In your fantasy dreams, who does SF sign in free agency?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: In your fantasy dreams, who does SF sign in free agency?

Postby Jfever » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:05 pm

:think:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Stevens61310 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Have to admit--I don't have fantasy dreams about SF--LOL

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:13 pm

Maybe it's because I'm being too realistic here but I'll be the one to throw out the curveball and say I want Tyrell Williams in San Francisco.

Not sure how it would turn out fantasywise but he's an exceptionally athletic tall WR who will be a threat for jump balls and a threat in the redzone, to go with Garcon as a possession WR, Trent Taylor in the slot and Goodwin with that burner speed.

Arob should get franchised.
I think Watkins gets franchised.
I think Josh Gordon gets a 1st round restricted tender.
Jarvis Landry would be a solid add too, just think the money would be better spent on OL and Secondary and Jimmy G's big fat super long term contract.
Terrelle Pryor is trash
I wouldn't be very excited over JMatt to be honest.
I think Denver gets a QB in free agency and retains DT.

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:24 pm

Jason wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:13 pm Maybe it's because I'm being realistic here but I'll be the one to throw out the curveball and say I want Tyrell Williams in San Francisco.

Not sure how it would turn out fantasywise but he's an exceptionally athletic tall WR who will be a threat for jump balls and a threat in the redzone, to go with Garcon as a possession WR, Trent Taylor in the slot and Goodwin with that burner speed.

Arob should get franchised.
I think Watkins gets franchised.
I think Josh Gordon gets a 1st round restricted tender.
Jarvis Landry would be a solid add too, just think the money would be better spent on OL and Secondary and Jimmy G's big fat super long term contract.
Terrelle Pryor is trash
I wouldn't be very excited over JMatt to be honest.
I think Denver gets a QB in free agency and retains DT.
I've watch a lot of Tyrell over the past two years and I've never thought of him as a jump ball kind of guy. He T-rex arms lots of catches--never really fully extends. They use him and Benjamin in the same way, he just happens to be bigger. I think a lot of the reason why they drafted Mike Williams was because they wanted a 50/50 guy.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:35 pm

I don’t think Jacksonville is gonna franchise ARob OR offer him a monster deal, which means he’d be crazy to stay.

He’d be better off going the Alshon route and going to a team with a young QB and good OC to rehab his value, and SF seems like the perfect spot.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:36 pm

Yeah perhaps, just felt like he was a big playmaker for SD 2 years ago and was underutilized this season with Keenan Allen back, granted he did have a few drops and missed plays.

Another I'd really love to have is Jimmy Graham. I think the coaches really like Celek but I think he'd be a real sizable upgrade and would get him out of Seattle and away from New Orleans or Green Bay.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:09 pm

If we are sharing off-season fantasies about the 49ers I guess I can share this one:

The Patriots trade Brady, Edelman, Amendola, Britt and their 2018 & 19 1sts
to Cleveland Browns in exchange for
The 1.01 and Josh Gordon

However before Patriots nation can rip them a new one, the Patriots have flipped the 1.01 to
S.F. 49ers in exchange for
J. Garoppolo and the 1.09/1.10

Brady goes on to lead the Browns to 3 straight AFC Championship losses, losing each time to Garoppolo & the Patriots (still coached by Belichick).

Meanwhile the 49ers make the wrong QB choice at 1.01, and stun the world by going with Baker Mayfield, who after the draft removes his costume and shouts "Surprise! I am Johnny Manziel!" This draft ineptitude and trade rape of the 49ers causes them be the laughingstock of the NFL after they become the first team to go 0-48. At which point Jed York chooses to sell the team rather than being forced to be expelled from the NFL and required to join the Arena Football league.

The Patriots, of course, go on to win the next 5 straight Super Bowls - after which Belichick retires, and they rename the event the Belichick Bowl.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:19 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:35 pm I don’t think Jacksonville is gonna franchise ARob OR offer him a monster deal, which means he’d be crazy to stay.
I feel like there is a decent chance he gets franchised if they cannot convinced him to sign with him.
They'll apparently have almost 20m in cap space before cutting dead weight (and I'm sure there will be some cuts).
From what I see - no big free agents or potentially expensive players. A back-up QB probably, but beyond that not much.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:21 pm

More seriously yeah it seems like Lynch has a plan to build through the draft and only sign inexpensive veterans. Maybe this will change with the success of Garoppolo but I'd be surprised if they went after any big name skill players with big contracts.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:23 pm

I've seen Jed York do nothing but be a bumbling idiot for the past decade. It would not surprise me if they end up giving Jimmy G the Kirk Cousins treatment and after 2 franchise tags he ends up back in New England in unrestricted free agency to replace a retiring 42 year old Tom Brady and the Patriots don't miss a beat for the next decade. That's just a Patriots type of thing to happen and it's a 49ers type of thing to happen.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:52 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:19 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:35 pm I don’t think Jacksonville is gonna franchise ARob OR offer him a monster deal, which means he’d be crazy to stay.
I feel like there is a decent chance he gets franchised if they cannot convinced him to sign with him.
They'll apparently have almost 20m in cap space before cutting dead weight (and I'm sure there will be some cuts).
From what I see - no big free agents or potentially expensive players. A back-up QB probably, but beyond that not much.
Yeah, but that’s all assuming they keep Bortles without extending him.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 am

Marquis Goodwin signed to an extension in SF.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -extension

That plus Garcon contract

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisc ... rcon-5014/

Might put the kiboosh on the 49ers signing any big name FA WRs and going the draft route instead (maybe with their 3rd or 4th round picks).

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:11 am

They have tons of cap space. I think they go after ARob

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:26 am

Landry please !

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:09 am

I’d like to see Marquise Lee land in San Fran.

I’d also like to see Demarco Murray sign with the 49ers.

Crazy fantasy dream:

ARob signs with the Cowboys and Dez Bryant is released. Dez signs with the 49ers and returns to 80+ catches for 1100 yards and 12 TD’s.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings