Andrew Luck - Could he be traded?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

How likely is it that Andrew Luck gets traded?

0% Chance
63%
25% Chance
32%
50% Chance
3%
75% Chance
No votes
100% Chance
2%

Total votes: 98

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Andrew Luck - Could he be traded?

Postby Phaded » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:54 pm

Jim Irsay has been known to pull the trigger on some big trades.
He has also not been all too pleased with Andrew Luck, apparently.

Josh McDaniels has a history of trading away a franchise quarterback.
(see Jay Cutler)

He has still not resumed throwing; despite an expectation that it would start early into the new year.
The Colts are also locked into paying some money by March at some point.

The Colts strike me as a team who have many concerns when I look at their roster - they were a team that seemed to have the AFC South in the bag for a while.
Now the Jaguars are a very strong team - the Texans & Titans are improving.

I know some of you will probably say there is "no chance" - but with all things considered, I just see it as "there is a chance".

So - how likely do you think it could be?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Andrew Luck - Could he be traded?

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:57 pm

Possible. I'd probably go 15-20% but rounded up based on the options.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:03 pm

I think I would be tickled pink if another team could luck into Luck. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:08 pm

Not trying to be snarky, but the fact that the poll doesn't include any options between 0 and 25% is insane. There shouldn't even be an option higher than 25, frankly.

We see so few big name players get traded from any position in this league - QBs? They almost NEVER get moved. Once in a generation, we see a good QB get traded.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:10 pm

The only way you could think that is if there was another Luck-type QB in this draft, which there doesn't appear to be.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:16 pm

Irsay has experienced having a franchise qb and not having a franchise qb both the optimism and ticket sales reflect the need for luck to remain. Mucho tickets available this season for less than 10$ leaving a lot of meat on the bone. He goes nowhere chris ballard is running the show and I am sure mcdaniels has plenty of input but I have read no where that mcdaniels is handling personnel just coaching .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:18 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:08 pm Not trying to be snarky, but the fact that the poll doesn't include any options between 0 and 25% is insane. There shouldn't even be an option higher than 25, frankly.

We see so few big name players get traded from any position in this league - QBs? They almost NEVER get moved. Once in a generation, we see a good QB get traded.
I thought of doing increments of 10% but thought that would give too many options.

The poll is really for giggles and to glance at, I was more intererested in the responses.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:25 pm

I see it this way:

They're several pieces away from what they want to be, and by the time they get their team to that point, Luck is going to be around 31/32 years old.
They need multiple pieces on their O-line, they need defensive help everywhere, and they need a WR to go with Hilton, and they need a good solid, better than Mack, RB. (and I'm not sold on Doyle either)

now, they can keep Luck and keep wasting away his 'youth' and their years they could be better competitors, or they could trade away Luck and fix a good 15% of their issues in the trade, then another 15% or so in the draft and FA. Roll with Brissett for the next 2 years and then draft your QB of the future when your many other positions are not as bad as they are now.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:30 pm

10% I’d say. Obviously McDaniels has the cojones to trade a QB that not many in the media or NFL think he should trade (not many thought it possible for Cutler to be traded when he was, and it shocked the NFL and media). I think that’s a fair point to bring up. McDaniels didn’t give a damn what the consensus thought at the time (like Belichick), and I think that’s a good quality to look for in a coach. I like that he stuck to his own opinion/evaluation of the situation.
I agree there exists a realistic chance, but I don’t think it’s as likely as the Cutler trade for a few reasons.
1. Luck has (in most people’s eyes) been better than a young Cutler was, and may be more attractive to McDaniels.
2. Wasn’t Cutler on his rookie contract still when he was traded? Luck is on a pretty spendy deal.
3. With the injury history/uncertainty, any trade partner is going to be very wary as to why Luck is being offered up.
4. What are the rules pertaining to trading injured players? I honestly can’t recall for the NFL. Pass a physical from the receiving team’s doctor and he’s good to be traded? Do you have to disclose any medical info you have?

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:49 pm

GLSmk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:25 pm I see it this way:

They're several pieces away from what they want to be, and by the time they get their team to that point, Luck is going to be around 31/32 years old.
By that point he'll still have 8-10 years left, why would that be a problem? Cowboys/Giants aren't trying to move Zeke/OBJ because they only have 8 years left...
Last edited by Vcize on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:30 pm 10% I’d say. Obviously McDaniels has the cojones to trade a QB that not many in the media or NFL think he should trade (not many thought it possible for Cutler to be traded when he was, and it shocked the NFL and media). I think that’s a fair point to bring up. McDaniels didn’t give a damn what the consensus thought at the time (like Belichick), and I think that’s a good quality to look for in a coach. I like that he stuck to his own opinion/evaluation of the situation.
I agree there exists a realistic chance, but I don’t think it’s as likely as the Cutler trade for a few reasons.
1. Luck has (in most people’s eyes) been better than a young Cutler was, and may be more attractive to McDaniels.
2. Wasn’t Cutler on his rookie contract still when he was traded? Luck is on a pretty spendy deal.
3. With the injury history/uncertainty, any trade partner is going to be very wary as to why Luck is being offered up.
4. What are the rules pertaining to trading injured players? I honestly can’t recall for the NFL. Pass a physical from the receiving team’s doctor and he’s good to be traded? Do you have to disclose any medical info you have?
Seattle tried to trade an injured corner to Houston at the deadline 2017 and he couldn't pass at physical, so the trade was modified with the player removed.

I'd have voted 10% and rounded down to 0%. I think there's a solid roster building reason to do it. Jax would be interesting, but not same division. Buffalo would be interesting, but not same conference. NE post Brady 1would be interesting, maybe involving Brady himself to Indy? Kinda struggling to find an NFC team match.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:04 pm

MN

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:23 pm

Andrew Luck is not Jay Cutler. Maybe a 1% chance, cuz, never say never.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:31 pm

Vcize wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:49 pm
GLSmk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:25 pm I see it this way:

By that point he'll still have 8-10 years left, why would that be a problem? Cowboys/Giants aren't trying to move Zeke/OBJ because they only have 8 years left...
I doubt he plays into his 40s, first off.
second, cowboys/giants don't have as many holes as the colts (I guess an argument could be made for the giants, but they have a solid defense at least)
third, it's a problem because they're possibly in a position to actually capitalize on his value when he could possibly not be the same player he was before
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:23 pm Andrew Luck is not Jay Cutler. Maybe a 1% chance, cuz, never say never.
Agreed Luck is better. When Cutler was traded, though, he was seen as an up and coming star, coming off his 3rd year in the league with a 4500 yard (2nd only to Brees and one of only 3 qbs to top 4000) pro bowl year, lighting up opposing defenses with the promising young Marshall and rookie Royal. Trading that away WAS a shocking development.