Andrew Luck - Could he be traded?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

How likely is it that Andrew Luck gets traded?

0% Chance
63%
25% Chance
32%
50% Chance
3%
75% Chance
No votes
100% Chance
2%

Total votes: 98

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Andrew Luck - Could he be traded?

Postby Ghosted » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:33 pm

Valhalla wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:07 am
ArrylT wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:05 pm Also I believe he is back in the USA and is going around visiting Throwing Coaches?
How common is this once they're on a team and established? I know young, developing QBs without an NFL staff backing them travel around to see these coaches and fine-tune their form...
I'd expect Luck's QB coach would be well educated in this stuff...and if he isn't, why is he a QB coach?

This makes me think that there may still be some stuff bothering Luck's shoulder. That or he doesn't have confidence in the knowledge/approach of his coaches and in-house rehab?
Brady does this every year. I'm sure others do, as well.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:37 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:41 am Far from a 0% chance, folks. There are indications Ballard is mulling blowing up the roster, and Indy has good reason to be worried about Luck's long-term health, especially now with the Jags having added another hard-hitting defense to the AFC South. If Indy does go full rebuild, for all Ballard knows Luck might be in forced retirement before the roster is restocked with enough talent to make the team a legitimate postseason contender again.

If Indy could get a king's ransom for Luck, it might be worth it.
zero is exactly the right # for the simple reason if indy were to wish to trade luck any team acquiring #12 would instantly know he wasn't worth owning. Chris ballard has helped build two terrific rosters the mid 2000 bears and the current KC chiefs those teams have won zero lombardis and the primary reason was they didn't have a difference maker at qb. Either one of those rosters were title worthy if they had a terrific qb , they didn't and so they didn't . Ballard has one and needs to build the roster around him not use a generational superstar as fodder to acquire a bunch of pieces that he would then need to find a worthy qb to lead. Perhaps you win with a nick foles or trent dilfer but history tells us it is far easier the other way. Ballard strikes me as an astute guy and I don't think he wants to push that boulder up the hill again. Irsay also wants to sell tickets and when you can get colts tickets for the same price as a medium pizza that isn't driving the revenue truck at full throttle. Seriously colts fans will run back to basketball
( especially if IU ever gets its hoops program straightened out) or auto racing in a hurry without a hero qb to worship - they are not that fervent a fan base IMHO! I live an hour north of lucas oil and so long as colts are winning the bandwagon is full but a few more years of what they have gotten lately and the place will be half empty on sunday with a few thousand diehards and whatever fans the road team can bring .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:45 pm

I think Luck being traded is a lot less now that Reich is HC - I dont see a former QB signing on to a team that then decides they are trading away his franchise QB
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:02 pm

I think Reich was brought in by Peyton & Irsay. I don't even think Ballard has near as much influence as he once did, and there's a zero chance Luck is moved at this point imo. He's either broken (in which case they won't get anything for him, and won't cut him) or he's not (in which case they're not moving a generational qb for lotto tickets).

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:12 pm

It seems that everyone with an opinion on here presumes the Colts FO knows one way or another if Luck is a go. The reality is, many times (especially with something like a labral tear) not even the evaluating doctors know if Luck will be good to go or not. If the guys running the rehab don’t know for sure, neither does Luck, an neither does the FO.

A coach taking a head coaching job (sort of a big deal to be offered that) doesn’t tell me that Luck must be healthy.

Mkh3225
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mkh3225 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:21 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:08 pm Not trying to be snarky, but the fact that the poll doesn't include any options between 0 and 25% is insane. There shouldn't even be an option higher than 25, frankly.

We see so few big name players get traded from any position in this league - QBs? They almost NEVER get moved. Once in a generation, we see a good QB get traded.
Exactly, and its usually only when they're in the twilight of their career. The Redskins could very well tag and trade Cousins but that would be the exception. However, as a heavily invested Luck owner, I would LOVE if he were to somehow find his way of Indy. That franchise is a total mess right now and Irsay is one of if not THE primary reason for that.
80's TV Shows Dynasty: Hill Street Blues
2016 League Champs
12 team, 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K (full ppr) 24 man
QB: Luck, Rivers
RB: Shady, M Gordon, Aa Jones, Ty Montgomery, Prosise, K Dixon
WR: Julio, Adams, Hilton, J Gordon, DJ Moore, J Brown, K White, Richardson, Trent Taylor, Tyr Williams
TE: Gronk, Reed, Olsen, Jonnu, Gesicki
D/ST: N/A
K: Tucker

Turf Wars Dynasty League: Hawkins Demogorgons
12-team: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF (full ppr) 28 man
QB- Luck Goff
RB- J Howard Guice Penny Carson Burkhead Bernard Edmonds
WR- Cooper Allen Watkins Fuller A Miller R. Matthews Tyr Williams Lockett Kearse Grant Allison Butler Lasley
TE- Gronk OJ Howard Fumagalli
D/ST- PIT

Marvel Legends: Captain America
12 team 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K (full ppr) 25 man, 2 Taxi
QB: Winston Trubisky
RB: Guice R Freeman D Foreman Abdullah Aa Jones Montgomery Prosise Dixon
WR: C Davis DJ Moore DJ Chark Callaway Lockett K White Henderson Hollins Darboh
TE: Henry Everett ASJ M Andrews
D/ST: CAR
K: Succop