thoughts on Chris Hogan in 2018?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hjernazian
Captain
Captain

thoughts on Chris Hogan in 2018?

Postby hjernazian » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:10 am

Considering bundling him 2.05 and 3.07 for Ajayi. The owner is stacked at RB in DJ, Kamara and C. Thompson and very weak at WR (nothing really outside of DT and Theilen). I also don't want to be insulting, I know Ajayi is a polarizing player. Thoughts? I am also willing to go Njoku, Hogan and 2.05 if I have to.

But what is everyones thoughts on Hogan? is he going to settle into as the WR2 in NE next year (large FA WR class) ? Personally, I don't see Edelman really returning to form, and if he settles into that Edelman role, can be a great WR4/5 to have on a dynasty squad at a relatively young 29 with lots of thread left there. The guy put up a little over 100 fantasy points in just 7 games.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: If he does settle into Brady's #2 (even if it's behind Cooks and Gronk) I feel I'm giving up too much as Ajayi - to me - is as giant of a ? mark as you can get. LMK if I am wrong here.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: thoughts on Chris Hogan in 2018?

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:32 am

I think that's a fair offer. RBs getting regular touches are more rare than WRs, so getting Ajayi there is good.

As for Hogan, I expect 2018 to be like 2017. You never really know when you can start him. Hope he has one of his two TD days when you did. Edelman will be back, I think he'll start slow but be back to normal by mid season.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:16 am

Malcolm Mitchell will be back next season also and the consensus used to be that Mitchell would take over Edelman's role on the team. Not sure if that's still what people are thinking but this WR corp looks packed and hard to predict who shakes out as a viable option behind Gronk and Cooks.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:58 am

Too many mouths to feed. Yeah, Hogan will have a handful of weekly WR1 games but with Cooks, Gronk, Mitchell, Edelmann, Amendola, Burkhead, White and Lewis... good luck! My rule is that the only Patriots you're able to count on week to week are Brady and Gronk. Edelman somewhat as well in previous years but his return from injury causes pause for me there even.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:10 am

chris thompson is a part of being stacked at rb?

i like hogan more than ajayi but if you are super weak at rb then you should be able to get it done with just hogan and the 2nd
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Since he has no dead cap money it seems feasible (although maybe not probable) that he is a cut candidate?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england- ... ogan-9068/
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:34 pm

Amendola was clearly the beneficiary of Edelman's injury and I agree that it seemed like Mitchell was the long term replacement. Hogan has played mostly on the outside. He had some value before Cooks arrived. Not so much now. If you can move that package for Ajayi, I would do it.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:05 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:10 am chris thompson is a part of being stacked at rb?

i like hogan more than ajayi but if you are super weak at rb then you should be able to get it done with just hogan and the 2nd
he's not elite but he is definitely a weekly RB2/flex, and a strong one.The guy put up 153 fantasy points with a 39/500+/4 line in just his receiving in 11 games! and was on pace to near 250 points. If that's not a strong RB2 IDK what is, and having him behind DJ and Kamara is pretty stacked imo.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10

Team 2

RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:12 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:32 am I think that's a fair offer. RBs getting regular touches are more rare than WRs, so getting Ajayi there is good.

As for Hogan, I expect 2018 to be like 2017. You never really know when you can start him. Hope he has one of his two TD days when you did. Edelman will be back, I think he'll start slow but be back to normal by mid season.
Thanks for the feedback but I don't know if that's true. In weeks 1 through 8 he had 6 where he scored at least 11 fantasy points (with a ceiling of 22 and a 4 game streak weeks 2-5 between 18-22 points). Considering Week 1 Edelman was healthy and this is one of the 2 weeks he put up duds, that entrenches him into double digit fantasy points 6/7 weeks. If those are not WR2/3 numbers (and I'm being conservative) IDK what is.

Sadly, I traded for him the a week or two before he got hurt in an attempt to save my season. Oh, did I mention the Jordy was acquired in the same deal only to see Rodgers go down as well? Yeah... was that kind of season :o

ArrylT wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:34 pm Since he has no dead cap money it seems feasible (although maybe not probable) that he is a cut candidate?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england- ... ogan-9068/
I had never thought about that. That would be crazy! Especially since he dominated handedly first half of the year. Have you read any articles projecting this or are you going off your own merits? just curious. Actually, cutting him may actually be better for his dynasty stock in that he can end up in a more predictable environment fantasy wise.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

Team 2

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:16 am

ericanadian wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:34 pm Amendola was clearly the beneficiary of Edelman's injury and I agree that it seemed like Mitchell was the long term replacement. Hogan has played mostly on the outside. He had some value before Cooks arrived. Not so much now. If you can move that package for Ajayi, I would do it.
I'm pushing hard and I do agree that I need to try to move. However, I don't know if I agree with the bolded statement. Cooks was very much part of the offense Weeks 2-8 (post-Edelman injury) and Hogan put up at least 11 fantasy points alongside Amendola, Cooks, and Gronk (not to mention the streak White had going early this year before disappearing - I swear Belichick hates fantasy football). I feel I run into this point with most, and it to be a misconception about Hogan - which is hurting his trade value.

If Edelman were NOT coming back next year and in a vacuum the Pats didn't change their current WR corp I likely would not move him, but, Edelman IS coming back, albeit with a likely regression.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

Team 2

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:19 am

i see the consensus is that NEP WR's will be hard to predict and shouldn't be relied on. Although I disagree with some statements, I agree with the main point. I'll see if I can make the Ajayi deal happen - the owner hasn't outright rejected, but is asking for J. Crowder $2, Njoku $2 and 2.05 as a counter - I feel that's too steep and wouldn't do it, ESP considering the contracts.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

Team 2

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:22 am

Edelmann was hurt in the preseason.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton