will fullers value?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

will fullers value?

Postby playa_hata » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:32 pm

wondering what everyone thinks of will fuller and should i be afraid of his injury history. seems like with deshaun watson fuller could be a top ten wr or is that a hot take?
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: will fullers value?

Postby Bot101 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:05 am

Thats not a "hot" take.... Thats a "inside the sun, molten fire, burn your under carriage" hot take.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:54 am

Fuller being a top 10 WR isn’t impossible, but I wouldn’t count on it. That said, he could very likely be a top 20 WR...if certain circumstances happen.

IF watson comes back looking like pre injury watson
IF fuller plays a full season

Both those things happen and he has a good shot to be in the top 20 WRs.

Now, if those things happen and Dhop gets a season endong injury early next yr, then maybe Fuller could reach top 10, but thats a lot of IFs that would need to line up.

Either way, there is enough Anti-Fuller types in the dynasty community that you could prob get him cheaper than you should. So go get him now before the price goes up next season.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:30 am

fooseball1031 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:32 pm wondering what everyone thinks of will fuller and should i be afraid of his injury history. seems like with deshaun watson fuller could be a top ten wr or is that a hot take?
He'd never get the target share to be a top ten WR unless he's in a Buffalo situation where he's the only healthy guy and the Texans are literally signing guys off the street to play for them. Anyone who thinks he can maintain the streak he had going from weeks 4-7 over an entire season is insane. 22 targets, 13 catches and 7 TDs would be ridiculous for Antonio Brown, the fact that it was Will Fuller with his bad hands and inferior route running is miraculous.

He's the kind of guy that gets sent out on go routes most of the time so the Texans can use his speed to stretch the field and open things up. I could see him being better than 2016 and having a season with ~60 catches, ~800 yards and ~5-6 TDs but the majority of his production will come in two or three games and he has absolutely no floor on any given week. His end of the year numbers will always look better than his week-to-week production so he could be a low WR2 by the end of the season but that's not what you'll be getting if you start him consistently. He's more or less DJax but with less of a target share, ok for bestball leagues but in redraft/dynasty you'll either never know when to start him or you'll start him every week and get killed for it most of the time.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:44 am

Top 10 WR is unlikely for Fuller with Nuk there. But if Watson is legit -- and he sure seemed to be -- then Fuller's statistical ceiling as a #2 WR is much higher than most #2 WRs.

Fuller needs to play a 16-game season, though. Jury's out on his ability to maintain health.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:18 am

Fuller has been hated for whatever reason since he came in. I guess because he had some drop issues, but dude was a very productive college player and had some nice flashes with a guy named Brock Osweiler. But I’ve been saying he’s a buy for almost 2 years now.

Enter Deshaun Watson and he was a top 5 WR. Again as has been stated, the production is unsustainable, even for Watson. But to say this guy is only capable of a WR3 boom/bust type season is selling him short.

He’s not just a long ball guy. And you have to remember he’s entering year 3 and still growing as a player. He should be worth whereever Kirk is going off the board, but slightly ahead because he’s in a good situation and I think he grades out better at least for the moment.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:16 am

It seems like every year or at worst 2 years there is a team that has 2 top 12 WRs (in ppr)

2011 - V. Cruz & H. Nicks
2012 - D. Thomas & E. Decker
2013 - D. Thomas & E. Decker
2014 - D. Thomas & E. Sanders
2016 - J. Nelson & D. Adams
2017 - M. Jones & G. Tate

I do not think it is impossible to consider Fuller a top 10 candidate, even with Hopkins, but it would definitely depend on a lot of circumstances (several of which have already been mentioned) to play out.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:36 am

With these types of players, you just have to have a QB who isn't afraid to air it out and make big throws. We all saw Watson throwing hailmarys 24/7 and we'll see if he's able to keep doing that.

While injuries and timid/sad QB play have hurt Fuller the last two seasons (2 or 3 in 2016 and 6 in 2017 games missed), I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that he's been one of the better 1st RD WR drafted in the last 3 years (15-17). I don't think that means he's a 1st round pick but everyone has seen the electricity he can bring to a game.

:thumbup:
Cooper (2017 was pretty scary)

:eh: (Jury Still Out)
Agholor
Fuller
Doctson
Davis/Williams/Ross

:shock: (hanging by a thread IMO)
Treadwell (w/ Diggs and Thielen unless there's an injury, he's losing snaps to Jarius Wright)
Parker (Maybe he bumps up if Landry leaves)
Coleman (Maybe overexaggerating but injury-plagued/bad season and that final drop just brutal)
Maybe, Maybe you can put Kevin White here......

:thumbdown:
Perriman
Dorsett
White (also putting him here lol)

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:14 am

I'd consider Fuller a boom/bust WR2/3 type like DeSean Jackson. I'd probably value him around an early/mid 2nd.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:05 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if he had top 10 stretches of production here and there, but struggle to see him ever cracking the top 10 of dynasty rankings.

I wouldn't mind buying him as a first off the bench WR for bye weeks/flex upside, but I doubt his owners are giving him away just yet.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:12 pm

Buying Fuller isn't a bad idea and you might be able to get him for an early 2nd right now. But thinking he could be a top 10 WR with Hopkins on the team seems a little wishful. I'm not sure there are many QBs that would be able to produce two top 10 WRs on the same team, nor do I think Fuller has the talent (maybe top 20 like someone else suggested).

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:03 pm

Will Fuller is an underrated talent. Deshaun Watson unlocked his potential this year for a four game stretch where he and Hopkins were the fantasy WR1 & WR2 at the same time (I know it's not sustainable but I wouldn't ignore that it happened either). I recently turned down a late 1st for him in my league.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:50 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:30 amHe's the kind of guy that gets sent out on go routes most of the time so the Texans can use his speed to stretch the field and open things up. I could see him being better than 2016 and having a season with ~60 catches, ~800 yards and ~5-6 TDs but the majority of his production will come in two or three games and he has absolutely no floor on any given week. His end of the year numbers will always look better than his week-to-week production so he could be a low WR2 by the end of the season but that's not what you'll be getting if you start him consistently. He's more or less DJax but with less of a target share, ok for bestball leagues but in redraft/dynasty you'll either never know when to start him or you'll start him every week and get killed for it most of the time.
Completely agree. He's a role player who will get splash plays, but the ups and downs would make him maddening to start ever week.

Also, we need some sober consideration of Watson. He didn't last half a season as a starter- not enough time for teams to have enough film on him. Foles was great for a year, then picked apart next season.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:06 am

i like him but dont have many shares, health and availability is the biggest issue for me, not talent or situation
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:16 pm

With Watson, that was one of the hottest connections I've seen in a long time .. I'd certainly grab him where I can especially if I owned Watson .. those 4 to 5 weeks when those two go off, is 4-0, 5-0 those weeks ..

I'm not going to predict season long outcome, injuries, regression, etc.. I'm just going to acknowledge the fact there wasn't a better stack to have than Watson to Fuller before Watson went out..
@PlankMelody