Which team's backfield is the worst to own?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
oban14
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Which team's backfield is the worst to own?

Postby oban14 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:58 pm

I think Carson can actually be the RB they're looking for, but it isn't a sure thing. Having owned a few backs on NYG, I'm going to have to say they're the worst one to own.

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:03 pm

I'd say Seattle because they have like 7 different RBs 4 of them that have flashed or shown something and are likely to still draft some. After that I'd say any team with a pick in the top 10 especially if they don't need a QB or top 5 even if they need one (any team in the top 5 could end up going Barkley over their QB need). But basically you could be sitting here saying feelin confident cause there's no threat on the roster and bam, in comes walking Saquon Barkley. I don't think there is a single person who feels that no matter WHO is currently on the roster Barkley is walking into the lead RB role.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:03 pm

joeday wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:55 pm It's gotta be SEA. Not only is there not a clear starter and the OL sucks terribly but there is so much potential for points there which just makes it so damn frustrating. In my 4 player keeper draft I drafted Lacy early-ish and moved him as soon as I could...total wasted pick. There is a long thread on the other forum about if Barkley goes to the Browns...granted, I havent read it but I assume some people are fearful of him going to CLE...I would actually be more concerned if he went to SEA! lol
Agree

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:35 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:03 pm
joeday wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:55 pm It's gotta be SEA. Not only is there not a clear starter and the OL sucks terribly but there is so much potential for points there which just makes it so damn frustrating. In my 4 player keeper draft I drafted Lacy early-ish and moved him as soon as I could...total wasted pick. There is a long thread on the other forum about if Barkley goes to the Browns...granted, I havent read it but I assume some people are fearful of him going to CLE...I would actually be more concerned if he went to SEA! lol
Agree
Rest easy gentlemen!

Seattle is sitting at #18 with no 2nd-round pick. Schneider is going to trade out of the first-round again to get back that 2nd-rounder and add an additional pick. I believe they'll be going heavy on the defensive side of the ball, looking to replace elements of the aging "Legion of Boom".
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:39 pm

I think some of these teams being mentioned are more so because the RBs are terrible, and not necessarily the team/coaching. For example, Lewis had a good 2nd half of the season, but that was mostly due to other RBs being injured. I'd hate to own any Belichick RB for the most part. Similarly, I'm a huge Mixon fan, but owning RBs being coached by Marv is extremely frustrating. I think if teams like the NYG or Det had good options at RB, it wouldn't be as terrible owning their backfield.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:00 pm

I'd like to add Green Bay to this list. I believe the GB backfield will get even more crowded before the start of 2018. They have very little draft capital invested in Williams/Jones/Mays (4th/5th/6th respectively) a new GM that seems willing to test the FA market.

They all showed signs of being good starters but none could stay healthy.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:41 pm

The Lions have been dead last in total rushing yards 2 of the past 3 years.

The Seahawks outrushed teams like the Raiders - although yes this includes QB rush yardage - I think their issues stem more from health and bad usage (not one of their RBs reached 100 attempts) and that seems like it could be fixed with a new OC and some healthy RBs / O-Linemen.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:24 am

I remember right before the season started in a short bench league , I off loaded rawls and lacy for an 18 2nd and got crushed by a couple of managers for it being a charity move for the receiving manager . Needless to say I feel guilty for doing that to a buddy - dude still won't take my calls .

Carson did look stout pre injury and I had written off mike davis due to his 2.0 YPC in san fran but he looked OK , combine that with the fact that seattle didn't have a need for alex collins , who then looked really solid in baltimore makes me think it is worth adding carson or davis cheap just in case seattle sorts out their Oline .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Goodfellas
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Goodfellas » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:16 am

With the carnage that there always seems to be @ the RB position, even the most dreaded backfields like
SEA present some dart throws, especially with deep rosters. I have Prosise & Davis stashed 'cause ya never know...
10 Team PPR | 31 Roster, 7 Taxi | QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, LB, DE, DB, Def Flex
QB - Winston, Prescott, Mayfield, Minshew
RB - Gurley, Mixon, R. Freeman, D. Johnson, D. Guice, Gio
WR - A-Rob, Godwin, Cooks, Sammy, C. Davis, T-Boyd, P. Campbell, P. Wilson, J. Washington
TE - Hooper, Njoku, C. Herndon
IDP - D. Leonard, J. Hicks, V. Bell, E. Reid, J. Allen

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:56 am

Goodfellas wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:16 am With the carnage that there always seems to be @ the RB position, even the most dreaded backfields like
SEA present some dart throws, especially with deep rosters. I have Prosise & Davis stashed 'cause ya never know...
You kind of do know, though. They have very limited upsides and zero floor.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:55 pm

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the 4 headed monster of Philadelphia.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:29 pm

The same people saying Carson looks like "the guy", were saying the same thing about Rawls after a half a season of work.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:41 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:29 pm The same people saying Carson looks like "the guy", were saying the same thing about Rawls after a half a season of work.
Maybe not the same people, but the same things were said, and Rawls looked very effective just like Carson

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:00 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:29 pm The same people saying Carson looks like "the guy", were saying the same thing about Rawls after a half a season of work.
To be fair they did look like really solid 2 down guys with 3 down potential, Rawls just can't stay healthy and Carson tore his ACL, cant know a guy for an unfortunate injury like that where he got folded on himself. Rawls on the other hand I give the injury prone designation
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:00 pm

Hands down...Seattle.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed, Bateman
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.07, 2.06, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: Achane, K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 0.0 (Blutarski)
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5