Is Darkwa worth a roster spot or leave on the wire?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Is Darkwa worth a roster spot or leave on the wire?

Postby UATahoe » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:58 pm

With him being a free agent, are guys grabbing and holding? Hard to determine anything with the giants offense being so poor this year.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Is Darkwa worth a roster spot or leave on the wire?

Postby btv802 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:23 pm

Really depends on number of teams and roster size in your league, but yes I think he's generally worth rostering. If it's the league in your signature which seems like 12 team with 20 active roster...yeah he's at least on the backend of players worth rostering at this point in the offseason. Keep in mind you have a ton of draft picks and he might need to be cut to accommodate all that fresh blood (although I'd probably prefer rostering him to some of the later picks you have).

Ultimately, so much is TBD with Darkwa. I picked him up off waivers during the season and traded him for what turned out to be the 3.05 in 2018 and I'm fine with that.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Yes, depending on roster size and who you're dropping. If this is for the team in your sig, I wouldn't drop anyone for Darkwa, except for your DST.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:47 pm

Thanks guys. Kind of what I was thinking. My roster really needs rb help but hopefully I can get some good hits with my early picks.

2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:48 pm

RB6 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:43 pm Yes, depending on roster size and who you're dropping. If this is for the team in your sig, I wouldn't drop anyone for Darkwa, except for your DST.
I'd consider dropping him for Joe Williams TBH. That guy seems like he may have just been a lot of hot air & hype based on a fun offseason narrative.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

oban14
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby oban14 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:16 pm

I would rather have Williams than Darkwa. I don't see Darkwa or Gallman as the answer for the NYG or wherever they go. Joe Williams is a long shot, but he just might be the answer.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:45 pm

oban14 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:16 pm I would rather have Williams than Darkwa. I don't see Darkwa or Gallman as the answer for the NYG or wherever they go. Joe Williams is a long shot, but he just might be the answer.
I'm not sure that either Darkwa or Williams are talented enough to be the "answer" for any NFL team. I'm not a HUGE Orleans Darkwa fan but trying to keep things in context, the guy wasn't all that bad this year. Among the 25 RBs that rushed for at least 700 yards this season he had the 9th best yards/attempt (4.39) on a team with a terrible offensive line. On the flipside, Joe Williams was essentially beat out by rookie UDFA Matt Breida to back up Carlos Hyde this year. If the 49ers let Hyde walk in free agency you really think it seems likely he's going to get a shot to be the "answer" this year? That's a tough narrative for me to get behind.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:19 pm

btv802 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:45 pm
oban14 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:16 pm I would rather have Williams than Darkwa. I don't see Darkwa or Gallman as the answer for the NYG or wherever they go. Joe Williams is a long shot, but he just might be the answer.
I'm not sure that either Darkwa or Williams are talented enough to be the "answer" for any NFL team. I'm not a HUGE Orleans Darkwa fan but trying to keep things in context, the guy wasn't all that bad this year. Among the 25 RBs that rushed for at least 700 yards this season he had the 9th best yards/attempt (4.39) on a team with a terrible offensive line. On the flipside, Joe Williams was essentially beat out by rookie UDFA Matt Breida to back up Carlos Hyde this year. If the 49ers let Hyde walk in free agency you really think it seems likely he's going to get a shot to be the "answer" this year? That's a tough narrative for me to get behind.
I thought Williams got injured rather then beat out. Could be wrong though, either way I think Hyde is gone this year and they draft another back in first 4 rnds

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:23 pm

That’s what I was thinking too and then they just shut him down on IR.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:24 pm

AussieMate wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:19 pmI thought Williams got injured rather then beat out. Could be wrong though, either way I think Hyde is gone this year and they draft another back in first 4 rnds
Yes technically Williams had a lingering ankle injury that supposedly happened in college...so the speculation is that the 49ers basically used it as an excuse to put him on IR because they didn't think he was going to contribute this season and wanted to free up room on the active roster without cutting him. So yes, one can maintain a reasonable glimmer of hope for Williams but it's still not a great look.

I'm not saying Williams doesn't also belong on deeper dynasty rosters, but if Darkwa is free I'm not sure it's a slam dunk you keep Williams stashed.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

oban14
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby oban14 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:30 pm

The niners were happy to put him on IR where they could control/own him and not lose a roster spot. I'm just saying, I think we have seen Darkwa's ceiling and we haven't seen Williams yet. It's quite possible they both suck, it's possible the niners bring back Hyde, and it's also possible they go all in on Breida.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:40 am

yes he finished top 25 in rush yards and didnt have a lead role for more than 2/3 of the season. also had a nice ypc and is only 25...he should be owned
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:26 am

Darkwa's worth a spot at the end of a dynasty bench, but I wouldn't expect him to land somewhere as a starter this offseason. He may have done enough this year to convince some team to make him the primary backup to their starter. He's still young, he plays all 3-downs, he can catch passes, and he's big enough for goal-line carries. He isn't going to be a team's first choice, but if he lands on a team with a good O-line as their #2 guy, he could matter to us in '18.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:51 am

Darkwa just seems like one of those guys that the Patriots would pickup in the offseason. He showed well, didn't have much blocking in front of him, yet we seemed conditioned to not like him. The Pats will see he's actually good. Pick him up for cheap. And he'll be a stud.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5