AFC / NFC Championship Week Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Re: AFC / NFC Championship Week Discussion

Postby James McGhee » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:34 pm

skip wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:42 pm
James McGhee wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:46 pm How much of Wentz's play was the scheme?
If I were dead, is be rolling over in my grave this is so ridiculous...
Your signature is ironic considering your comment here. Care to make an educated statement in retort or just going to go with ridiculous?
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:35 pm

Of the 66 owners brave enough to vote in the poll "Best of the Rest" only 1 of them had the cajones or was unbalanced enough in their head to vote Nick Foles.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:37 pm

skip wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:02 pm
Kaz wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:56 pm McKinnon is hated on the boards. I remember a thread about how he was awful, had his chance, and so on.
Because he did in 2016 and he was awful. Murray was clearly the superior #2 option in that offense this year. McKinnon needs a new team or he is going to be buried as the #3
You think Murray outshined McKinnon? Murray is nothing special. I think cook will take 90 percent of the touches next year so if Minn doesn't cut Murray he'll be a handcuff anyways. I wouldn't think Minn would even want to resign McKinnon so I think he'll move on but he has played very well this season and a team will give him a shot

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:56 pm

All I can hope is that a team/coach sees and likes McKinnon's athleticism and pass catching ability and give him a chance at being a lead dog and I can off load for a good price or keep him and he proves himself, I got him off the waiver wire so it doesn't matter much to me, but I like the guy and hope he does well
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:14 pm

Welp! For a guy that was rooting for a Jags v. Vikes SB today sucked. Dynasty slant: Tom Brady will not die.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:26 pm

pokerface40 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:14 pm Welp! For a guy that was rooting for a Jags v. Vikes SB today sucked. Dynasty slant: Tom Brady will not die.
Well I am a firm believer in what goes up must come down and what goes down must come up - so maybe you're due for a great 2018 fantasy wise. You're already projected to be top 2 in one league. :ewink:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:30 pm

Kaz wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:56 pm McKinnon is hated on the boards. I remember a thread about how he was awful, had his chance, and so on.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=149529&hilit=McKinnon

He has his supporters and his haters

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:07 am

James McGhee wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:34 pm
skip wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:42 pm
James McGhee wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:46 pm How much of Wentz's play was the scheme?
If I were dead, is be rolling over in my grave this is so ridiculous...
Your signature is ironic considering your comment here. Care to make an educated statement in retort or just going to go with ridiculous?
I was going to let this go but I just can't do it. Calling me out because of something in my signature (none of those things being in my comment). Curious if you get on people who post the "X2" or "Player X. Not close" types of statements for not expounding on those notations. Or if you like to call out people supporting a player because they happen to be an owner (as opposed to being an owner because they believe in a player). But I guess I need to expound...

Wentz was great in college. The knock he was getting coming into the pros was it wasn't long enough... He was the best QB prospect (in my opinion) and sure fire franchise QB to come out since Luck . He developed well as a rookie and was great thru this season up to the point of getting hurt.

By contrast, we have Nick Foles. A pedestrian talent who has been floundering in the NFL since being released by the Eagles on his first go around due to poor play. There is plenty of NFL history to demonstrate his average skill set. Over the last month he's been playing not to lose football games. Just because he played a very good game this week should not diminish Wentz's superior skill set & talent as a product of the "scheme".
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:44 pm

darewood11 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:26 pm McKinnon is looking pretty good tho I hope he lands in a good spot and is used like he should.11 catches and counting
Think he would be a good fit with Gruden in Oakland. Could be Gruden's new Charlie Garner.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:47 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:44 pm
darewood11 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:26 pm McKinnon is looking pretty good tho I hope he lands in a good spot and is used like he should.11 catches and counting
Think he would be a good fit with Gruden in Oakland. Could be Gruden's new Charlie Garner.
Ooo Charlie Garner. 1000 and 1000. What a back.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:50 pm

I guess he only got to 900s and 900s. Still...impressive season

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:52 pm

"THIS MCKINNON KIDS IS A GREAT GRINDER, GREAT WORK ETHIC, I LOVE HIS ATHLETICISM AND PASS CATCHING ABILITY. I THINK WE SHOULD SIGN THIS KID."
-Gruden's pitch to sign McKinnon
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:57 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:52 pm
"THIS MCKINNON KIDS IS A GREAT GRINDER, GREAT WORK ETHIC, I LOVE HIS ATHLETICISM AND PASS CATCHING ABILITY. I THINK WE SHOULD SIGN THIS KID."
...have you...tapped into Gruden's personal lines...?

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:22 pm

For some reason, I read this in a John Madden excited tone.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:46 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:22 pm

For some reason, I read this in a John Madden excited tone.
I read it as if Rodney Dangerfield was saying it for some reason.