ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: AFC / NFC Championship Week Discussion

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:55 pm

skip wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:07 am
James McGhee wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:34 pm
skip wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:42 pm

If I were dead, is be rolling over in my grave this is so ridiculous...
Your signature is ironic considering your comment here. Care to make an educated statement in retort or just going to go with ridiculous?
I was going to let this go but I just can't do it. Calling me out because of something in my signature (none of those things being in my comment). Curious if you get on people who post the "X2" or "Player X. Not close" types of statements for not expounding on those notations. Or if you like to call out people supporting a player because they happen to be an owner (as opposed to being an owner because they believe in a player). But I guess I need to expound...

Wentz was great in college. The knock he was getting coming into the pros was it wasn't long enough... He was the best QB prospect (in my opinion) and sure fire franchise QB to come out since Luck . He developed well as a rookie and was great thru this season up to the point of getting hurt.

By contrast, we have Nick Foles. A pedestrian talent who has been floundering in the NFL since being released by the Eagles on his first go around due to poor play. There is plenty of NFL history to demonstrate his average skill set. Over the last month he's been playing not to lose football games. Just because he played a very good game this week should not diminish Wentz's superior skill set & talent as a product of the "scheme".
To do so might be what one would consider Foley. :lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:59 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:44 pm
darewood11 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:26 pm McKinnon is looking pretty good tho I hope he lands in a good spot and is used like he should.11 catches and counting
Think he would be a good fit with Gruden in Oakland. Could be Gruden's new Charlie Garner.
I miss Charlie Garner. But he was also a stud in SF before Oakland.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:11 am

skip wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:07 am
James McGhee wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:34 pm
skip wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:42 pm

If I were dead, is be rolling over in my grave this is so ridiculous...
Your signature is ironic considering your comment here. Care to make an educated statement in retort or just going to go with ridiculous?
I was going to let this go but I just can't do it. Calling me out because of something in my signature (none of those things being in my comment). Curious if you get on people who post the "X2" or "Player X. Not close" types of statements for not expounding on those notations. Or if you like to call out people supporting a player because they happen to be an owner (as opposed to being an owner because they believe in a player). But I guess I need to expound...

Wentz was great in college. The knock he was getting coming into the pros was it wasn't long enough... He was the best QB prospect (in my opinion) and sure fire franchise QB to come out since Luck . He developed well as a rookie and was great thru this season up to the point of getting hurt.

By contrast, we have Nick Foles. A pedestrian talent who has been floundering in the NFL since being released by the Eagles on his first go around due to poor play. There is plenty of NFL history to demonstrate his average skill set. Over the last month he's been playing not to lose football games. Just because he played a very good game this week should not diminish Wentz's superior skill set & talent as a product of the "scheme".
The original question was not if Wentz is merely a product of the system, but how much of Wentz' play is a result of the system. This is a completely valid question.

Your argument is self-defeating. In the past five weeks of starting, including week 17 in which Foles played very little, he has a slightly higher completion percentage than Wentz with virtually the same ratio of tds to ints. Foles is much better than what many here think he is and Wentz is not as great as many think he is. Foles' second season in the league is arguably better than the second season that Wentz just completed. Chip Kelly's offense fell apart the following year and then Foles played for Jeff Fisher. Fisher is a QB killer, plain and simple. The reality is Foles is putting up very Wentz-like numbers, so if he is pedestrian talent as you claim, then it is more than valid to question how much of Wentz' success is a result of the system.
Last edited by dm1129 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:42 pm

^^I thought I was the only one who caught on that something was being argued was not even the actual question.. hah.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:59 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:59 pm
darewood11 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:26 pm McKinnon is looking pretty good tho I hope he lands in a good spot and is used like he should.11 catches and counting
Think he would be a good fit with Gruden in Oakland. Could be Gruden's new Charlie Garner.
Sure, but that followed a whole lot of okay seasons in Philly.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:29 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:59 pm

You are aware he was behind Herschel Walker and then Ricky Watters (and then Duce Staley) ...

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:42 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:29 pm

You are aware he was behind Herschel Walker and then Ricky Watters (and then Duce Staley) ...
Duce Staley was a third round rookie that was immediately started ahead of Garner. The team brought in Watters coming off a down season while Garner was on the roster. The team clearly had no faith in Garner as a lead back or felt he did not fit their system.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:15 am

ericanadian wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:42 pm
ArrylT wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:29 pm

Duce Staley was a third round rookie that was immediately started ahead of Garner. The team brought in Watters coming off a down season while Garner was on the roster. The team clearly had no faith in Garner as a lead back or felt he did not fit their system.
Sounds like... :think: ...McKinnon! :biggrin:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:11 pm

viewtopic.php?f=81&p=1393481#p1393481

Take your shot at predicting by how much the Patriots will beat the Eagles by ...