Duke Johnson's worth now

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Time to Sell Duke?

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:03 pm

So Todd Haley is Duke's new OC. Might be a boost for Duke considering his skill-set and how prolifically Haley used Bell as a pass-catcher. Or that might not mean anything, because Haley didn't call targets for Edge and Charles in Arizona and KC respectively the way he did Bell in Pitt.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:13 pm

btv802 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:19 pm All this talk of Duke being a buy low for a mid 2nd seems not based in reality to me. Do an experiment and go ask the Duke Johnson owner in your league what they'd need to trade him. My guess is it's a late 1st at a minimum.
Thank you!

About time someone said this.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:28 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:13 pm
btv802 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:19 pm All this talk of Duke being a buy low for a mid 2nd seems not based in reality to me. Do an experiment and go ask the Duke Johnson owner in your league what they'd need to trade him. My guess is it's a late 1st at a minimum.
Thank you!

Yeah. He aint for sale in my league.

gabes1919
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gabes1919 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:04 am

Bot101 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:28 pm
Thank you!

Yeah. He aint for sale in my league.
I own him in my league and yeah, I wouldn't sell for less than a 1st right now. And I would only do that because I'm trying to mitigate the risk of him getting shafted his last season here in Cleveland. But if they leave the draft without an RB in the first 2 or 3 rounds, I would have serious remorse over selling Duke for a 1st.

I like the Haley signing for Duke, he could do a Lev Bell impression if they give him a shot.
12 Team SF PPR
Start: QRRWWWTFFS
QB: Jackson, Garoppolo, Herbert, Griffin III, Taylor, Mullens
RB: Chubb, Kamara, Washington, Swift
WR: Godwin, Lockett, Boyd, Metcalf, T.Williams, Pascal, Stills, A.Tate, Jeudy
TE: Waller, Griffin, Ebron, Herndon
2021 Picks: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 3rd, 4th

12 Team SF PPR
Start: QRRWWWTFFS
QB: Wilson, Brissett, Fitzpatrick, Herbert, Tagovailoa, Rivers, Mariota, PJ.Walker
RB: Gurley, Dobbins, Edwards, Hines, Du.Johnson, J.Williams
WR: Thomas, C.Ridley, Boyd, T.Higgins, Pittman, R.Higgins, Pascal, C.Phillips, D.Williams
TE: Higbee, Eifert
2020 done
2021 Picks: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 4th

14 Team SF PPR
Start: QRRWWWTFFFS
QB: Wilson, Fitzpatrick, Tayor, Griffin III, PJ.Walker
RB: Chubb, Mixon, Ekeler, D.Montgomery, Drake, Burkhead, Collins
WR: Smith-Schuster, Metcalf, Renfrow, Aghelor, Gordon, D.Williams, Taylor, C.Phillips
TE: Higbee, Eifert
No 2020/2021 picks

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:30 am

He's an FA in '19 and I don't see him wanting to return in '19 if he doesn't have a shot at the RB job. I'm not selling. He's a buy to me if people are selling him on the cheap.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:46 pm

benpickering44 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:15 pm buy buy buy if people are valuing him as a mid second... Consistently one of the most efficient and elusive players in the league every single year. Cleveland shouldn't draft Barkley, and even if they do, Duke is a free agent in a year.
Pretty much nailed the gist of the article that appeared on the homepage this afternoon, so this thread is timely. And he'll just turn 25 before the start of next season. He's acclimated himself to the league, is entering his prime, and his arrow is pointing up. If someone is down on him for some reason and you can buy for a 2nd? You should probably take advantage.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:18 am

How'd it turn out the last time the Browns took "the best RB since Adrian Peterson" with their top 5 draft pick? Browns need to hit on two core players with their top picks and wait to draft RB at the top of the third. Joe Thomas may not return so I think they should go QB/LT.

Duke has immense talent and should thrive regardless. If the do take Bark I'm still confident there will be enough touches to keep him flex worthy in 2018 before hitting free agency as a 25 year old next spring. And yeah it would take a mid first to pry him off me, he's just way too valuable to my team as a ++ bye week guy or injury replacement. RBs get hurt, and Duke helped me win the ship when I lost Cook, Thompson and had Fournette's missed games. There's a RB-starved win-now team in my league with the 8th pick (via trade) and I'm not even sure I'd trade him Duke for that pick, when combined with the reality of how much it would improve his team and potentially hurt me down the line in a matchup. I'd rather he tests his chance by taking the 8th best RB in the draft (everyone will draft RB before him, 16 team league, everyone needs RBs).
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ
16 team PPR, 20 man rosters + 10 player taxi, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, D, K

QB: Wilson, Mayfield, Lance, Hill
RB: Kamara, Cook, Ekeler, CEH, Akers, Mattison, Ty Johnson, Funk, Nwangwu
WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami
TE: Kittle, Thomas

2022: 1,2,3,4,5

Irrational Integers
12 team SF
QB: Prescott, Watson, Minshew, D Jones, Newton
RB: Swift, J Williams, Akers, Cordarrelle, Mitchell
WR: Waddle, E Moore, Claypool, Patterson, R Moore, Bourne, Callaway, Treadwell
TE: Goedert, Shultz, Tonyan, Moreau, Parham

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:55 am

fakespike13 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:18 am How'd it turn out the last time the Browns took "the best RB since Adrian Peterson" with their top 5 draft pick? Browns need to hit on two core players with their top picks and wait to draft RB at the top of the third. Joe Thomas may not return so I think they should go QB/LT.
There is NO tackle worth taking in the first 10-15 picks. If the Browns took an OT over Saquon that would be absolute foolishness
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:34 am

Thank you!

Don't need an experiment. Saw him go for M. Bryant straight-up in my league. Which begs a WHOLE other argument (for Bryant).
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:35 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:55 am
fakespike13 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:18 am How'd it turn out the last time the Browns took "the best RB since Adrian Peterson" with their top 5 draft pick? Browns need to hit on two core players with their top picks and wait to draft RB at the top of the third. Joe Thomas may not return so I think they should go QB/LT.
There is NO tackle worth taking in the first 10-15 picks. If the Browns took an OT over Saquon that would be absolute foolishness
and that would surprise you in a franchise that has made historically terrible picks?

Just sayin'...
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:57 am

hjernazian wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:35 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:55 am
and that would surprise you in a franchise that has made historically terrible picks?

Just sayin'...
Hahaha, touché...

But the comment I responded to was not that the Browns WOULD take a tackle in the top 4, but rather that they SHOULD.

That's what I'm arguing against, the comment that it would be a good idea for them to take an OT in the top 4.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:05 am

The Browns have many needs, as you'd expect in a team that's won 1 single game over the past two seasons combined.

They have a lot of early draft picks this year and a lot of cap space to work with. So, there is a solid chance they can right the ship in short order. Whether or not that happens is yet to be seen.

When drafting players it's ALWAYS a good idea to draft the best player available. Typically teams will break players into tiers where multiple players are given a similar "grade" and then they draft the best player from their top tier still available on the board, while always keeping their team needs in mind for tie breakers.

Poor teams will reach for players and draft for team needs instead of drafting the best players available, or at least players from their top tier still on the board. Good/Great teams will draft high impact player positions early that are the best players available.

The likelihood that Barkley goes to a team with 2 of the top 4 picks in the draft is very high. He's a top prospect in this draft and he plays a position that not only can impact the scoring of the team that takes him, but will sell a lot of merchandise.

Because of that, the Duke owners have to be holding their breath right now. He's a "buy low" if you want to roll the dice and hope things fall your way. But, the Browns have 2 early 1st's where they may draft Barkley, 3 2nd round picks and the first pick in the 3rd. That's 6 picks where a RB could be drafted who will drastically reduce Duke's value.

If I'm a Duke owner I'm very nervous. But at the same time it's hard to sell him for less than a late 1st or very early 2nd round pick in 12 team leagues.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:44 am

kris_kapsner wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:05 am The Browns have many needs, as you'd expect in a team that's won 1 single game over the past two seasons combined.

They have a lot of early draft picks this year and a lot of cap space to work with. So, there is a solid chance they can right the ship in short order. Whether or not that happens is yet to be seen.

When drafting players it's ALWAYS a good idea to draft the best player available. Typically teams will break players into tiers where multiple players are given a similar "grade" and then they draft the best player from their top tier still available on the board, while always keeping their team needs in mind for tie breakers.

Poor teams will reach for players and draft for team needs instead of drafting the best players available, or at least players from their top tier still on the board. Good/Great teams will draft high impact player positions early that are the best players available.

The likelihood that Barkley goes to a team with 2 of the top 4 picks in the draft is very high. He's a top prospect in this draft and he plays a position that not only can impact the scoring of the team that takes him, but will sell a lot of merchandise.

Because of that, the Duke owners have to be holding their breath right now. He's a "buy low" if you want to roll the dice and hope things fall your way. But, the Browns have 2 early 1st's where they may draft Barkley, 3 2nd round picks and the first pick in the 3rd. That's 6 picks where a RB could be drafted who will drastically reduce Duke's value.

If I'm a Duke owner I'm very nervous. But at the same time it's hard to sell him for less than a late 1st or very early 2nd round pick in 12 team leagues.
Exactly, well thought out and reasoned.
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

Benny5
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Benny5 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:18 pm

I just traded Chris Thompson for Duke and a 4th rounder... that contract, means if Barkley or other backs come to Cleveland... Duke could go somewhere and be something. I felt Thompson and Duke were about equal with their talent and potential... the 47th pick in this rookie draft could help me secure TE for my taxi squad... or let me take a shot at best available in what might have very different guys available depending on my league's owners valuations (First time dynasty owners... could be significant reaches early or lack of studying)
Commissioner of 3 leagues
TEAM 1 - 2018 will be 1st season
12 Team, PPR, 3IR, 6 Taxi
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1SupFlex | 1K | 1DEF |
QB Rodgers | Jimmy G | T Taylor
WR A Brown | D Hopkins | Woods | Shepard | Cole
HB Cook | Freeman | Drake | Duke Johnson | A Jones | J Richard
TE Kelce | Hooper | Butt
K Gostkowski | Butker
DEF Ravens | Eagles
TAXI (Not yet designated)
2018 1.12 (12) 2.7 (19), 2.9 (21)
2019 2nd, 2nd, 2nd
2020 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

TEAM 2 - 2018 will be 1st season
10 Team, PPR, 3IR, 5 Taxi
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1SupFlex | 1RB/WR | 1DEF |
QB Rodgers | Wilson | Mahomes | Webb
WR D Hopkins | M Thomas | A Cooper | J Gordon | C Coleman
HB Gordon | Ingram | Freeman | Drake | Duke Johnson | Montgomery | A Jones
TE Ertz | H Henry
DEF Bears | Broncos
TAXI (Not yet designated)
2018 2.6 (16), 2.7 (17), 2.10 (20), 3.5 (25)
2019 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd
2020 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:43 am

Benny5 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:18 pm I just traded Chris Thompson for Duke and a 4th rounder... that contract, means if Barkley or other backs come to Cleveland... Duke could go somewhere and be something. I felt Thompson and Duke were about equal with their talent and potential... the 47th pick in this rookie draft could help me secure TE for my taxi squad... or let me take a shot at best available in what might have very different guys available depending on my league's owners valuations (First time dynasty owners... could be significant reaches early or lack of studying)
I love that trade for you, I agree in the talent being very similar and why not get a dart throw too.
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th