Giants hire Pat shurmur

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Giants hire Pat shurmur

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:55 pm

Vikings OC
What's his style? Run heavy with dinkk and dunk to say of big play action plays?
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Giants hire Pat shurmur

Postby Phaded » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:30 pm

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:30 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:30 pm This will give a decent breakdown.
Thanks for the link! :thumbup: the part about his use of rubs to get high % throws that have a good shot at YAC made me very happy as a obj owner
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:30 pm This will give a decent breakdown.
Good find Phaded.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:48 pm

I'm interested to see what Shurmur does with the RB position.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:34 am

James McGhee wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:48 pm I'm interested to see what Shurmur does with the RB position.
He’ll bring in McKinnon and then put him behind Barkley...

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:00 am

Valhalla wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:34 am
James McGhee wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:48 pm I'm interested to see what Shurmur does with the RB position.
He’ll bring in McKinnon and then put him behind Barkley...
I could see him bringing along McKinnon and using him in a committee with Gallman but there's no way they draft Barkley, not with the problems that team has at LB and all along the OL, I think they're gonna trade back in the first with a team like Washington/Seattle/Buffalo/Detroit who would use the pick to take either Barkley or a QB and they'll grab an offensive lineman or linebacker later in the first or with the extra draft capital they could accrue by trading back.

Honestly that's probably been the biggest question I've had with Shurmur going to the Giants, as someone posted earlier there was a breakdown of how Shurmur likes to run his offense and a lot of it involves extra offensive lineman and blocking from both TEs and the FB. The Giants are severely lacking in both talent and depth along the offensive line, especially at tackle and I don't think taking someone like Barkley would be in their best interest. That also leads into another issue I've had with Evan Engram possibly seeing reduced snaps in favor of a better blocker since that's probably the area he's most deficient in.

As for LB that's a sore spot in their defense and also a position they've had zero consistency or decent play from for years now. Wouldn't be crazy of them to address that late in the first while gaining extra picks this year or next.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:29 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:00 am

I could see him bringing along McKinnon and using him in a committee with Gallman but there's no way they draft Barkley, not with the problems that team has at LB and all along the OL, I think they're gonna trade back in the first with a team like Washington/Seattle/Buffalo/Detroit who would use the pick to take either Barkley or a QB and they'll grab an offensive lineman or linebacker later in the first or with the extra draft capital they could accrue by trading back.
If they trade back, I doubt it's with any of those teams. Washington *maybe*, but even then I don't see it. I think it's pretty safe to project Giants take a QB at 1.02.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:45 am

I have a sneaky suspicion that Shepard is a buy-low...

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:12 am

Really don't think they would be willing to draft Barkley? Pshaw! Also scheme means a lot. Just look at the massive changes in OLine to the Vikings from 2016 to 2017... to believe the Giants can't do the same treatment is insane. It's a safer prospect for them to draft Barkley then to draft a OLinemen in the first round.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs