WR lottery tickets- who else likes em young?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
oban14
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

WR lottery tickets- who else likes em young?

Postby oban14 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:25 pm

My keeper/dynasty team was old and had garbage for RBs. So I traded AJ green for pick 1.6, a third rounder in 2018 and a third in 2019, and Isaiah crowell. Ended up with Corey Davis and mike Williams. Signed tons of second year/rookie players, assumed I'd have the worst record in the league and ended up in the playoffs. What's my point? Oh I forget... Maybe to list all the young WRs Ive been chasing/owning/waiting to take off. Would love your opinions on these guys.

Corey Davis - finally caught some TDs in a blowout loss to the pats. Glad mularkey is gone and hope he can take a big step forward. I don't understand how someone so talented gets such little production.

Josh Doctson - I don't understand how someone so talented gets such little production. Love all of his physical attributes and really thought he would be great this year. Didn't happen but still showed enough to sucker me in next year.

DeDe Westbrook - love his game, hope he can become a starter but they have to let arob go, he also has to beat out Cole/burns/Lee. And bortles kinda sucks although he did have a nice steak late in the year.

JuJu - fully expect him to be #2 next year. Would love consistency but don't see it unless brown gets hurt or gets old.

Mike Williams - showed me nothing. I could have had kamara instead :oops: anyone think he can do something next year?

Shepherd - just don't see #1 talent.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: WR lottery tickets- who else likes em young?

Postby Bot101 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:52 pm

Doctson - This was really his first year of action. So I can cut him a little slack. It seems alot of people hope Cousins stays, I hope he goes. Tough to break the chemistry a QB developes with his fav WR. I hope he makes some strides next season.

JuJu - Wouldnt be worried one bit. He produced whether or not Brown played. Yes insanely young and has a lot of room for growth.

Dede - Not all that interested in him personally. Seems like a decent WR but I dont see what the fuss is about.

Davis- Elite upside but some obstacles in his way. Not a fan of the Vrabel hiring. Was hoping to see someone that benefits Mariota more which in turn helps the weapons there.

rschroeder1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rschroeder1 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:49 pm

Doctson - definitely has displayed the physical tools, and has demonstrated the ability to win the jump ball, but the consistency just hasn't been there. I'm honestly not sure what to make of him, but not a lot of WR are full-fledged WR1 in their second year. QB situation needs to be sorted out.

Juju - count me as a believer. Until Brown declines/leaves, I think Juju will still have some of those down weeks, 3 for 40 yards or so, but I think he should be a solid WR2 with WR1 upside starting next year.

Dede - looks like a pro, but there's a lot of mouths to feed with limited targets (potentially).

Davis - first season is a wash, need to see what their offensive strategy would be, but probably has the clearest path to a WR1. Not sure he gets there, though. There's something odd about the Titans at times.

oban14
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby oban14 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:17 pm

Seems we're all at a consensus. Arob re-signing is a big factor for DeDe.