id search around before giving the top 5, which most owners want.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:13 am

He isn't a good blocking TE. Shurmer will want a TE that can block. Engram's value will take a hit as his production will likely take a hit. He isn't worth the 1.03 and it isn't close.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:10 am

FiremanEd wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:52 pm I would prefer Engram to the 1.03, so i'd value him around 1.02. I don't expect anyone to pay that, but I simply wouldn't be actively looking to sell him. As a pass catching TE with rarely seen rookie year production, I feel the floor and ceiling is high, and I can move forward focusing on other positions. Sure you could swap out and go the TE-stream approach, but that's not my preference when i've found someone who can be so much more. I much prefer the 'lock and load Gronk/Kelce' approach when I have it available to me.
I'm not sure where I'd value Engram to be honest. If I were to trade him, it would have to be for a player(s) and not a pick though. Now if someone wanted to give me the 1.01 for Engram + 1.12 I might just do that (because I also have Kelce and Njoku). I'm still looking for a stud RB, and I think Barkley would fill that need. I don't expect to find that proposal in my inbox anytime soon though.

I really agree with Ed here. Kelce was a "hit" for me on draft day, but since adding him I've run through a long list of TE's that I hoped would become relevant behind him and ended up cutting them all. Of course you can stream TE's, but you could stream any position. It doesn't mean you're going to be successful doing so, or find reliable production. Having a top-shelf option at TE does allow you to concentrate on other positions. The only reason I have three TE's is because both Engram and Njoku fell to a point where I felt they were BPA at my draft spots.

I don't agree that Engram's value has nowhere to go but down from here. The flip-side to the "He got all the looks he did because of injuries to the WR's" argument is that he also saw markedly increased defensive attention because he and Shepard were the last men standing. And considering how poor NYG's offense was his production under the circumstances is encouraging. I look forward to opposing defenses having to contend with OBJ and Engram playing together and don't view that as a negative.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:31 am

JFever wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:13 am He isn't a good blocking TE. Shurmer will want a TE that can block. Engram's value will take a hit as his production will likely take a hit. He isn't worth the 1.03 and it isn't close.
This is my worry for Engram. I don't own him, am not seeking him and don't hold anything better than a high/mid-1st - that said, I would value him around 1.6-1.8.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine