Wow, Bryce Love returning for senior year

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Wow, Bryce Love returning for senior year

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:45 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:25 pm I don't see why. Most teams probably don't assume any given player will be with them for more than their rookie contract anyway.
Fair point. It's generally the special players that earn a second contract with their original team. I think it's close to 70% of players drafted don't get that big second deal from their original club. Salary cap.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:11 pm
UATahoe wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:23 am Completely support the decision to stay in school. I will say though if he wants to be a doctor, wouldn't surprise me if that means a very short NFL stint isn't in the cards. Would still have 10 years of school left to become a doctor. Will be interesting to see how this one plays out. If he is that determined wouldn't be surprised to see him opt for a medical career and no football.
Reminds me of Robert Smith with the Vikings. Though he did play for eight seasons.

It does have me wondering if his interest in pursuing medicine will scare NFL teams away? How much draft capital do you want to spend on a player who may or may not want to have a lengthy career in the league?
Yeah it doesn't scare NFL teams. Tarik Cohen said in March that he was only going to play the League average of 3 years at the time and he still got picked up by the Bears in the 4th
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:51 pm

CK_ wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:36 pm Yeah it doesn't scare NFL teams. Tarik Cohen said in March that he was only going to play the League average of 3 years at the time and he still got picked up by the Bears in the 4th
That's interesting. I'd never heard that before about Cohen.

I guess it doesn't phase an NFL front office. But as a dynasty owner it might make me think twice on draft day had I known something like this.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:57 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:51 pm
CK_ wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:36 pm Yeah it doesn't scare NFL teams. Tarik Cohen said in March that he was only going to play the League average of 3 years at the time and he still got picked up by the Bears in the 4th

I guess it doesn't phase an NFL front office. But as a dynasty owner it might make me think twice on draft day had I known something like this.
What percentage players on your Dynasty Roster have been there 4+ years?

I'm going to assume it's low and if it is low then why would you worry about players possibly not being in the league 4+ years when they rarely last that long on your Dynasty rosters?
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Apologies on the slight derailment. Figured I'd atleast post the link and quote. But yeah completely agree with what chopping mall has said. If it's not one of the top 3 picks in the rookie draft or it's no heavily loaded top heavy then I would be more than happy to get 3-4 years of solid production from a pick.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnati ... na-at-hbcu

“I feel like I want to play at least three years in the league, that’s the average,” Cohen said. “I want to meet the average, get a good name for myself, and then take off in marketing and then do a lot of philanthropy work.”
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:43 pm

chopping mall wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:57 pm What percentage players on your Dynasty Roster have been there 4+ years?

I'm going to assume it's low and if it is low then why would you worry about players possibly not being in the league 4+ years when they rarely last that long on your Dynasty rosters?
I'm possibly an anomaly, but Wilson, L. Miller, Crowell, Dez, T.Y. Hilton, Alshon, and Kelce have all been on my team 4+ years. That's 7 of 18 spots (2 roster spots for K/D). Maybe I hold players longer than most?

I wouldn't mind moving on from Miller/Dez. But for what I can get back for either I'll probably just ride them out unless they get hot and I receive and offer.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:51 pm I guess it doesn't phase an NFL front office. But as a dynasty owner it might make me think twice on draft day had I known something like this.
My main dynasty team drafted in 2014, so we've had our teams for 4 seasons now and the only player still on my roster from that original draft is Allen Robinson. In that original draft I also got Dez/AB/Nuk/Hyde. I've since traded them all away for bigger and better things, or I've tanked, not really sure yet.

Edit: This is with a 25 man roster

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:02 am I thought he was going to be overrated just like CMC was (as a runner) so i'm not particularly bummed about this. You have to think he was told he wouldn't be a day 2 pick and that's why he went back and hope the class isn't as strong next year or something, idk. Otherwise it's idiotic. Well it's still probably stupid but maybe a little less so.
That’s exactly why I AM bummed about this. I was hoping Love would push somebody I do like one spot down draft boards.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:38 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:15 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:02 am I thought he was going to be overrated just like CMC was (as a runner) so i'm not particularly bummed about this. You have to think he was told he wouldn't be a day 2 pick and that's why he went back and hope the class isn't as strong next year or something, idk. Otherwise it's idiotic. Well it's still probably stupid but maybe a little less so.
That’s exactly why I AM bummed about this. I was hoping Love would push somebody I do like one spot down draft boards.
I think you guys are doing Love a disservice. The only knock on him is he's 10-20 pounds too light. I love his tape. Best vision of the ~10 backs I've watched in this class.

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:25 pm

Love and Harris.

Are there any other top fantasy football prospects that decided to return to school?
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:55 pm

spider321 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:25 pm Love and Harris.

Are there any other top fantasy football prospects that decided to return to school?
Really puts a damper on this class for me

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:57 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:15 pm
This. I have the 1.6 pick. If Love could have gotten himself picked at 1.5 it would have been great for me
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:09 pm

What's the knock on Love other than size? I'd love to hear opinions. I think I'm higher on him than most.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:18 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:55 pm
spider321 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:25 pm Love and Harris.

Really puts a damper on this class for me
Does LJ Scott qualify? He seems like a decent RB.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:25 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:09 pm What's the knock on Love other than size? I'd love to hear opinions. I think I'm higher on him than most.
He wasn't used as a receiver
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)