Todd Haley GONE

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Todd Haley GONE

Postby raiders444 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:27 pm

Bot101 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:58 pm
raiders444 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:48 pm As a Martavis Bryant owner, I couldnt be happier seeing him go. How many times I watched the steelers try to force yet another pass to Brown in triple coverage while Bryant stood all alone on the other side of the field
Uhhh wouldnt that be on Big Ben who makes the decision to throw to AB instead of Bryant? Haley doesnt tell Ben "throw it to AB no matter how many are covering him!"
Probably true, but also I am sure Haley wasnt exactly going out of his way to draw up plays for Martavis
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:28 pm

If he drew up plays in which Martavis was getting open...what's your complaint, exactly? That they made the best WR in the game the primary read more often than not? Unless the next coordinator is off his rocker, I don't think that changes. Even if he IS crazy, I think Ben will override it.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:28 pm If he drew up plays in which Martavis was getting open...what's your complaint, exactly? That they made the best WR in the game the primary read more often than not? Unless the next coordinator is off his rocker, I don't think that changes. Even if he IS crazy, I think Ben will override it.
yep.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Digging into this a little deeper, it may not have been the results Haley produced that had much to do with the decision not to offer him an extension. Maybe a Steelers die-hard can confirm/deny, but it's my understanding that Haley was somewhat of a control freak. He called the plays, and that's the play you execute.

He didn't want Ben to make adjustments at the line, call audibles, or give him much leeway with the offense. It sounds like they're going to do that more with a new OC in place.

I specifically remember the 4-and-1 in the 4th quarter where Ben threw the ball 10 or so yards downfield to a diving JuJu and the pass went just off his fingertips. Turnover on downs. The TV crew then showed Roethlisberger on the sidelines talking with a teammate, and he sort of shrugged his shoulders and put his hands up. Kind of a "What am I supposed to do?" gesture.

I'm guessing he ran the play that was called, but would have preferred to run a sneak, or hand it off to Bell in an attempt to get the 1st-down and keep the drive going. But that's not the play Todd wanted. Just a theory, but maybe there's something to it?
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

oban14
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby oban14 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:59 pm

CK_ wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:26 am He can come to Tenn. I won't fight it.
This is what I'm hoping for as a Davis/Henry owner.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:25 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:45 pm Digging into this a little deeper, it may not have been the results Haley produced that had much to do with the decision not to offer him an extension. Maybe a Steelers die-hard can confirm/deny, but it's my understanding that Haley was somewhat of a control freak. He called the plays, and that's the play you execute.

He didn't want Ben to make adjustments at the line, call audibles, or give him much leeway with the offense. It sounds like they're going to do that more with a new OC in place.

I specifically remember the 4-and-1 in the 4th quarter where Ben threw the ball 10 or so yards downfield to a diving JuJu and the pass went just off his fingertips. Turnover on downs. The TV crew then showed Roethlisberger on the sidelines talking with a teammate, and he sort of shrugged his shoulders and put his hands up. Kind of a "What am I supposed to do?" gesture.

I'm guessing he ran the play that was called, but would have preferred to run a sneak, or hand it off to Bell in an attempt to get the 1st-down and keep the drive going. But that's not the play Todd wanted. Just a theory, but maybe there's something to it?
Part of that may be true but isnt that the head coaches job to handle those type of situations? Tomlin isnt a delicate flower who would let his OC run all over him, is he? lol. I also have a hard time believing Ben didnt call audibles when, each week, I heard him make audibles. There was a big story out here about him audibling to "DILLY DILLY" for god sakes haha
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:29 pm

joeday wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:25 pm There was a big story out here about him audibling to "DILLY DILLY" for god sakes haha
I don't know if it was an audible, or just cadence. But I was watching that game, and he did. :lol:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:49 pm

Anyone think he gets a HC job somewhere? Or is he stuck with an OC job?

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:59 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:49 pm Anyone think he gets a HC job somewhere? Or is he stuck with an OC job?
Well, they let him walk kind of late in this year's cycle for that don't you think? It's possible, but it seems most of the teams have been zeroing in on their candidates over the last couple of weeks. Some are just waiting for the playoffs to end.

But this could shake things up. Maybe an OC in 2018, and with a solid showing a HC in 2019? There's openings ever year after all!

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:59 pm
slaughterrt wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:49 pm Anyone think he gets a HC job somewhere? Or is he stuck with an OC job?
Well, they let him walk kind of late in this year's cycle for that don't you think? It's possible, but it seems most of the teams have been zeroing in on their candidates over the last couple of weeks. Some are just waiting for the playoffs to end.

But this could shake things up. Maybe an OC in 2018, and with a solid showing a HC in 2019? There's openings ever year after all!
The Vikings will need some candidates to interview if/when Shurmur goes after the Super Bowl victory.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Looks like there's an OC opening now with the NYJ as well.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:38 pm

sesame street thugz wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:28 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:55 am It's a little weird too since even though his relationship with Big Ben has been strained, he just came out the other day in support of Haley keeping his job. Something to the effect of, "As little change as possible," is what's best to keep the team humming along. Now this?

I suppose it's another example of the though process where, "We just suffered a tough loss in the playoffs. Now someone has to pay!" I'm not sure that's always the best approach. And in this case I don't know that it will make the Steelers a better team on offense. I watched a lot of that game last weekend, and while there were a couple of turnovers, the offense wasn't the reason Pittsburgh lost. They simply didn't do a good job of stopping Jacksonville, and couldn't turn Bortles over. That's Todd Haley's fault?

Too bad we already hired Schottenheimer in Seattle. I'd rather have Haley. I think this is a mistake, and possibly a gift for the other teams in the AFC North.
I would take any report of Ben supporting Haley with a rather large grain of salt. Ben is a prima donna and a drama queen and what he publicly says should not be trusted.
This. My guess is the decision was already made on Haley when Ben released those statements. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Ben was using retirement as a threat to get rid of Haley.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:04 pm

Tbh good riddance. Any oc that refused to call a qb sneak on fourth and inches on multiple occasions with the biggest qb in the league deserves to be fired. Anyone that watched the jags Steelers game could easily see the jags out coached the Steelers and it wasn’t even close
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:07 pm

And to piggy back off my previous statement I really like Tomlin but I’ve seen him out coached often as well
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:48 pm

I have never seen tomlin outcoached except for 3 kinds of teams - bad teams , good teams , & all the teams in between !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci