Shurmur to NYG?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Shurmur to NYG?

Postby Friction » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:05 pm

2nd interview and looks like he is their focus now. Thoughts in regards to FF?
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Shurmur to NYG?

Postby Phaded » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:15 pm

With the rumours he could be a package deal with Keenum, that would be interesting..

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:43 pm

Yeah I heard a lot of “package deal” stuff between Shurm and Keenum. I assume is must be a mutual thing. I have no idea if that will hold up though. If the Vikings offer Keenum a solid contract, then one would think he would take it. Keenum is more than likely looking to start for a contender, and what better place than where he had his career resurgence? And assuming Shurm does indeed sign with NYG...there’s no way he would start over Eli. The only course of action would be for Eli to be traded (slays a possibility of course), and Keenum being the stop gap for whoever they draft. And is Keenum any upgrade over Eli? All that being said, I’m not sure that NYG are all that close to being a contender (although the division is almost always up for grabs).

Just seems like a lot of “ifs” and “maybes”.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:06 pm

Maybe Shurmur is just trying to help build a market for his QB going into free agency.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

npainter
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby npainter » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:58 pm

I think the only package deal would be in Arizona. Having to deal with moving on from Eli would be a big ask when the replacement is Case Keenum. At the end of the day I think Shurmur would be planning on keeping Eli for 1-2 years while developing a rookie.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 am

Call me crazy, but I believe Keenum is better at this point in his career than Eli Manning is.

I actually think that would be an upgrade at the QB position for the Giants, as Manning has looked fairly pedestrian for two-years running now. Just because Keenum's rise to prominence has been unconventional doesn't mean he's not talented, or that it's not legit.

Not saying he's a Hall of Famer or anything like that. But when Trent Green went down and the Rams had to turn to some nobody named Kurt Warner... It can happen. And dismissing what Case has done for the Vikings this season is short sighted IMO. This guy is likely taking his team to the Super Bowl with a decent chance to win it all. And he's not doing it in a Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson sort of way either.

Sure New Orleans blew the defensive coverage on that last play. But Keenum delivered a nice ball precisely where it needed to be under a tremendous amount of pressure. Bright lights, big stage, and he got the job done.

And I'm not a Vikings fan either. I was rooting for New Orleans.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:39 am

Case would be an upgrade on Eli, but with Eli under contract for two more years, and them liking last year's third round pick Davis Webb, AND being in prime position to draft an elite prospect at #2 overall, I really doubt Keenum goes to NY.

I do like Shurmur in NY though. How was the Giants D this year? I didn't get to see too many of their games.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:50 am

I would have rather seen Shurmur going to Arizona as a Fitz fan. I think Larry would stay next year then for sure. That's still up in the air if he goes to NY.

With that said, I think it's a good fit for NY if he goes there. I've never bought into the "package deal" rumor mill. I think Case signs a big deal with the Vikings after their Super Bowl victory. ;)
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:13 am

^^^^^This guy is from Duluth too?! Holy smokes, I thought I was the only one stuck in hell, on this forum at least....
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:20 am

I think its hard to say Case is an upgrade over Eli. That Giants oline is complete garbage and the team was a disaster this year. I highly doubt if Case had been starting to the Giants this year, he would have found this type of success. Impossible to be sure either way though. Im also not convinced the Vikes will let Case leave after this season (regardless of whether or not Shurmer is there).
Last edited by The Red Rooster on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:20 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 am Call me crazy, but I believe Keenum is better at this point in his career than Eli Manning is.

I actually think that would be an upgrade at the QB position for the Giants, as Manning has looked fairly pedestrian for two-years running now. Just because Keenum's rise to prominence has been unconventional doesn't mean he's not talented, or that it's not legit.

Not saying he's a Hall of Famer or anything like that. But when Trent Green went down and the Rams had to turn to some nobody named Kurt Warner... It can happen. And dismissing what Case has done for the Vikings this season is short sighted IMO. This guy is likely taking his team to the Super Bowl with a decent chance to win it all. And he's not doing it in a Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson sort of way either.

Sure New Orleans blew the defensive coverage on that last play. But Keenum delivered a nice ball precisely where it needed to be under a tremendous amount of pressure. Bright lights, big stage, and he got the job done.

And I'm not a Vikings fan either. I was rooting for New Orleans.

Well, it sucks you were a Saints fan.... too bad for them. Now you and they know how it feels..... I don't feel sorry. They've had their lucky plays go their way. The saints have been good, Brees has been legit and is a for sure lock it in HOFer. S.Payton is a great play caller. But.... in reference to nearly everything else you said above in regard to Keenum - :clap: Who in their right mind actually thinks Eli is (at this point in his career) a better Qb than Case? Just turn on the TV and watch them play. It isn't really even a question. And, it isn't hard to say at all.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:44 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 am Call me crazy, but I believe Keenum is better at this point in his career than Eli Manning is.

Fully agreed
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 am Not saying he's a Hall of Famer or anything like that. But when Trent Green went down and the Rams had to turn to some nobody named Kurt Warner... It can happen.
More than can happen. It DOES happen. Warner got his chance off the street only due to injury. Wasn’t Marc Bulger in due to injury as well? When Drew Bledsoe went down with an injury, the Patriots turned to the highly unathletic low draft pick backup...Drew Brees didn’t look so great and already had his replacement drafted before he took off. Other qbs of note that weren’t “supposed” to be all that good...Brad Johnson (9th round pick), Hasselbeck, Brunell, Gannon, Wilson.
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 am And dismissing what Case has done for the Vikings this season is short sighted IMO. This guy is likely taking his team to the Super Bowl with a decent chance to win it all. And he's not doing it in a Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson sort of way either.
Agreed
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 am Sure New Orleans blew the defensive coverage on that last play. But Keenum delivered a nice ball precisely where it needed to be under a tremendous amount of pressure. Bright lights, big stage, and he got the job done.
Drew Brees also had a rough time moving the ball at the end there. He finally made it into field goal range on a 4th down deep ball to the sidelines, then couldn’t get another first down to ensure they could kill the clock. In multiple attempts he had one big completion. So for those that want to criticize Keenum in that it wasn’t a steady game winning drive but instead was multiple failed plays with one (actually two for Keenum) crucial connection...that’s what Drew Brees did too.
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 am And I'm not a Vikings fan either. I was rooting for New Orleans
Boo!

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:37 pm

Valhalla wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:44 am
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 am And I'm not a Vikings fan either. I was rooting for New Orleans
Boo!
Full disclosure, I'm a Seahawk fan so I didn't have a horse in the race this time around. But now that we're down to the final 4 I'm definitely rooting for the Vikings to hoist the Lombardi. I'd really like that outcome, and I can't root for the Patriots for obvious reasons (looking at you Malcolm Butler :thumbdown: ).

Edit: Besides, I'm not sold that it's a given the Patriots win this week. I think the Jaguars could really throw Brady off his game. As for the NFC, I'm not giving the Eagles much of a chance. Nick Foles is no Drew Brees, and though Philly did just beat Atlanta, the Falcon's offense had a down year in 2017 under Sarkisian.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku