Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cards hire Steve wilks

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:33 pm

Panthers DC, thoughts?
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Cards hire Steve wilks

Postby Goddard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:47 pm

Not sure what to think of it in terms of fantasy. I think whoever the OC is will have more of an impact, but typically defensive guys like to run the ball...so could be a good thing for DJ (although he'd get his regardless of the coach or OC).

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:02 pm

I think this bumps the Cards defensive players up a bit for anyone that plays IDP since the Panthers had a pretty good front 7 under Wilks and were good about generating pressure/sacks. As for the offense I think it'll matter more depending on who the QB is than anything, if they sign/draft a guy who is more of a game manager then it should be a pretty vanilla offense but if they get a guy like Lamar Jackson or Tyrod who can work with their legs it could be more of a RPO that dominates on the ground. Still too many pieces to fall into place before we know how the offense unfolds (aside from DJ, dude will get his) but for defense it should be an upgrade, how much of one remains to be seen.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:24 pm

Wilks ran a 4-3 in Carolina, so I assume Chandler Jones is moving back to the line. Buchannon might need to put on more weight to remain a LB, so that could be bad news for him.

On offense, will probably be run heavy. I wouldn't want to be reliant on any of the receivers here.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:39 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:24 pm Wilks ran a 4-3 in Carolina, so I assume Chandler Jones is moving back to the line. Buchannon might need to put on more weight to remain a LB, so that could be bad news for him.

On offense, will probably be run heavy. I wouldn't want to be reliant on any of the receivers here.
Great news for owners of Jones and Golden.

I actually think this is good news for DB, he is better suited to be a free-running WLB than an undersized ILB in a 3-4, just my opinion.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:51 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:39 pm
ericanadian wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:24 pm Wilks ran a 4-3 in Carolina, so I assume Chandler Jones is moving back to the line. Buchannon might need to put on more weight to remain a LB, so that could be bad news for him.

Great news for owners of Jones and Golden.

I actually think this is good news for DB, he is better suited to be a free-running WLB than an undersized ILB in a 3-4, just my opinion.
Granted this probably isn't likely but with Tyvon Branch probably leaving in FA and Bethea turning 34 before next season there's always they possibility they try to convert him to a SS. I think they could leave Jones at OLB with Golden and Nkemdiche acting as the bookends of the line.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1